Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Des and Maggard

Default Des and Maggard

Serious changes need to be done this offseason. We are about to lose our fan base (what's left of it). I for one am going to drop my season tickets, tailgating spots, and my $3000 RCAF donation if we go into next year status quo also if Des doesn't give up playcalling duties.

The past two seasons have been pathetic, maggard and des have absolutely destroyed our top 25 football team.

Default Re: Des and Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Serious changes need to be done this offseason. We are about to lose our fan base (what's left of it). I for one am going to drop my season tickets, tailgating spots, and my $3000 RCAF donation if we go into next year status quo also if Des doesn't give up playcalling duties.

The past two seasons have been pathetic, maggard and des have absolutely destroyed our top 25 football team.
    So what are you going to do with the extra $3k.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    So what are you going to do with the extra $3k.
    3k? More like 5k after tailgating and season tickets. Sounds like a really family vacation

Maggs isn’t doing ____!

3k? More like 5k after tailgating and season tickets. Sounds like a really family vacation
    I bought a Kamado joe with the money I would have spent on tickets and rcaf. Seems like I made the right call.

Nothing will change until the stadium is done. Not many fans are going to pony up and go risk heat stroke in the East bleachers.

Play calling this year......until today.....was better this year.

Play calling today wasn't why we lost. Our OL play was horrible. Flat out horrible .

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post

Play calling today wasn't why we lost. Our OL play was horrible. Flat out horrible .
    Bottom line. Maggard and Des will return in 2024.

9. Default Re: Des and Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Bottom line, most fans will not.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    That's cool but how many of us will be back next year. I am in the same position as the first poster. I go to games but buy a tailgate spot and give it to Veteran organizations that want to tailgate, not anymore nor will I give my RCAF donation. I will make a donation to softball, water ski team and go to Vegas with the rest of the money.

I will die a hard core Cajun fan. Will avoid any knee jerk decisions. I/we made it through the toothpick years.

Maggard has to be having HUGE buyers remorse. Who wouldnt? He will NEVER say it publicly.... but as much as I admire Des and his commitment to UL for nearly 2 decades......facts 1) we finished the season 1-4 and looked and played like a 1-4 team. 2) Des lost more conference games this year than Billy lost his final 3 years.
    3) In 5 of the 7 losses this year we were favored to win. Don't recall last year but pretty sure similar happened.
    4) Most concerning.....Des' record in close 1 score games is pathetic.

Des was not Maggard's hire, just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Des was not Maggard's hire, just sayin.
    Fan apathy has hit all-time lows under Maggard. Basketball/football attendance is getting real bad.

I read we pre-sold under 1,000 tickets for the New Orleans bowl. I’m confident the majority of Lafayette/Acadiana wasn’t even aware of the game today.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post

My guy......play calling is def the biggest issue. You cannot be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    My guy......play calling is def the biggest issue. You cannot be serious.
    It’s atrocious!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information