Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Bull rush the lineman right into Penix. The D didn't get many sacks but they made difficult to hit the big plays
    They beat him up all night. I know you are happy. Congrats Jeauxsuphhh

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    They beat him up all night. I know you are happy. Congrats Jeauxsuphhh
    Yep. Taking my victory lap and the gonna pass out. Lol

3. Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

Michigan 34
    Washington 13

4. Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

Something about the way this guy writes, I like a lot.

Chuck Culpepper.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...onal-champion/

Is it just me or is Penix totally overrated? In all of the most important games this year (Oregon, Texas, and Michigan) he missed WIDE open throws. And not just once, but several times.

I'm sure he also had some really good games against lower level teams, and I also know he was injured for a large part of last night's game. But my god he looked awful.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Is it just me or is Penix totally overrated? In all of the most important games this year (Oregon, Texas, and Michigan) he missed WIDE open throws. And not just once, but several times.

I'm sure he also had some really good games against lower level teams, and I also know he was injured for a large part of last night's game. But my god he looked awful.
    This is the exact thing that most lsu fans have been saying on all of social media/message boards. All because some people in media said he got snubbed for the heisman. You know they had to take up for their boy Jayden

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    This is the exact thing that most lsu fans have been saying on all of social media/message boards. All because some people in media said he got snubbed for the heisman. You know they had to take up for their boy Jayden
    In my opinion, there wasn't a really great candidate for Heisman this year. I think Daniels had the best stats of any QB, so he deserved it relatively speaking. But when you're giving the Heisman to the QB of a 3-loss team, I think that suggests something about the quality of candidates on the table.

It appeared when the demise of the PAC12 was set, the media took Washington and Oregon on as their darlings. Nix, by circumstance, played into the scenario by being former SEC talent. Penix just happen to be better. I was really hoping for a TCU level beat down by Michigan when they had a fast start.

Penix did have a few horrific misses. And the same time, their OL was overmatched all night, forcing Penix to throw and pray.

Daniels was the pick of the litter of mutts. No top shelf candidates this year.

9. Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

I don't comprehend the "lower level teams" comment.

Years in which you make to the National Title game, every team you played thus far was a "lower level team."

The overall body of his work says he is not overrated, but if all one saw was last night its hard to develop a high opinion.

In my opinion, there wasn't a really great candidate for Heisman this year. I think Daniels had the best stats of any QB, so he deserved it relatively speaking. But when you're giving the Heisman to the QB of a 3-loss team, I think that suggests something about the quality of candidates on the table.
    Penix dismantled Texas, got beat up against Michigan. He did miss some throws, I’d bet he has broken ribs too.

He put up 2000 yards 14tds 5ints against his 7 ranked opponents. With one of those games being in a damn cold monsoon.

Also of note, Michigan’s defense held opponents to less than 300 yards of offense in every game but 3. Ohio St, Nebraska and Washington were the only teams to break 300 yards of offense.

I love how LSU fans trash any other player when they think he may be better than their beloved Tigers.

11. Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

I don't know if this is the case here but its hard work for one to get past the SEClusive mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't know if this is the case here but its hard work for one to get past the SEClusive mindset.
    90% of SEC fans are fricken IGNORANT to other conferences play. They ride the coattails of Bama and UGA.

I don't comprehend the "lower level teams" comment.

Years in which you make to the National Title game, every team you played thus far was a "lower level team."

The overall body of his work says he is not overrated, but if all one saw was last night its hard to develop a high opinion.
    I'll give you an example. At first glance, Oregon had a huge, 40-point bowl win over an undefeated ranked team. Extremely impressive until you see that the opponent was Liberty. Liberty and Oregon are not remotely of the same caliber.

Your comment presumes that there's no basis for people valuing the SEC. If Washington had to play at least three of Ole Miss, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Missouri, and Tennessee, there is approximately a 0% chance that they go undefeated this season.

Maybe they only lose one game. Maybe they lose two. But their season would suddenly look very different.

Your comment presumes that there's no basis for people valuing the SEC. If Washington had to play at least three of Ole Miss, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Missouri, and Tennessee, there is approximately a 0% chance that they go undefeated this season.

Maybe they only lose one game. Maybe they lose two. But their season would suddenly look very different.
    Well I know they’d at least beat one time on that list. And that team just happens to have the heisman

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information