Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: Cajuns at McNeese

Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Anyone saying losing to McNeese in anything "isn't really that bad" should not be taken seriously. We are infected with the loser disease around this place.

Ricky Bustle got schit canned for losing to McNeese 20+ years ago. Marlin gets defended for losing to McNeese in 2023. Think about that.
    Basketball is a totally different sport from football. Even the best NCAA basketball teams will drop a game or two that they shouldn't.

Of course, UL has lost more than just a couple of games. My point is that when you have a .500 record and you're looking back at the teams you probably should've beaten, McNeese isn't really on the list. I'd be more frustrated with a few other games.

And if your opinion is "We shouldn't have lost any of our games this season," then I can't help you. As I said, everyone is going to lose here and there.

2. Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    No he didn’t. He got fired 3 years later but I’ll let you cook son.
    McNeese was the spearhead. WKU was the death knell. Had Rickey not gotten embarrassed by McNeese at home, he might still be coaching here.

3. Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Basketball is a totally different sport from football. Even the best NCAA basketball teams will drop a game or two that they shouldn't.

Of course, UL has lost more than just a couple of games. My point is that when you have a .500 record and you're looking back at the teams you probably should've beaten, McNeese isn't really on the list. I'd be more frustrated with a few other games.

And if your opinion is "We shouldn't have lost any of our games this season," then I can't help you. As I said, everyone is going to lose here and there.
    My stance is that you shouldn't lose to a program we left in the dust 20 years ago. Espeically with a 13 point lead and 3 of their players thrown out of the game.

You shouldn't get blown out by Samford. You shouldn't lose to Wright State. You shouldn't fail to sell 1K season tickets. You shouldn't have Rebounder Club cultists arguing with our fans on social media. You shouldn't have the coach's wife excusing this crap and going after people on Facebook and Twitter. You shouldn't blame every loss on the refs. It's all embarrassing.

The fanbase has quit on Bob Marlin and Bob Marlin has quit on the fanbase. That is the hard truth of it all.

My stance is that you shouldn't lose to a program we left in the dust 20 years ago. Espeically with a 13 point lead and 3 of their players thrown out of the game.

You shouldn't get blown out by Samford. You shouldn't lose to Wright State. You shouldn't fail to sell 1K season tickets. You shouldn't have Rebounder Club cultists arguing with our fans on social media. You shouldn't have the coach's wife excusing this crap and going after people on Facebook and Twitter. You shouldn't blame every loss on the refs. It's all embarrassing.

The fanbase has quit on Bob Marlin and Bob Marlin has quit on the fanbase. That is the hard truth of it all.
    I'm on board with most of this. The circumstances of the loss can always be frustrating, whether it's a should-win game or a should-lose game.

I also understand that no one wants to appear as truly competitive with a school like McNeese. You'd rather be seen as a higher tier program. That's definitely embarrassing, but it sounds more like a deep-seeded identity crisis than a mere frustration over one basketball game.

I was saying that the basketball game wasn't really a bad loss, all things considered, and I don't think a single loss to a school like McNeese reflects poorly on UL as a whole. But if RP thinks so, then I guess my point is kind of irrelevant.

5. Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

I'm on board with most of this. The circumstances of the loss can always be frustrating, whether it's a should-win game or a should-lose game.

I also understand that no one wants to appear as truly competitive with a school like McNeese. You'd rather be seen as a higher tier program. That's definitely embarrassing, but it sounds more like a deep-seeded identity crisis than a mere frustration over one basketball game.

I was saying that the basketball game wasn't really a bad loss, all things considered, and I don't think a single loss to a school like McNeese reflects poorly on UL as a whole. But if RP thinks so, then I guess my point is kind of irrelevant.
    You're saying that in a vacuum. It is impossible to view the Marlin era by just this season or just yesterday's game. It's way beyond the outcome of one game.

6. Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

. . . he is a fan, he gets to view it how he wants . . .

7. Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

McNeese was the spearhead. WKU was the death knell. Had Rickey not gotten embarrassed by McNeese at home, he might still be coaching here.
    If they had as many bowl games then, as now, he would, still be coaching here.

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Once again, Marlin proves he should not be here, but the admin cannot see it. Dude should have been fired 8 years ago.
    Amen, glory hallelujah! Best basketball post ever on any forum!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I have been trying to tell yall for what, 8 years now. Lil Bobby Big Guppy ain’t the guy, never has been the guy. When you have the guy you know it.

But let’s go through the doldrums for 20 years. It’s fricken pathetic. Schedule down for years and still get handled.

Remember this, WE ARE AND HAVE BEEN A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. Yet it’s the only sport with no expectations.
    yet, the program is very THREATENING!!!!

You shouldn't have the coach's wife excusing this crap and going after people on Facebook and Twitter.

100% agreement with that statement. A coach's wife should never get on social media. Critics come with the territory. But a serious blunder.

At the same time, the idiocracy that follows when those who engaged in arguing with a coach's spouse repeatedly complain about being shut out the program. Let it go.

Any one of us married guys would back our spouse, regardless of the situation, and the other party would be dead to us.

Disclaimer.I think she blocked me on FB, and I never engaged direct discussion with her.

11. Default Re: Cajuns at McNeese

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    100% agreement with that statement. A coach's wife should never get on social media. Critics come with the territory. But a serious blunder.

At the same time, the idiocracy that follows when those who engaged in arguing with a coach's spouse repeatedly complain about being shut out the program. Let it go.

Any one of us married guys would back our spouse, regardless of the situation, and the other party would be dead to us.

Disclaimer.I think she blocked me on FB, and I never engaged direct discussion with her.
    Anyone who inserts themselves to discourse about the program, especially defending its underperformance with foolishness, is fair game. As the coach's wife, she then becomes an extension of him and a mouthpiece for his position. As long as there are no personal insults being hurled, people paying good money to support this program have every right (and IMO responsibility) to engage and debunk.

McNeese isn't on that list? I'd hate to see your list. We were up double digits at one time, they had 2 starters ejected and we were up 2 with 1 minute left. Keep thinking that.

Anyone who inserts themselves to discourse about the program, especially defending its underperformance with foolishness, is fair game. As the coach's wife, she then becomes an extension of him and a mouthpiece for his position. As long as there are no personal insults being hurled, people paying good money to support this program have every right (and IMO responsibility) to engage and debunk.
    I understand that. But don’t get bent if someone gets ghosted. I personally might not like it, but does comes with the territory too.

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Once again, Marlin proves he should not be here, but the admin cannot see it. Dude should have been fired 8 years ago.
    He laughs every time he gets a check deposited into his account. I bet he says to his wife all of the time "Can you believe this crap? I have been a mediocre coach at best at UL and my teams have been mediocre and underperformed for years. Yet those morons in Martin Hall keep throwing money at me year after year and keep extending my contract. Life is sweet baby!! Go buy yourself a new Mercedes!"

Well, loss was unacceptable. It is funny, for once, it was someone’s Super Bowl. Storming the court afterwards. ������

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information