Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

1. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Story seems to have been removed now...
    "This is somewhat embarrassing, isn't it?"

2. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Why is HOT 107.9 still considered the official flagship UL station? They could give a damn about the cajuns. Just look at what they post, all they care about is the other school, top golf, and sharon moss. The morning show guys only care about what benefits them. Calling all those stations at 1749 Bertrand Dr "Local" is a joke.

Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by 850Cajun View Post
    Why is HOT 107.9 still considered the official flagship UL station? They could give a damn about the cajuns. Just look at what they post, all they care about is the other school, top golf, and sharon moss. The morning show guys only care about what benefits them. Calling all those stations at 1749 Bertrand Dr "Local" is a joke.
    Coverage of our local university and its athletics, even on our “flagship” ESPN1420/The Supposed GOAT 103.3, has gone WAY down from what it was pre-Townsquare takeover to now.

4. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Coverage of our local university and its athletics, even on our “flagship” ESPN1420/The Supposed GOAT 103.3, has gone WAY down from what it was pre-Townsquare takeover to now.
    100% Agree, not one station in that cluster has even said anything about the demo much less mention the bowl game. Live & Local my _____....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Anyone who saw Des’ press conference and was in Shreveport last year, knows that Des was referring to the wether, when he made the comment about the bored fans and being in S-port last year. Look at how Joe Cunningham the Yankee (above Mamou) tries to spin it as he was taking a shot at the city. Joe should be a shamed of himself as someone who works at KPEL 96.5 a Lafayette station.

https://kpel965.com/ul-ragin-cajuns-...03VDQhBs_Y6lVY
    Yes, I called out Tim Brando from jumping in and joining this faux outrage. This guy and Tim Brando do not like the UL program, and will occasionally jab the program.

Quote Originally Posted by 850Cajun View Post
    100% Agree, not one station in that cluster has even said anything about the demo much less mention the bowl game. Live & Local my _____....
    Within that building, the only thing I consistently tune into is CCSN LA (Classic Country Saturday Night) on 97.3, but sadly, I'm wondering if that program eventually will be taken away by Townsquare Media. I also sparingly stream/tune-in to Moon Griffon and Joe Cunningham for local/Louisiana political talk.

Absolutely NOTHING else is worth tuning in to. Prather, Walker, Stevie P. and Ian Auzenne (yes, I even enjoyed the liberal in the morning!) are ALL gone, and replaced with stuff that personally either puts me to sleep or is like listening to someone drag a rake across a chalkboard.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    How stupid are these people. Of all people, Des ain't that dude to bash a city like that. That's why we have Ragin Review!
    We all know that he was talking about it was misrably cold.
    Does someone really like really want to tell them about Shreveport? LOL!
    Hey at least they talking about us?
    They aren’t stupid at all. They make money when you click on an article. They are smart enough to take nothing comments and blow them out of proportion to make you click on the article.

Surely we all know how this game is played by now.

8. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Sooner rather than later, it will all be done in house via KRVS.

9. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    They aren’t stupid at all. They make money when you click on an article. They are smart enough to take nothing comments and blow them out of proportion to make you click on the article.

Surely we all know how this game is played by now.
    I still cringe when, they find one outlier comment (make an article, about it) and refer to the outlier as "the internet."

"the internet" lashes back.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, I called out Tim Brando from jumping in and joining this faux outrage. This guy and Tim Brando do not like the UL program, and will occasionally jab the program.
    Tim Brando is a ULM alum.

KRVS has 100k watts. It reaches well out of Acadiana esp at night.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Sooner rather than later, it will all be done in house via KRVS.
    Can hear it already. “KRVS, the flagship for your University of Louisiana at Lafayette Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns.”

Sad part is more students show up for MBB than know KRVS exists.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . no matter where you go with this you can't take the football coach, football team and football bowls out of the story . . . if that ain't sports, what is . . .
    You are correct it SHOULD have been about football. But Cunningham made it about north / south politics in La.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Brando is a Northeast grad and a “know your place “ hack.

When asked the question, CMD shouldn’t have taken it so personal. Yes, he commented on the comforts of an indoor stadium, but he missed an opportunity to stand up for us.

CMD could have defended cajun fans, who were described as “bored.” He needs to be positive. We are treated to competitive football with an opportunity to represent the SBC. Fans get the experience to cheer together in the comforts of the dome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information