Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Default The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Anyone who saw Des’ press conference and was in Shreveport last year, knows that Des was referring to the wether, when he made the comment about the bored fans and being in S-port last year. Look at how Joe Cunningham the Yankee (above Mamou) tries to spin it as he was taking a shot at the city. Joe should be a shamed of himself as someone who works at KPEL 96.5 a Lafayette station.

https://kpel965.com/ul-ragin-cajuns-...03VDQhBs_Y6lVY

Last edited by Big Poppa; December 14th, 2023 at 07:55 pm. Reason: I want to know if the guy that says I’m a Des hater was in that cold like was. lieN

2. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

. . . how much credence do you give to a sports writer who does not even know who we play in the Superdome this weekend . . .

Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . how much credence do you give to a sports writer who does not even know who we play in the Superdome this weekend . . .
    Or a local sports writer who apparently wasn’t even there?

4. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Ive never seen so many dumb takes (media, and, social) from one quote.

As far as the Independence Bowl goes, Shreveport "last year" was unlike Shreveport any other year.

Last years conditions were a one-off and if Louisiana was going back to the Indi Bowl, this year, Desormeaux could have said the same thing and been just as accurate with no knock on fans or Shreveport.

He’s not a sports writer he does a political talk show on 96.5 at 5 pm weekdays. That’s my point his article isn’t about sports it is about getting people in Shreveport to have a beef with our university, because of his false narrative. It was written to stir the pot in my opinion and he knew what he was doing.

It wouldn’t matter except for the fact there may be a day the Cajuns need a bid and the only other in state bowl than NOLA, passes on the because of this jackass.

We know the deal with Townsquare. They are looking for clicks. The 103.3/1420 articles were the same. Mostly poorly written, too.

If you watched that clip with a little context into the weather last and no one even mentioning it as a shot at the Shreve, then you don’t even make that connection.

7. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    He’s not a sports writer he does a political talk show on 96.5 at 5 pm weekdays. That’s my point his article isn’t about sports it is about getting people in Shreveport to have a beef with our university, because of his false narrative. It was written to stir the pot in my opinion and he knew what he was doing.

It wouldn’t matter except for the fact there may be a day the Cajuns need a bid and the only other in state bowl than NOLA, passes on the because of this jackass.
    In that piece he was a sports writer . . .

8. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

From icy to A/C, From outside to inside, from I-49 to I-10, from north to east. From one opponent to another. Bowls can never be boring because they are never the same.

"From nudes to apes, oceans to computers, Miami is anything but boring.
    —Alexandra Bregman, Forbes, 30 Nov. 2023"

In that piece he was a sports writer . . .
    No in that piece he didn’t talk about one pass completion, one tackle, one score…. He was simple trying to kindle flames in the old north La vs So La battles and stereotypes that has gone on forever. A football coach just happen to be the subject in this round of the battle.

The story was written for a political talk station.

How stupid are these people. Of all people, Des ain't that dude to bash a city like that. That's why we have Ragin Review!
    We all know that he was talking about it was misrably cold.
    Does someone really like really want to tell them about Shreveport? LOL!
    Hey at least they talking about us?

Shreveport was wonderful to the Cajuns last year; the weather was not. We had a blast. So did the team. Coach Desormeaux's comment was not a shot at Shreveport, it was directed at the weather which even kept Shreveport folks (who bought tickets) at home.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We know the deal with Townsquare. They are looking for clicks. The 103.3/1420 articles were the same. Mostly poorly written, too.

If you watched that clip with a little context into the weather last and no one even mentioning it as a shot at the Shreve, then you don’t even make that connection.
    Absolutely right, nothing but click bait.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post

This. I actually like Joe, and I would have expected better from him that something like that.

However, it has become known (and we've seen it and discussed it here) that if Townsquare Media's radio hosts don't generate and put out their quota of garbage clickbait articles, then they won't be employed there for much longer.

The "news" from our local radio media, both sports and non-sports, has gone to ____ because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    This. I actually like Joe, and I would have expected better from him that something like that.

However, it has become known (and we've seen it and discussed it here) that if Townsquare Media's radio hosts don't generate and put out their quota of garbage clickbait articles, then they won't be employed there for much longer.

The "news" from our local radio media, both sports and non-sports, has gone to ____ because of that.
    There’s news out there. They are just too lazy to pursue it.

15. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

That bowl game was cold and miserable. how is that insulting Shreveport?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information