Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: My recommendation for Coach Desormeaux

Default Re: My recommendation for Coach Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . I looked long and hard on the Louisiana football rosters for the past two years and don’t find either of those ex-players on those rosters . . .
    Figured you didn't know those 2 guys. 2 of the best men to wear the uniform.

2. Default Re: My recommendation for Coach Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Figured you didn't know those 2 guys. 2 of the best men to wear the uniform.
    . . . I understand that these are two great guys but they didn’t play for CMD . . .

. . . I looked long and hard on the Louisiana football rosters for the past two years and don’t find either of those ex-players on those rosters . . .
    You want to explain what not being on the roster has to do with 2 ex players knowing what an off season and camp is supposed to look like?

I don’t see Nick Saban or Dabo Sweeney on those rosters either, but I trust the process that they mentored Billy to adopt as his own, that unfortunately his successor decided to abandon.

4. Default Re: My recommendation for Coach Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    You want to explain what that has to do with 2 ex players knowing what an off season and camp looks like.

I don’t see Nick Saban or Dabo Sweeney on those rosters either, but I trust the process that they mentored Billy to adopt as his own, that his successor decided to abandon.
    . . . if they were not there participating in the workouts how do they know exactly what happened . . .

. . . if they were not there participating in the workouts how do they know exactly what happened . . .
    I think you are the only one on this site that doesn't believe that not having players in the dorms during camp has a direct correlation to results on the field.

Secondly the biggest reason Des was hired was to retain the "cULture" and keep doing what Billy built, but Des immediately changed things thinking he knew better. Also i got news for you, Des having easier camps directly led to his terrible record in 1 score games

6. Default Re: My recommendation for Coach Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I think you are the only one on this site that doesn't believe that not having players in the dorms during camp has a direct correlation to results on the field.

Secondly the biggest reason Des was hired was to retain the "cULture" and keep doing what Billy built, but Des immediately changed things thinking he knew better. Also i got news for you, Des having easier camps directly led to his terrible record in 1 score games
    . . . it is pretty magnanimous of you to speak for everyone on this site but me . . . and of course four HFC . . . No thanks . . .

. . . as for your second paragraph, it’s only an opinion of one . . . an armchair internet board coach . . . and it should be granted that amount of latitude and significance . . .

I recall the player consternation when HUD arrived and started making the team run stadiums until they collapsed. He said something then similar to
    My old Class 1A (small school) coach in Northern Cal told us every year. “We might play a more talented team, BUT they won’t beat us in the 4th Qtr because the team is out of shape…”
    Having endurance is what you need in 1 possession games!

You don’t have to be at practice to know what the structure of camp is supposed to look like. Again Nick Saban never been to Des’ practice but he knows how to build a winning camp structure and atmosphere. 2 years in Des has proven his structure gets results of lack of attention to detail and finish which is the difference in all those games where he is “just one or 2 plays away”.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information