Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Maggard?

Default Re: Fire Maggard?

Not sure of the answer but I'm pretty sure t joe is responsible for our bone headed decisions as of late. Time for a new president and I'm thankful our pos governor's time is winding down.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Dr Maggard does not like these results.
    Who does?
    His hands are tied right now. Gotta let the basketball season pan out. As for as the Football coach I am sure he has at least two years left. Let’s hope our football program has a winning season next year cause if not that brand new stadium will be empty when it opens in 2025.
    THAT is why next year could be Dez’s demise. And no, 7-6 won’t cut it.

“His hands are tied right now”

I support Dr. Maggard, but I keep hearing this. What AD would work with hands tied. I’d resign, move on or stand up for my department and career. Hands tied is an excuse.

Is he personally reaching out to everyone dropping their donations. Is he garnering excitement for Cajun nation in the radio, media, in person, in schools? Scheduling exciting matchups for our fans? Hands tied is nothing but excuses. Sorry but thats the truth. Dr. Maggard has done some great things for athletics, but some areas like fan support have really gone down. At the end of the day it is the AD that is responsible. I just don’t want to hear the hands tied excuse.

Fire Maggard and hire who? No one that’s not brain dead would come in to this athletic ____ show right now. It would be career suicide.

Dr Maggard does not like these results.
    Who does?
    His hands are tied right now. Gotta let the basketball season pan out. As for as the Football coach I am sure he has at least two years left. Let’s hope our football program has a winning season next year cause if not that brand new stadium will be empty when it opens in 2025.
    Hands are tied now. He decided to bring back a coach with an 8th place finish in conference year before last and tried to lie to our fanbase and say the dude had a 75% winning percentage here.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    THAT is why next year could be Dez’s demise. And no, 7-6 won’t cut it.
    For fans maybe but 7-6 will absolutely cut it for our admins. Hell 4-8 will probably cut it for at least a 4th year.

Facts: Football came in 5th place in the SBC West this season with 5 in conference losses and 4th place in SBC West in 2022 (4 conf. losses). Troy won the division and conference with one conference loss in both 2022 & 2023. If the standard is we are competing for championships, at least the West division, it likely means we can only afford to lose one conference game, maybe two at most. The football program is regressing on paper and if you trust your eyes, its plain to see on the field, too.

We were lucky to win the division with 3 conference losses in 2018. Can't count on that. IMO, Dr. Maggard needs to live up to and restate what he's stated before, our standard is competing for championships. CMD needs to win the SBC West next season, advance to the championship game to compete for the conference championship or adios amigos. We can't just coast into the next season like we're about to turn the corner. That's BS. We need more public sense of urgency communicated from Dr. Maggard. The fanbase needs to hear this as well to regain confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    “His hands are tied right now”

I support Dr. Maggard, but I keep hearing this. What AD would work with hands tied. I’d resign, move on or stand up for my department and career. Hands tied is an excuse.

Is he personally reaching out to everyone dropping their donations. Is he garnering excitement for Cajun nation in the radio, media, in person, in schools? Scheduling exciting matchups for our fans? Hands tied is nothing but excuses. Sorry but thats the truth. Dr. Maggard has done some great things for athletics, but some areas like fan support have really gone down. At the end of the day it is the AD that is responsible. I just don’t want to hear the hands tied excuse.
    Agree. We cannot fall into La Tech’s example of a pitfall. Something must be done soon or we will be just like La tech in a Pitfall of suck and everyone on this board would have said. I told ya so.
    Just don’t see any coaching changes coming for football or basketball for 2024 at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Promote Jessica Leger and complete the southland transition.
    That is 100% their next move.

Never thought I would say this, but I'm done.

11. Default Re: Fire Maggard?

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Never thought I would say this, but I'm done.
    Noooo

Agree. We cannot fall into La Tech’s example of a pitfall. Something must be done soon or we will be just like La tech in a Pitfall of suck and everyone on this board would have said. I told ya so.
    Just don’t see any coaching changes coming for football or basketball for 2024 at least.
    Tech folks I’ve met and with the ones on line mostly are not thrilled with their president Henderson. Most think he’s just there to surf to retirement. A yes man for JBE and moved out of the way to put the political appointment of Grambling’s president as ULS president. They fear his NWST love.

Seems like 3 major programs are worse off than they were 10 years ago.

Stadium was orchestrated by Nico and Maggard hasn't raised a cent after he left. The additional 25 mill to start the project T-joe got from the state.

Time to pull the plug ?
    We need a serious overhall! USL diehard fanbase fading out! No excitement to generate new fans. RCAF, Alumni Assn, FB, BB, etc...all seriously underperforming. Embarrassing!

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Not sure of the answer but I'm pretty sure t joe is responsible for our bone headed decisions as of late. Time for a new president and I'm thankful our pos governor's time is winding down.
    So fire Dr Savoie because the football team lost a bowl game? You're saying to just throw away any academic & research accomplishments because you're not satisfied with how the football season turned out? Am I reading that correctly?

That's in addition to what they gave .
    Post the link about the state funds. It’s the first I hear of them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information