Bob thinks any road game win a steal.
    Lol

Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

I'm really not.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Because softball doesn’t do the same?
    Softball actual attendance is more that basketballs actual attendance. Hell softball had over 800 fans for fall ball games. No comparison my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    But bob gets hate when he says we are everyone’s Super Bowl. Maybe not everyone but the fact is people get up to play us. In every fkin sport. At the same time it’s our coaches’ jobs to have our players prepared to play whether it’s football softball/baseball or basketball. Our team was prepared today. 2 little _____ refs made sure that we didn’t walk out with a W. Blake butler got his 4th on a bullsht call and Themus got screwed too. Y’all can hate all y’all want but these clowns rushed the floor after beating little ol ull. Lots of purple in that crowd and they will he gone next year when wade leaves them in the dust. I’m proud of the fight tonight. We were ready
    Serious question. What is the plan for CL? And why isn't he not playing? I trust your opinion on this. Is is youth, still learning the system, etc? He balled out at STM and yeah I know this is a different level of talent. I was hoping he would get into some rotation and get his feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Softball actual attendance is more that basketballs actual attendance. Hell softball had over 800 fans for fall ball games. No comparison my friend.
    Softball uses tickets sold…just like all of our athletic programs.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Serious question. What is the plan for CL? And why isn't he not playing? I trust your opinion on this. Is is youth, still learning the system, etc? He balled out at STM and yeah I know this is a different level of talent. I was hoping he would get into some rotation and get his feet wet.
    RS

Needs to develop and get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Softball uses tickets sold…just like all of our athletic programs.
    And softball still has more fans in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    RS

Needs to develop and get stronger.
    Thanks for the update.

9. Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    If anyone ever wants to know who the most hated university is in Louisiana, just pay a visit to X. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is rooting against us. They are all threatened one way or the other. Embrace it…let the hate flow through you.
    ………Well Big Buds I think/know you are on the money…I am not a great historian but look back on some things that spurred the not liking of UL….(The Cajun thing)….all the other schools way back were more red neck and certainly didn’t have the French and Catholic culture……the Black student enrollment which I am not sure of but remember a number of Black classmates…our becoming a UNIVERSITY (man this touched some nerves)…our Growing enrollment which probably led to LSU Eunice/Alex…our BLACK ATHLETES…,now it really started to show….our going1-A in athletics….the success in basketball and the 2 years of top 20 rankings in football…the R1in academics….our endowment…our resource funding with our research campus…it was the LSUs and TULANES trying to push us down and the rest pulling at our pants———feel free to add some more reasons, but yes we are not the favorite of the state schools!

The hate runs deep. Just look at Beryl Shipley not getting into the LSHoF until, as promised, until he was dead. Freaking 40 year grudge.

Or the SLC’s little post on X. Dang, left 50 years ago.

There are some bitter MFers out there.

I have been trying to tell yall for what, 8 years now. Lil Bobby Big Guppy ain’t the guy, never has been the guy. When you have the guy you know it.

But let’s go through the doldrums for 20 years. It’s fricken pathetic. Schedule down for years and still get handled.

Remember this, WE ARE AND HAVE BEEN A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. Yet it’s the only sport with no expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Remember this, WE WERE A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. Yet it’s the only sport with no expectations.
    FIFY

If we want to increase revenue, exposure and build the brand, men’s basketball is easily the most realistic avenue to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    FIFY
    We still are, it’s the only sport that we can own the state in. But, we tell ourselves it can’t be done.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We still are, it’s the only sport that we can own the state in. But, we tell ourselves it can’t be done.
    I used to be a kid. I’m an adult now. Nonetheless, I am and have been a kid.

Almost the same logic.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information