Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Only solution

Default Re: Only solution

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Guys, this is your annual reminder to read Vic’s posts in the voice of Mayor Humdinger from Paw Patrol. It makes way more sense that way!
    As a father of a 4 year old this will be my assignment tonight

Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . did I ever say you instigated me . . .
    You insinuated that we came after you. See your quote here below.

hey RR boys . . . here is how I started it . . . very professional and low keyed . . . but I have never received a heartfelt response, only attacks by you guys . . . so the thread has evolved into what it has . . . I challenge you to sit down and view your last podcast and give an intellectually response to the above and anything else you have seen in this thread . . .
    Again, see the quote below.

. . . pot meet kettle . . . in all seriousness, how many fans do you believe you have turned away from Louisiana sports with negative and toxic takes on RP and RR . . . how many fans have you acquired for Louisiana with that take . . . do you really believe that the “preach the suck” theme that the RR boys have been on for some time now does more to attract new fans or solidifies in potential new fans that Louisiana sucks so why bother . . . and it’s not just the RR guys, RP posters have generally been so high on the suck of the last couple years it’s a wonder that anyone shows up to any Cajuns events and that anyone donates to Cajun athletic causes . . . let us know . . .
    Definitely not " very professional and low keyed"

"Preach the suck"......seriously?

. . . you can’t really say with an honest bone in your body that Levi Lewis was treated fairly here . . . and you have just put out 4 hours of complete negativity and show up here with your holier than thow attitude . . . I hope you have your cap on backwards right now . . .
    Where it all began. If you ever go to my post history, you will clearly see that I have never instigated this type of rhetoric. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    My kids are watching the new movie right now. I’m literally doubled over laughing while reading this thread.

“Ahhh, those Ragin Review boys are ruining my fun, ahhh!!!!”

“Ahhh, time to go sign up for another screen name, ahhhhh!!!!”

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Vehemently disagree with you on the first part of that sentence. Ragin Pagin and listening to local sports radio during college helped develop the love I have for UL athletics. It was the constant exposure. Now RP is a daily habit of mine.
    Same here. Started my RaginPagin account while attending UL and it was a major factor to me becoming a Cajun Fan.

5. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    You insinuated that we came after you. See your quote here below.

Again, see the quote below.

Definitely not " very professional and low keyed"

"Preach the suck"......seriously?

Where it all began. If you ever go to my post history, you will clearly see that I have never instigated this type of rhetoric. Ever.
    . . . awe, cry me a river . . . but each of you have refused to answer whether or not your “preaching the suck” creates new fans, encourages fans to move on or just further exacerbates the current level of fan apathy we are currently experiencing here at Louisiana . . . explain all the good which is coming to Louisiana from that narrative . . .

6. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Same here. Started my RaginPagin account while attending UL and it was a major factor to me becoming a Cajun Fan.
    . . . that was when Ragin PAGIN was fun and not completely filled with the negativity and preach of the suck as we have come to experience here and even in the two successful years Levi Lewis QB our team to unprecedented success . . . this place has become a cesspool of opinions especially of late . . .

CajunVic needs to be removed from this board permanently.

It is very obvious this would benefit all other posters and simple enough to accomplish.

8. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

. . . that was when Ragin PAGIN was fun and not completely filled with the negativity and preach of the suck as we have come to experience here and even in the two successful years Levi Lewis QB our team to unprecedented success . . . this place has become a cesspool of opinions especially of late . . .
    The dope that turned RP into a “cesspool” complaining that RP has become a “cesspool” is so 2023 it hurts. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Ten new episodes of Bluey on Disney+ some times soon.

. . . awe, cry me a river . . . but each of you have refused to answer whether or not your “preaching the suck” creates new fans, encourages fans to move on or just further exacerbates the current level of fan apathy we are currently experiencing here at Louisiana . . . explain all the good which is coming to Louisiana from that narrative . . .
    Not one counter to the post I made. Lovely. And you’ve already cried us an ocean with your instigating posts.

tOo NeGaTiVe!!! pReAcH tHe SuCk!!!!! YOuR hAt Is On BaCkWaRdS!!!! yOu ArE tOo MeAn To LeVi!!!!

