Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I-49 update

UL Football I-49 update

Not a high jack, just an infrastructure FYI. Saw the first piling being driven for the main overpass 90 @ Ambassador today. And horizontal roadbed beams being installed for southbound service road over BNSF tracks. A benefit from the drought, making good time. Back to the stadium.

Default Re: Demo party 12/11

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Not a high jack, just an infrastructure FYI. Saw the first piling being driven for the main overpass 90 @ Ambassador today. And horizontal roadbed beams being installed for southbound service road over BNSF tracks. A benefit from the drought, making good time. Back to the stadium.
    Thanks for that. I was wondering what the progress is for the project, but never go out that way much anymore. That will be really nice once it is done.

Now if we can only see construction of the Connector in the near (relatively speaking) future I can die a happy man.

It might be a test pile. We're there 4 reaction piles driven next to it? Looks like they are fast tracking this one. If they are driving piling before any embankment is placed. The west side service road is better than the old lane of 90 it replaced.

Prestressed concrete beams have come a long way. Let's hope they don't screw up their deflection calculations when they place the concrete deck. Some of the overpasses headed to Morgan City are like washboards

It might be a test pile. We're there 4 reaction piles driven next to it? Looks like they are fast tracking this one. If they are driving piling before any embankment is placed. The west side service road is better than the old lane of 90 it replaced.

Prestressed concrete beams have come a long way. Let's hope they don't screw up their deflection calculations when they place the concrete deck. Some of the overpasses headed to Morgan City are like washboards

If anyone has any updated pictures please post. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Not for you

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Some of the overpasses headed to Morgan City are like washboards
    Disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Disaster.
    No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    I took a bunch just this a.m. and will be posting soon. Plus, a ‘bonus’ pic.

Default Re: I-49 update

Not a high jack, but you got a thread split started lol

I passed by about lunch time today. The piling are indeed permanent. It looks like they will build the overpass with minimal embankment. This should go pretty quick.

12. Default Re: I-49 update

What’s the plan for the Evangeline Thruway? Overpass, or a completely different route from the Ambassador Caffery 90 intersection

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What’s the plan for the Evangeline Thruway? Overpass, or a completely different route from the Ambassador Caffery 90 intersection
    Raised interstate that runs near the railroad track directly west of Evangeline Thruway ending at either Pinhook or Kaliste. I think Kaliste.

https://lafayetteconnector.com/

Best viewed on desktop browser: https://aecomvr.com/I49/

14. Default Re: I-49 update

This is crucial to Lafayette parish. No doubt many people in Lafayette have become like frogs placed in a big pot of water as the heat has been rising for years. Everyone I know who visits Lafayette can’t believe the traffic that moves like Steens Blue Ribbon pours on a frosty morning.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post

Best I could tell was the first pile. They were driving at an excavated area, a few feet below grade. Looked over at it when the light changed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information