Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I-49 update

Default Re: I-49 update

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    well i guess since the legislature passed a resolution it's going to be on the front burner. ha ha.

https://www.kadn.com/news/local/loui.ea8be42a3.html
    Oh boy how exciting

Has anyone else noticed how big of a cluster____ North University is now between 1-10 and Cameron Street? Hopefully whoever thought that design up is not involved in the I-49 design pipe dream

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Oh boy how exciting

Has anyone else noticed how big of a cluster____ North University is now between 1-10 and Cameron Street? Hopefully whoever thought that design up is not involved in the I-49 design pipe dream
    The N. University project is simple politcal pandering disguised as bike paths. It's like the Northgate mall. Over the decades government has created different crossovers and such to promote the mall. Just like downtown, government keeps telling the Northgate Mall folks they can be the savior. Acadiana Mall will be on deck at some point.

Attended the public event earlier this month. The 350 million has already been diverted to two projects. Verot/90 which is ready to go; suppose to start next year. Verot will go over 90 and the tracks. Frank's has already started relocating some of their operations as I understand.

Other money was sent to KS interchange design and engineering. Timeline 2029. That one will be more tricky with the airport. Further up the road University will go under 90/49, which will be at grade due to the airport. Figure KS will be the same.

Also on table to be done is overpass at Patoutville sugar mill tracks and an interchange at Boutte and 310.

Was told there are multiple unresolved issues getting 49 done thru Lafayette. Grossly underestimated the cost of a design/build project, more ROW needed at railroad tracks (overpass for service roads) and, the last, the good old parochialism card. Not to mention local parochialism wanting a loop around Lafayette, but not even a true limited access loop.

Throw in the LC bridge, the Mississippi River Bridge near Gonzales, 49 thru Shreveport (just a note LA 3132 loop needs to be rebuilt which will cost the same is being bantered as an alternative to 49 thru Shreveport) and CENLA is politicking for I-14 to Alex.

Not in most of our lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The N. University project is simple politcal pandering disguised as bike paths. It's like the Northgate mall. Over the decades government has created different crossovers and such to promote the mall. Just like downtown, government keeps telling the Northgate Mall folks they can be the savior. Acadiana Mall will be on deck at some point.

Attended the public event earlier this month. The 350 million has already been diverted to two projects. Verot/90 which is ready to go; suppose to start next year. Verot will go over 90 and the tracks. Frank's has already started relocating some of their operations as I understand.

Other money was sent to KS interchange design and engineering. Timeline 2029. That one will be more tricky with the airport. Further up the road University will go under 90/49, which will be at grade due to the airport. Figure KS will be the same.

Also on table to be done is overpass at Patoutville sugar mill tracks and an interchange at Boutte and 310.

Was told there are multiple unresolved issues getting 49 done thru Lafayette. Grossly underestimated the cost of a design/build project, more ROW needed at railroad tracks (overpass for service roads) and, the last, the good old parochialism card. Not to mention local parochialism wanting a loop around Lafayette, but not even a true limited access loop.

Throw in the LC bridge, the Mississippi River Bridge near Gonzales, 49 thru Shreveport (just a note LA 3132 loop needs to be rebuilt which will cost the same is being bantered as an alternative to 49 thru Shreveport) and CENLA is politicking for I-14 to Alex.

Not in most of our lifetimes.
    Isn’t it amazing to see this legislation with a project sitting in the wings ready to start? Photo op.

4. Default Re: I-49 update

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The N. University project is an epic waste of tax dollars. Bike lanes won't solve the issues plaguing this area. N. University should be the gateway to UL, but it has been ignored since at least when I moved to Lafayette in 1995.

The Northgate Mall isn't going to be resurrected, development in N. Lafayette will be in the Louisiana Ave. and I-10 area. https://developinglafayette.com/wp/p.ave-near-i-10/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information