We aren’t preaching anything. You’re putting words into our mouths. MAT gave you a full synopsis of what RR has done to help the program. We give to RCAF. We show up to games. There’s even fans that have admitted to us that we have kept them from exiting their support. The question should be what have you done in comparison other than pick petty arguments on RP?

-Fast backward to 1770’s
    -There is internet
    -Instead of Ragin Pagin, we
    have Ragin Patriots
    -Lots of American Patriots who love their land but NOT how the institution runs it
    -The “institution” is GB
    -Two camps:
    —Those that say “it ain’t so bad,” “really there is nothing the institution can do…” “suck it up”
    —Second camp: “You’re right-it ain’t so bad, BUT we can be so much better and be so much more,” and “Stop pumping sunshine up the institution’s arses and make them change….”

You might be right : nothing good ever comes from complaining about “the institution” - just makes people more apathetic…..
    (Sarcasm off)

. . . the only thing which really matters will continue to matter which is $$$$$ . . . $$$$$ make the world go round, $$$$$ make the world sluggish and $$$$$ make the world stop . . . when it comes down to Louisiana athletics, just ask Dr. M . . . ask CMD how hard it is to compete in the portal without NIL . . . ask CBM how he lost his big guy for this year . . . when Dr M has had access to $$$$$, athletics prospered . . . when they were cut down . . . things have slowed . . . even leadership that cares without $$$$$, it will matter not . . .
    Do you even have a point?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    We aren’t preaching anything. You’re putting words into our mouths. MAT gave you a full synopsis of what RR has done to help the program. We give to RCAF. We show up to games. There’s even fans that have admitted to us that we have kept them from exiting their support. The question should be what have you done in comparison other than pick petty arguments on RP?
    To be fair, several people previously commented on this and other threads saying to embrace the suck or preach the suck or whatever. That didn’t just come out of nowhere. And Vic’s frequent point on here is that RP users are too negative, rather than giving the university and the coaches a chance to show that they know what they are doing.

The rest of RP’s general point is that Vic is the one who causes negativity because he picks fights on RP. Here’s the problem with that idea: Vic is negative TOWARD RP, whereas RP is negative TOWARD THE UNIVERSITY. If I understand Vic’s point (which is a very big if), it’s one thing to constantly complain about the athletic department (what almost everyone does on here) but it’s an entirely different thing to complain about RP (what Vic does on here).

With that said, I completely disagree with Vic’s idea that RP users somehow cause fans to leave or prevent new fans from hopping on the bandwagon. That’s just stupid. Does it foster more negativity? Sure, and negativity is certainly a problem with UL circles. But it makes absolutely no sense to say that RP has any sort of effect on the fan base.

14. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    To be fair, several people previously commented on this and other threads saying to embrace the suck or preach the suck or whatever. That didn’t just come out of nowhere. And Vic’s frequent point on here is that RP users are too negative, rather than giving the university and the coaches a chance to show that they know what they are doing.

The rest of RP’s general point is that Vic is the one who causes negativity because he picks fights on RP. Here’s the problem with that idea: Vic is negative TOWARD RP, whereas RP is negative TOWARD THE UNIVERSITY. If I understand Vic’s point (which is a very big if), it’s one thing to constantly complain about the athletic department (what almost everyone does on here) but it’s an entirely different thing to complain about RP (what Vic does on here).

With that said, I completely disagree with Vic’s idea that RP users somehow cause fans to leave or prevent new fans from hopping on the bandwagon. That’s just stupid. Does it foster more negativity? Sure, and negativity is certainly a problem with UL circles. But it makes absolutely no sense to say that RP has any sort of effect on the fan base.
    JAB = Vic

You can't make me believe otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post

The university fails in nearly every aspect of what they do.

For each step forward, regardless of how big that step is, they take three steps back.

We reward failure around here. Marlin, can’t get anyone to show up to games. Wins against horrendous competition and loses against solid teams. Makes the dance 2 times in 14 years, gets a lifetime contract.

Des drastically needs to improve the teams mental toughness and fundamentals. If he does that he will win. We haven’t seen it through the first two seasons. He could be a home run hire, right now it doesn’t look that way. I hope he figures it out though.

Keep raising ticket prices and drawing less and less fans. Destroying future fans by destroying student support.

Parking…do I need to say anything else?

Tailgating…used to be great, not so much now.

Game day experience….putrid

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information