Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Troy

Default Re: Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Technically it was Ascension Episcopal.
    That was my point. He listed the high school Des went to not where he was a coach. Every coach went to high school.

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    If you had a choice between Michael Desormeaux, Ted Davidson, Jim Hightower, Louis Cook, J.T. Curtis Jr., Brice Brown, Nelson Stewart, Jon Foster, Jerry Arledge, or Hunter Landry, who would you hire?

I didn't even have to leave the State of Louisiana to find 9 coaches who I would have hired over Michael Desormeaux. Most of them would have gone to UL for $250K and a high incentive package. My point is, if you are going to hire a HS coach at your university, at least hire the best one available. I'd bet that the people on this forum could add 20 or more names to my list.
    None of that has to do with the fact that mike went to CHSNI. I would have loved to see Louie get the job when Baldwin was hired. Louie the only one in that bunch with play calling experience at the college level.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Too many stops. All those connections are gonna weigh him down.
    That is some funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    If you had a choice between Michael Desormeaux, Ted Davidson, Jim Hightower, Louis Cook, J.T. Curtis Jr., Brice Brown, Nelson Stewart, Jon Foster, Jerry Arledge, or Hunter Landry, who would you hire?

I didn't even have to leave the State of Louisiana to find 9 coaches who I would have hired over Michael Desormeaux. Most of them would have gone to UL for $250K and a high incentive package. My point is, if you are going to hire a HS coach at your university, at least hire the best one available. I'd bet that the people on this forum could add 20 or more names to my list.
    Some of those names are some great recruiters.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    None of that has to do with the fact that mike went to CHSNI. I would have loved to see Louie get the job when Baldwin was hired. Louie the only one in that bunch with play calling experience at the college level.
    Coach Cook would have been the football version of Robe.

6. Default Re: Troy

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Maggard hired a guy from Catholic of New Iberia. We are not a serious program right now.
    I spit coffee all over my computer. thanks! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Too many stops. All those connections are gonna weigh him down.
    heeeheeeheeeee

8. Default Re: Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    heeeheeeheeeee
    . . . bored ____less . . .

Maggard hired a guy from Catholic of New Iberia. We are not a serious program right now.
    So you think Murray County High School is a much better education than Catholic? The high school you went to doesn’t make you a good coach or not. I doubt the AD even asks what HS an applicant went to.

Hey dumbass, Alabama hired a coach from Monagha High School which was demolished later. It worked ok for them I think.

11. Default Re: Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    Hey dumbass, Alabama hired a coach from Monagha High School which was demolished later. It worked ok for them I think.
    I was wondering where Bear Bryant went to school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information