Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MBB COACH

Default MBB COACH

I won’t go to a MBB game until Marlin is gone. He can’t recruit.

Default Re: MBB COACH

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    I won’t go to a MBB game until Marlin is gone. He can’t recruit.
    He also can't coach players up. Generally speaking the players arrive and leave with pretty much the same skills.

3. Default Re: MBB COACH

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    He also can't coach players up. Generally speaking the players arrive and leave with pretty much the same skills.
    I completely disagree.

He coaches players up, but fails miserably at getting them to function as a team.

Thats why he needs "super stars" to win and they come along once every 5 years.

I wonder how many times the “I won’t attend another game until Marlin is gone” thread has been started on RP. Has to be 20+.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I completely disagree.

He coaches players up, but fails miserably at getting them to function as a team.

Thats why he needs "super stars" to win and they come along once every 5 years.
    EXACTLY! Has anyone wondered why Marlin's style of street ball isn't winning the bigger games? He needs super stars because all he coaches is pickup ball at best. Just like Cajun Field, the Cajun Dome is a ghost town on gameday. I don't go anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I wonder how many times the “I won’t attend another game until Marlin is gone” thread has been started on RP. Has to be 20+.
    I wonder who has stuck the statement. I know I have, I haven’t been to a game since 2014.

That’s after having never missed a home game from 1998-2004. Then again in Marlins first year.

Complete roster turnover, and excuses told me all I needed to know.

I won't go to another game until the "I won't attend another game until Marlin is gone" threads are gone.

At least that many. And the current attendance indicates that those weren't idle threats

I won't attend another game until the person who signed off on the Cajundome reno chairs and useless cup holders is gone.

10. Default Re: MBB COACH

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I won't attend another game until the person who signed off on the Cajundome reno chairs and useless cup holders is gone.
    I won't attend another game until the Table Room is open 360 days a year.

Unfortunately I bought season tickets but I won't buy anything from the concession stands until Sodexho quits price gouging

12. Default Re: MBB COACH

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I won't go to another game until the "I won't attend another game until Marlin is gone" threads are gone.
    . . . very clever Scotsman . . .

I won't attend another game until I can be 18 again and go see Sidney Grider rain 3's from the parking lot, then pay a $5 cover at Mako's and drink free draft and hurricanes until 1AM.

Taking a HS superstar and teaching them to function as part of a team is coaching them up.

Taking a HS player with great unfulfilled potential and coaching them up to a higher level is something I have never seen out of Bob Marlin.

Taking players in general and teaching them to play with team and individual discipline is something he has no clue how to do.

When the team won conference I was told by some players on the team that it was PLAYERS that made the team work, not the coach. Those players wanted better for themselves and for the team so they had more to do with the team success than the coach.

15. Default Re: MBB COACH

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    Taking a HS superstar and teaching them to function as part of a team is coaching them up.

Taking a HS player with great unfulfilled potential and coaching them up to a higher level is something I have never seen out of Bob Marlin.

Taking players in general and teaching them to play with team and individual discipline is something he has no clue how to do.

When the team won conference I was told by some players on the team that it was PLAYERS that made the team work, not the coach. Those players wanted better for themselves and for the team so they had more to do with the team success than the coach.
    . . . looks like coaching might be in the future of those players . . .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information