Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Fire Maggard?

Default Re: Fire Maggard?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Post the link about the state funds. It’s the first I hear of them.
    It's in one of the state memos every school got a couple of million to do what they pleased.

2. Default Re: Fire Maggard?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    So fire Dr Savoie because the football team lost a bowl game? You're saying to just throw away any academic & research accomplishments because you're not satisfied with how the football season turned out? Am I reading that correctly?
    . . . looks like you are reading that 100% rock solid accurate . . .

So fire Dr Savoie because the football team lost a bowl game? You're saying to just throw away any academic & research accomplishments because you're not satisfied with how the football season turned out? Am I reading that correctly?
    Are you pleased that we have all but done away with our entrance requirements? 18 on the ACT and 2.0 GPA for guaranteed admission. A list of exceptions to be made if you can’t live up to these embarrassingly low standards. I don’t think you really wanna talk about academics at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    It's in one of the state memos every school got a couple of million to do what they pleased.
    OK. So they were getting that couple of million regardless of if they were building a stadium or not? That is not the same is being given money to build a stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Are you pleased that we have all but done away with our entrance requirements? 18 on the ACT and 2.0 GPA for guaranteed admission. A list of exceptions to be made if you can’t live up to these embarrassingly low standards. I don’t think you really wanna talk about academics at the moment.
    When I was in school and Authement was trying to make money and increase enrollment by using the pell grant, all you had to do is put your name on an ACT in you'd be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    OK. So they were getting that couple of million regardless of if they were building a stadium or not? That is not the same is being given money to build a stadium.
    The point was the state had to bail out Maggard to start the stadium. If you noticed there hasn't been a major gift to that project since Nico left in 2022.

7. Default Re: Fire Maggard?

That train is never late!! Coach Chris to the rescueeeeeeee

Who should go first? Personally I don't care about the order. I would fire everyone on this list prior to firing Brian Maggard. Everyone on the football and basketball list need to go, and I actually think that, given complete control over the future hires, Brian Maggard would get us good coaches for football and basketball.

Brian Maggard

Bob Marlin
    Derrick Zimmerman
    Casey Perrin
    Neil Hardin
    Phillip Shumpert

Michael Desormeaux
    LaMar Morgan
    Tim Leger
    Jorge Munoz
    Matt Bergeron
    Jeff Burris
    Mike Giuliani
    Jeff Norrid
    Bryant Ross
    Galen Scott
    Dennis Thomas
    Luke Paschall
    ___________ (fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    Who should go first? Personally I don't care about the order. I would fire everyone on this list prior to firing Brian Maggard. Everyone on the football and basketball list need to go, and I actually think that, given complete control over the future hires, Brian Maggard would get us good coaches for football and basketball.

Brian Maggard

Bob Marlin
    Derrick Zimmerman
    Casey Perrin
    Neil Hardin
    Phillip Shumpert

Michael Desormeaux
    LaMar Morgan
    Tim Leger
    Jorge Munoz
    Matt Bergeron
    Jeff Burris
    Mike Giuliani
    Jeff Norrid
    Bryant Ross
    Galen Scott
    Dennis Thomas
    Luke Paschall
    So you want to fire EVERY coach including Norris who’s heading to Duke to be their OL coach?

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post

Brian Maggard

Bob Marlin
    Derrick Zimmerman
    Casey Perrin
    Neil Hardin
    Phillip Shumpert

Michael Desormeaux
    LaMar Morgan
    Tim Leger
    Jorge Munoz
    Matt Bergeron
    Jeff Burris
    Mike Giuliani
    Jeff Norrid
    Bryant Ross
    Galen Scott
    Dennis Thomas
    Luke Paschall
    Just list the two head coaches and assistants are assumed gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Just list the two head coaches and assistants are assumed gone as well.
    Des was on coach Huds staff in 2016

Maggard might be AD at this crappy performance time of UL sports, but promise you this. About ten years after he leaves here, y’all going to miss him.

He was a generational hire. Best AD since TDP. 40 years of making do or settling.

Fire Marlin, Desormeaux and Brodhead.

None of these have consistently performed up to stated standards.

Deggs is marginal.

Glasco is outstanding.

Of our 5 leading sports, only Softball is performing up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Maggard might be AD at this crappy performance time of UL sports, but promise you this. About ten years after he leaves here, y’all going to miss him.

He was a generational hire. Best AD since TDP. 40 years of making do or settling.
    This is entirely correct; though being the best since TDP is a pretty low bar [which Maggard has greatly exceeded].

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

Keyword WAS. It’s well established this isn’t the same guy who walked in the door in 2017. Flat as can be.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information