Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: 2023 NOLA Bowl: Louisiana 31, Jacksonville State 34

1. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs Jacksonville State

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Exactly right. He's done this before and it's cost us. Just inexplicable.
    All these extensions are built into the initial contract. Once we hire a coach he’s here to stay except for cause or complete failure.

Default Re: 2023 NOLA Bowl: Louisiana 31, Jacksonville State 34

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I disagree. If he wins 10+ games and the SBC, we might make the CFP. That is deserving of an extension.
    You give extension to protect yourself from coaches getting poached. No one is coming calling for Dez even of he wins 10 games. Just like Bobby they could offer him a year to year contract and he would have no chose but to accept it.

I think that is aimed towards Martin Hall.
    Ah.

my apologies to sonsissymia. That one went over my head.

Woke up this AM hoping I felt differently about my feelings toward the state of the football program. I know I’m one little voice without a mega wallet, but nope. That ball is rolling downhill.

At least the Facebook page has a few chuckles on it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    You give extension to protect yourself from coaches getting poached. No one is coming calling for Dez even of he wins 10 games. Just like Bobby they could offer him a year to year contract and he would have no chose but to accept it.
    BINGO
    There is ZERO %- and that is not exaggeration - that either CMD OR Fish Man are on ANYONE’s long list for D-1 , D-1AA, or D2 FB or BB coach
    Period!

Dez is a lame duck coach heading into ‘24. He has to win the SBC to change my opinion.
    Nah. Maggard went all in on Des and he's going to give him as much time as possible to prove it was the right decision. Des is doing just enough to keep it going at least through his contract. You get a 3 or 4 win season next year that could accelerate thoughts about a change but Maggard will give him all the time in the world to prove it was the right hire.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Nah. Maggard went all in on Des and he's going to give him as much time as possible to prove it was the right decision. Des is doing just enough to keep it going at least through his contract. You get a 3 or 4 win season next year that could accelerate thoughts about a change but Maggard will give him all the time in the world to prove it was the right hire.
    Maybe Maggard needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCaelan04 View Post
    For what it’s worth, and I’ve said it over and over, let’s fire Des tomorrow and promote LaMar Morgan. Our defense kept us in this game, and they had to be out there for 100+ plays. They balled out. Desormeaux didn’t.
    Umm, not quite. Our defense gave up over 500 yards and was on the field over 100 plays. We couldn't stop anybody. We were absolutely gifted those 4 turnovers. The throws on all of those INT's were just terrible. Had they stayed true to their running identity we wouldn't have been within 14 points. Now, the offense was just putrid and quite honestly, embarrassing to say the least and Fields just missed so many open guys and made some poor decisions but the defense did not "ball out".

Umm, not quite. Our defense gave up over 500 yards and was on the field over 100 plays. We couldn't stop anybody. We were absolutely gifted those 4 turnovers. The throws on all of those INT's were just terrible. Had they stayed true to their running identity we wouldn't have been within 14 points. Now, the offense was just putrid and quite honestly, embarrassing to say the least and Fields just missed so many open guys and made some poor decisions but the defense did not "ball out".
    Jax State flat out beat our ass! It was a miracle we made it that close.

10. Default Re: 2023 NOLA Bowl: Louisiana 31, Jacksonville State 34

If you not ____ed off or totally disgusted with the state of the football program then you living in fantasy land

Jax State flat out beat our ass! It was a miracle we made it that close.
    UL is a poorly coached football team that didn't deserve to be in a bowl game. 900 tickets sold to a bowl game 2 hours away in a climate-controlled NFL stadium. Embarrassing. I'm not sure why any of us care anymore.

If we keep Des, and I'm sure we will, change DC and hire and OC to call plays. Our DC was inexperienced coming in and has been a disaster. Let Des be the head coach. He is not an in-game play caller. That is obvious after 2 years. His play calling at critical times has cost us several games and set our program back years. We are 5th in the Western Division ahead of only USM and ULM and we lost to USM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    UL is a poorly coached football team that didn't deserve to be in a bowl game. 900 tickets sold to a bowl game 2 hours away in a climate-controlled NFL stadium. Embarrassing. I'm not sure why any of us care anymore.
    I completely agree.

I have a problem and it’s that I love this program too much. I’m not sure I can keep it up much longer.

When M$M and I were talking yesterday he mentioned the 900 tickets…I honestly thought it would have been less. Regardless, an awful number.

Name:  20231217_092405.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  118.6 KB

12.17.2023 State of the Swamp

Stepping back, maybe Maggard made a brilliant move playing the long game. Too long to explain, but it’s there to see.

Only thing he didn’t see was the fan base’s response to increases for fans and MH’s hammering the students. Both hurting attendance.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread Information