Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Lol. But that then makes bama out of playoff while simultaneously lowering uga's claim of close game against a playoff team
    Or takes out Texas

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    You're right. Why would anyone want to watch the four best teams in the country? It's much more fun to watch less skilled teams who have a marginally better record.
    Put a sock in it brah. The SEC was the third best conference this year. End of story.

3. Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Put a sock in it brah. The SEC was the third best conference this year. End of story.
    I believe you what you mean is that there were at least three SEC teams were better than Washington in football this year and Washington was lucky to draw Texas as their simi-final opponent. I think I got that correct. That’s a whole sock drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I believe you what you mean is that there were at least three SEC teams were better than Washington in football this year and Washington was lucky to draw Texas as their simi-final opponent. I think I got that correct. That’s a whole sock drawer.
    Name them. Name the 3

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Name them. Name the 3
    They (UW) could beat everyone on his list except Georgia.

6. Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Name them. Name the 3
    Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    They (UW) could beat everyone on his list except Georgia.
    Yup and I’m not really sold on UGA.

8. Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

That is why they play the games.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss
    As you said a couple posts after this “that’s why they play the games”

The Texas team that Washington beat, beat Alabama. And Alabama beat Georgia.

Meanwhile, Alabama and Georgia both beat Ole Miss.

So the games were played.

10. Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Really. Like I said, the bottom of your analysis is better than Washington. That analysis is the biggest cop out crock of an analysis but you go ahead and do you. If Vegas was asked to put out a line on Washington v any of those three SEC teams, Washington would be an underdog. You know it, I know it and everyone here knows it. Most analysis found on this board has Sunbelt bias and this is about the worst. We don’t usually see that from you, however it looks like you just could not resist on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Tracking a team's potential by comparing who they played to who the opponents played, to who those opponents played, to who those opponents played, is literally the worst way to assess how good a team is. It always leads to contradictions.

Tracking a team's potential by comparing who they played to who the opponents played, to who those opponents played, to who those opponents played, is literally the worst way to assess how good a team is. It always leads to contradictions.
    Still better than arbitrarily thinking an SEC team is better just by virtue of being in the SEC.

All of this bull____ is why there should have been a 16 team playoff years ago.

13. Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

Always.

However absent a floating 24-game regular season it is often the only viable metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Always.

However absent a floating 24-game regular season it is often the only viable metric.
    It is not the only viable metric. It's hardly a viable metric at all. Under that method, we would say that Texas lost to Oklahoma, and Oklahoma lost to Kansas; therefore, Kansas is better than Texas.

The best way to assess a team's talent is to consider a wide array of factors together.

15. Default Re: Who's your pick for the Football National championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Always.

Maybe you can say only method but that does not make it a viable one. The test that JAB and I use is more akin to what Vegas would use in setting a line for those games were they to occur. We will get a better opportunity to see how that would have played out next year with a 12 team playoff. Until then, we each have our own beliefs on the subject without any real way to resolve the differences. We should do like good little brothers and good little sisters at this time and just agree to disagree until next year.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information