Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Default How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

What is the way we can create excitement about UL athletics?

If we continue this trend we will end up like ULM with no fan support and no one showing up to the games.

We will start having trouble funding athletics and if goes down far enough. We will end up with no money with no fan support. Bad thing is the Administration has created this.

If Marlin stays for another 4 yrs without making it to a tournament with no excitement in scheduling we will be in trouble

If Des goes into his 4th year without a winning season or without creating excitement we will have a new stadium with no one attending.

We have create this black hole and if we don’t do anything in the next 3 yrs without anything changing we will be a college with no fan support and no money!

Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

I went to Louisiana IceGators games when I was younger. They would shoot Popeyes chicken out of a canon. Just a thought.

3. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Have leadership that cares. Period. Nothing else matters at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Have leadership that cares. Period. Nothing else matters at this point.
    Start hiring local "qualified" people in these positions!

Need to get rid of woke liberal women who are running the student life department. The excitement needs to start on campus and trickle out to the community. They will never gain any kind of momentum on campus with the status quo.

Want to create excitement? Then do something different. Take feedback from fans and do something outside the status quo. When I say take feedback from fans, I mean all fans. The causal fan, the $50 donor, the $250 donor, and so on. Create opportunities for people to have meaningful conversations with leadership. No, I don't mean an email survey.

Had to.

UL when it comes to there Athletic Programs!

Name:  IMG_6497.gif
Views: 258
Size:  280.6 KB

First step is hiring competent coaches. Without hope in leadership it is not enjoyable to be a fan. Coaches that lose to this year’s usm and get drilled by Stetson or whoever it was are hard to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Need to get rid of woke liberal women who are running the student life department. The excitement needs to start on campus and trickle out to the community. They will never gain any kind of momentum on campus with the status quo.
    Its the only people that will work in these bull____ jobs! Until Universities get serious about really educating people and not pushing all this DEI, this is this is what you get.

I grew up an LSU fan, moved to the Shreveport area, and started following Tech, where my dad graduated from. Then I accepted a scholarship to (at the time) USL. Now, and for the last 27 years, it's been the Cajuns above all else. My dad, once an avid LA Tech supporter, turned his back on Tech and was a huge Cajuns fan after going to many games and thoroughly enjoying the pregame atmosphere. Building or converting a fan is much more difficult in today's college climate. If the university administration isn't fully supportive it can be that much more difficult. I really don't think that some very passionate, occasionally somewhat negative fans could turn prospective fans away. It may actually be good for new, casual fans to see how passionate our fan base actually is. That said, we do need a new way to cultivate new fans. It's much more difficult today to convert fans than it was 20 plus years ago.

Will begin by stating something positive. The football stadium redo now underway is exciting. Represents a major commitment to our most important athletic program. That alone will not reengage or attract new fans. Sure maybe at first the new stadium will be like the new Chick Filet opening, everyone wants to check it out. Soon the novelty fades, then what? The athletic department is desperate to raise more revenue in order to compete. Those leaders must come up with a strategy to do that while rolling out the red carpet to fans, students, sponsors, donors, media, etc. Taking folks for granted is a sure fire way to lose customers. If the customer won't come to you, then you go to them. The next thing is hold coaches accountable, stop tolerating mediocrity. Its bewildering that some coaches are allowed to meander along without meaningful improvement. Maybe its unfair, but football and Men's basketball coaches should be on a shorter leash due to those sports potential to drive so much revenue. We tolerate too much mediocrity for too long. The cULture is not nipping it in the bud. Instead the current mediocre approach by the university breeds fan apathy. Sure we might be a bunch of homers, but you get tired of feeling like your fandom is being taken advantage by no one listening. Or worse you become sick and tired of paying for ongoing mediocrity or decline like what is being allowed in football. Loyalty is a two way street. I'm a small fish, but makes me question after 20+ years why open the check book next year for football? Its irrational to care so much if the powers that be won't acknowledge the obvious decline and communicate about it.

12. Default Re: How to create excitement for UL Athletics?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Will begin by stating something positive. The football stadium redo now underway is exciting. Represents a major commitment to our most important athletic program. That alone will not reengage or attract new fans. Sure maybe at first the new stadium will be like the new Chick Filet opening, everyone wants to check it out. Soon the novelty fades, then what? The athletic department is desperate to raise more revenue in order to compete. Those leaders must come up with a strategy to do that while rolling out the red carpet to fans, students, sponsors, donors, media, etc. Taking folks for granted is a sure fire way to lose customers. If the customer won't come to you, then you go to them. The next thing is hold coaches accountable, stop tolerating mediocrity. Its bewildering that some coaches are allowed to meander along without meaningful improvement. Maybe its unfair, but football and Men's basketball coaches should be on a shorter leash due to those sports potential to drive so much revenue. We tolerate too much mediocrity for too long. The cULture is not nipping it in the bud. Instead the current mediocre approach by the university breeds fan apathy. Sure we might be a bunch of homers, but you get tired of feeling like your fandom is being taken advantage by no one listening. Or worse you become sick and tired of paying for ongoing mediocrity or decline like what is being allowed in football. Loyalty is a two way street. I'm a small fish, but makes me question after 20+ years why open the check book next year for football? Its irrational to care so much if the powers that be won't acknowledge the obvious decline and communicate about it.
    Outstanding post.

Well already said it when that stadium is built we need to be experimenting with ideas and when OLOL stadium is finished better be on point for the first game and be able to handle 30k a game !!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    If I trolled like you did on here I would stay home and watch on my patio to, as you have admittedly do several times on here. Tell me do you and JAB ever watch together.
    How did I get roped into this?

I contributed to the thread, and I still have not received any comment about my proposed fried chicken canon.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    How did I get roped into this?

I contributed to the thread, and I still have not received any comment about my proposed fried chicken canon.
    I am down I don’t see how we haven’t done that before. I mean that canon reach into the upper deck!!

Wonder why they never did it for basketball games ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information