Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajuns at McNeese

1. Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I used to be a kid. I’m an adult now. Nonetheless, I am and have been a kid.

Almost the same logic.
    Who are we "kidding" ... ourselves.

Basketball is simultaneously the fastest turnaround sport and the most sustainable (fortunes wise) sport the NCAA has to offer.

Yet, in spite of this truth Louisiana historically and consistently treats basketball M&W like a decades in the makings project that is only fixed though an inordinate amount of stability.

Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

Well it's a fools errand to expect anything to happen in basketball here as long as Marlin is extended in perpetuity. The only solution at this point is to let it die, and rebuild it. But then again, this same administration is doing the hiring, so.....nevermind. Embrace the suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    If anyone ever wants to know who the most hated university is in Louisiana, just pay a visit to X. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is rooting against us. They are all threatened one way or the other. Embrace it…let the hate flow through you.
    If there’s a direct proportion between hating someone and feeling threatened by them, what am I supposed to think about how much this board hates LSU?

4. Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    If there’s a direct proportion between hating someone and feeling threatened by them, what am I supposed to think about how much this board hates LSU?
    There definitely tends to be an opposite and equal reaction to to percieved events or intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Being youre an LSU fan, why don't you just tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    But bob gets hate when he says we are everyone’s Super Bowl. Maybe not everyone but the fact is people get up to play us. In every fkin sport. At the same time it’s our coaches’ jobs to have our players prepared to play whether it’s football softball/baseball or basketball. Our team was prepared today. 2 little _____ refs made sure that we didn’t walk out with a W. Blake butler got his 4th on a bullsht call and Themus got screwed too. Y’all can hate all y’all want but these clowns rushed the floor after beating little ol ull. Lots of purple in that crowd and they will he gone next year when wade leaves them in the dust. I’m proud of the fight tonight. We were ready
    You really think refs cost us this game? This game came down to not having a guy that can go create his own shot at the end of a game. And Kitenge trying to dribble 18 feet from the goal with his back to the basket multiple times late. This team has continued to fall apart in winning time on the road all year. No guy that can go get us a bucket when it is needed. Fulks and Julien couldn't beat their guy off the dribble. Having no back up PG is killing this team as well. Fulks is really really good at distributing but when he is on the bench, Thomas just stands around with the ball. Too many holes on this team and Marlin seeing what MT has been for 3 years and rolling with it is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    You really think refs cost us this game? This game came down to not having a guy that can go create his own shot at the end of a game. And Kitenge trying to dribble 18 feet from the goal with his back to the basket multiple times late. This team has continued to fall apart in winning time on the road all year. No guy that can go get us a bucket when it is needed. Fulks and Julien couldn't beat their guy off the dribble. Having no back up PG is killing this team as well. Fulks is really really good at distributing but when he is on the bench, Thomas just stands around with the ball. Too many holes on this team and Marlin seeing what MT has been for 3 years and rolling with it is laughable.
    I think those two calls played a real pivotal role in the momentum of the game. As far as Kitenge handling the ball, he was doing it all game. I see why they went back to him. Also something was off with Kobe. Not quite sure what but if he has a normal game I think we win by 10. But there was no way we were getting out of there with a W.

I think those two calls played a real pivotal role in the momentum of the game. As far as Kitenge handling the ball, he was doing it all game. I see why they went back to him. Also something was off with Kobe. Not quite sure what but if he has a normal game I think we win by 10. But there was no way we were getting out of there with a W.
    Both techs on the Cajuns were probably the right call. No composure from Kitenge and Butler who are older guys too. We knew it would be a tight whistle after the benches cleared for McNeese.

I think those two calls played a real pivotal role in the momentum of the game. As far as Kitenge handling the ball, he was doing it all game. I see why they went back to him. Also a omething was off with Kobe. Not quite sure what but if he has a normal game I think we win by 10. But there was no way we were getting out of there with a W.
    Both techs on the Cajuns were probably the right call. No composure from Kitenge and Butler who are older guys too. Hell, I also saw an assistant laying into your boy Landry and another guy on the bench for talking _____. Composure was not there for sure. It was a rough environment but we need to be better.

Been saying this. We have no closer or 'star'. Kitenge is very limited offensively and that's who we're forced to rely on to finish? This team is cooked until we can get a star. Preferably an offensive one. Or at least another Elfrid Payton that's elite at defense, getting to the basket and playmaking.

11. Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

Stars seem to come along every four or five years.

Perhaps we should call them comets.

Both techs on the Cajuns were probably the right call. No composure from Kitenge and Butler who are older guys too. Hell, I also saw an assistant laying into your boy Landry and another guy on the bench for talking _____. Composure was not there for sure. It was a rough environment but we need to be better.
    Man I sat right behind the Cajuns bench. The kids from mcneese were turning around talking ____ every time they did something. It’s silly that kids can’t show emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Been saying this. We have no closer or 'star'. Kitenge is very limited offensively and that's who we're forced to rely on to finish? This team is cooked until we can get a star. Preferably an offensive one. Or at least another Elfrid Payton that's elite at defense, getting to the basket and playmaking.
    Fulks is elite at playmaking. He just doesn't have a guard next to him that can go get a bucket when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgu1 View Post
    The best basketball coach in LA is in Lake Charles.
    100% and it's not even close.

We can blame refs and the “hostile” environment all we want. At the end of the day, our Cajuns team, less than one year off of a tournament birth, blew a double digit lead in the 2nd half to a McNeese team that barely won a third of its games last season.

Now, I’m sure Big Fish Bob’s wife is on social media decrying any fan criticism of her well-paid husband and complaining about how classless Will Wade is, just like she did last time.

And with this “hostile” environment, what stopping our program from creating a hostile environment for opponents at the Cajundome? If McNeese can do it…

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information