Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 NOLA Bowl: Louisiana 31, Jacksonville State 34

Default Re: 2023 NOLA Bowl: Louisiana 31, Jacksonville State 34

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    How about a renovated start of the art smaller stadium to accommodate a shrinking fan base with a declining football team. Best I’ve got.
    Stadium can probably only hold 15k next year and we still won't fill it 50%

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    What a
    U-S -L moment!!
    When and where was it determined that being USL was a bad thing? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    We are about to go get worked over by Will Wade in Lake Charles. This could be one of the worst Cajuns athletics days in a while. Hope i’m wrong about the bball result, we need something good after this bowl loss.
    It’s sold out.

I try not to be negative, but let’s just let it fly tonight. Reset tomorrow and we don’t have to worry about football for a bit.

Announcers in some games lauded the fact that we kept the same coaching staff from last year. How is that a mark of success when you go 6-7?

We lost games the same way we lost them this year. Won games the same way too. But again, you’re 6-7.

It’s time to recognize that continuity hires don’t work. Everyone wanted a success story, but it’s not playing out.

I don’t wish for anyone to be fired. However, you just had 2 seasons of the exact same results. If not worse given how we finished in the West. Change some stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I try not to be negative, but let’s just let it fly tonight. Reset tomorrow and we don’t have to worry about football for a bit.

Announcers in some games lauded the fact that we kept the same coaching staff from last year. How is that a mark of success when you go 6-7?

We lost games the same way we lost them year. Won games the same way too. But again, you’re 6-7.

It’s time to recognize that continuity hires don’t work. Everyone wanted success story, but it’s not playing out.

I don’t wish for anyone to be fired. However, you just had 2 seasons of the exact same results. If not worse given how we finished in the West. Change some stuff up.
    No one does i told you so better than you i knew you would post this, you are more predictable than anyone.

I guess success was getting too expensive and required too much effort by the administration. Problem is they are still overpaying for the results they want. Should have hired a high school coach for $300k.

Last edited by irokcj5; December 16th, 2023 at 07:10 pm. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Ain’t nobody gonna defend that ____ here.
    C'mon buds.....you know there will be.

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    No one does i told you so better than you i knew you would post this, you are more predictable than anyone.
    Yikes. Glad you’re so invested. Care to give examples?

When did I ever utter or even reference “I told you so?” since I’ve been on this board?

I want athletics to succeed. Never have I taken the route of wanting them to fail because “I told you so.”

Quote Originally Posted by MrCaelan04 View Post
    For what it’s worth, and I’ve said it over and over, let’s fire Des tomorrow and promote LaMar Morgan. Our defense kept us in this game, and they had to be out there for 100+ plays. They balled out. Desormeaux didn’t.
    I couldn't disagree more. Our defense was terrible and played their run game with a 3 man line. We gave up over 500 yds and over 100 plays and lost to a school in its first year of FCS play. Our interceptions were passes thrown right at our defender, wasn't even great defensive plays. Morgan is not a DC and should be replaced. Neither is Des an OC. Neither were prepared for their respective positions. He needs to give up his horrible play calling and bring in an OC if he is to remain HC. I have defended him for 2 years, but losing faith. If he is let go, his buyout should be cheap given his salary. The money we got from Florida would take care of a buyout, although probably long spent by now. UL football is at a serious crossroads. Losing record, no confidence in HC, declining fan base and declining revenue, and in 2 short years went from the best of the Sunbelt to now one of the worst. What to do?

Haven’t we helped a number of programs get their first …. UAB I think got their first 1A win. I know there are others. Glad we can help our new FBS members. JState is now 1-0. We are immortal

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Yikes. Glad you’re so invested. Care to give examples?

When did I ever utter or even reference “I told you so?” since I’ve been on this board?

I want athletics to succeed. Never have I taken the route of wanting them to fail because “I told you so.”
    Sorry I meant my post for JMV I don't know how i quoted you. He is king of I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    C'mon buds.....you know there will be.
    Not tonight, James! I’m burning the ____ing boats!

13. Default Re: 2023 NOLA Bowl: Louisiana 31, Jacksonville State 34

Attendance: 14,485 (paid)
    3rd smallest crowd in Nola bowl history.
    Looked like 5k

Covid year was worst.
    Followed by last year of WKU vs USA 13,456.

I figured JSU would bring more fans but even they weren’t fired up to face a 6-6 team.

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    Sorry I meant my post for JMV I don't know how i quoted you. He is king of I told you so.
    No worries. Just a crap day.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Attendance: 14,485 (paid)
    3rd smallest crowd in Nola bowl history.
    Looked like 5k

Covid year was worst.
    Followed by last year of WKU vs USA 13,456.

I figured JSU would bring more fans but even they weren’t fired up to face a 6-6 team.
    Anyone knows how many tickets we sold to the bowl game

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information