Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's compare Rich Rodriguez' contract with Coach Des' Contract

Default Let's compare Rich Rodriguez' contract with Coach Des' Contract

The following are the specifics for Coach Rodriguez' contract as reported by the Gadsden Times. After reading these specific from a coach that has been on the staff at: West Virginia, Clemson, Tulane, Michigan, Arizona, Ole Miss, Louisiana-Monroe? His experience and 181-125-2 record as a head coach makes him someone I would love to have at UL coaching the Cajuns.

Beginning during the 2023 season, Rodriguez will be eligible for bonuses of up $195,000 per year. He must complete the football season to be eligible for the bonuses.

He will earn $20,000 if the Gamecocks finish atop or tied for first place in their conference.

An additional $100,000 can be earned if JSU finishes in the the top 25 of one or more of the Associated Press or College Football Playoff final football rankings.

New Jacksonville State head coach addresses the media and JSU community at his introductory press conference on Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021 in Jacksonville, Alabama.
    New Jacksonville State head coach addresses the media and JSU community at his introductory press conference on Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021 in Jacksonville, Alabama.
    Rodriguez will also be eligible for bonuses based on wins in a season. Only one of the win can come against a non-FBS opponent. He is only eligible for the highest of these bonuses for any given season.

$10,000 for winning six games

$20,000 for seven

$30,000 for eight

$50,000 for nine or more wins

Rodriguez can also earn bonuses for his players' performance in the classroom.

$5,000 if the team has an annual average grade point average of 3.0 to 3.29,

$10,000 for a GPA of 3.3 to 3.49

$15,000 for 3.5 or above

He will also receive a bonus of $10,000 if the football team achieves a graduation success rate of at least 80%, as determined by the NCAA.

Rodriguez will receive other benefits, in addition to the ones that senior JSU administration officials receive, such as retirement and welfare benefits.

If Jacksonville State terminates Rodriguez's employment without cause, the school will owe him the balance of the remaining of his base salary for the duration of the contract. He will continue to collect his salary for duration, with that compensation offset by future employment (either in college or with a professional team).

If Rodriguez is terminated with cause, he will not receive anything.

If Rodriguez leaves for another job, he has to pay JSU the remainder of the contract amount in a lump sum within 60 days.

Among the reasons JSU could terminate Rodriguez "for cause" include: insubordination; breaking NCAA rules/violations; falsifying records; not cooperating with an investigation by the school, conference or NCAA; betting on games; using or selling drugs; unethical conduct; and violating law or school policies regarding discrimination or sexual harassment.

Default Re: Let's compare Rich Rodriguez' contract with Coach Des' Contract

Do you have Dez contract like this I'd love to compare it.

Here you go

Attached Images Attached Images  

What is R.R.’s base? I don’t think I saw it listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Seeing both 800k and a million.

He was only making 150k at Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Do you have Dez contract like this I'd love to compare it.
    I believe that was a prior agreement when Jax State was FCS. Per below database, he is at $1,000,000/yr now.

I know it doesn’t fit the narrative, but UL coach is actually one of the lower paid head coaches in FBS.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sal...football/coach

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    $500,000

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSID View Post
    I believe that was a prior agreement when Jax State was FCS. Per below database, he is at $1,000,000/yr now.

I know it doesn’t fit the narrative, but UL coach is actually one of the lower paid head coaches in FBS.

Thank you for the correction. The article I read was in 2023 I believe. They must have renegotiated after just one year.

Yahoo News listed his salary at $800,000 in April of 2023. I guess they don't know how much he is getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    Yahoo News listed his salary at $800,000 in April of 2023. I guess they don't know how much he is getting paid.
    You mean better coaches than Mike for the same price are out there?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    You mean better coaches than Mike for the same price are out there?
    No mike is the only coach in the world that would have taken the job for 750k. The birdie.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    No mike is the only coach in the world that would have taken the job for 750k. The birdie.
    He think he would have taken it for 500K.

13. Default Re: Let's compare Rich Rodriguez' contract with Coach Des' Contract

It actually perfectly fits the narrative. The narrative is, we USL'd the hire because MH is cheap. Thanks for essentially cementing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Here you go
    here let me help
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So hire cheap get cheap results... perfect thanks

It's like the master plumber left and we hired the kid who goes get the screw driver to finish the house. He may know what pipe looks like but now you only have cold water inside and a leak in the wall. Hey it saved you a ton of money though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information