Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by ron vorpe View Post
    That bowl game was cold and miserable. how is that insulting Shreveport?
    Its not, but social media folks are reacting to the video that Miguez posted and in the video he doesnt mention the cold weather even though we all know what he was talking about. Just the usual people online wanting to be "outraged" about something.

2. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Its not, but social media folks are reacting to the video that Miguez posted and in the video he doesnt mention the cold weather even though we all know what he was talking about. Just the usual people online wanting to be "outraged" about something.
    Miguez? Looking for clicks?? You don’t say…

3. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    No in that piece he didn’t talk about one pass completion, one tackle, one score…. He was simple trying to kindle flames in the old north La vs So La battles and stereotypes that has gone on forever. A football coach just happen to be the subject in this round of the battle.

The story was written for a political talk station.
    . . . It’s a piece about a football coach, a football team and two football bowls . . . take all of that out and tell us what you have left . . .

4. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Miguez question was even dumber than that, he was implying that fans are bored with bowl games in the best bowl venue in America. He didn't mention Shreveport.

Desormeaux used Shreveport to show how different one year is to the next and there is absolutly nothing one could possibly get bored over. Especially when fluke weather makes the game so different.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Miguez question was even dumber than that, he was implying that fans are bored with bowl games in the best bowl venue in America. He didn't mention Shreveport.

Desormeaux used Shreveport to show how different one year is to the next and there is absolutly nothing one could possibly get bored over. Especially when fluke weather makes the game so different.
    Well, miguez is a dumbass so none of this is surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I think Faust asked the question

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . It’s a piece about a football coach, a football team and two football bowls . . . take all of that out and tell us what you have left . . .
    Shreveport folks getting mad because they think someone actually called the city the dump that it is. And a political hack stirring that pot.

Why would a story about sports originate on political talk radio 96.5 and be written by a political talk show host who also writes for the La hay ride. The motives behind that article wasn’t about football at all. Went right over your head? I see.

8. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I think Faust asked the question
    OK thanks.

Miguez made the post with the Q.

As someone having the great misfortune to spend many a night in hotel rooms in Shreveport and West Monroe throughout my career and have listened to many hours of local talk radio, I can tell you they definitely have some kind of inferiority complex or some kind of fear of being left out syndrome up there . If you listen to those people state government only cares about the I10 and I12 corridors in the La and “the people down south act like the northern part of the state doesn’t exist.” I would imagine this story got spun in many different directions up north. Probably the last time the Cajuns play in the Indy Bowl too. lol.

Why would a story about sports originate on political talk radio 96.5 and be written by a political talk show host who also writes for the La hay ride. The motives behind that article wasn’t about football at all. Went right over your head? I see.
    The “stirring the pot” is because that’s what Townsquare Media expects. They want clicks, no matter what. The dude is trying to avoid getting “Dave Schultz’ed”.

Word is Schultz was let go because his postings weren’t driving enough clicks and comments.

Again, I don’t like what Joe did, but if he’s facing the same bull____ mandates that Schultz, Stevie P and others faced, I honestly can’t blame him. Joe Cunningham isn’t the enemy, it’s Townsquare Media.

11. Default Re: The Natchitoches Native Going After Des

Shreveport folks getting mad because they think someone actually called the city the dump that it is. And a political hack stirring that pot.

. . . no matter where you go with this you can't take the football coach, football team and football bowls out of the story . . . if that ain't sports, what is . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    The “stirring the pot” is because that’s what Townsquare Media expects. They want clicks, no matter what. The dude is trying to avoid getting “Dave Schultz’ed”.

Word is Schultz was let go because his postings weren’t driving enough clicks and comments.

Again, I don’t like what Joe did, but if he’s facing the same bull____ mandates that Schultz, Stevie P and others faced, I honestly can’t blame him. Joe Cunningham isn’t the enemy, it’s Townsquare Media.
    I disagree. There’s news out there. Go find it.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    “the people down south act like the northern part of the state doesn’t exist.” .
    Does it exist?

Shreveport is about as Louisiana as kale and quinoa gumbo. Nothing against the city or area. I visited a few times. It's just different from the southern part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I disagree. There’s news out there. Go find it.
    Unfortunately, some of what you and I would consider the news that needs to be reported won't get nearly as many clicks and comments as:

Cajuns football coach insults North Louisiana
    What is the best gumbo/boudin/boiled crawfish in Louisiana (this keeps getting reposted 17 1/2 times every year as some "new" article")
    What Louisiana city should you avoid for your wedding
    Is a Buccee's coming to Lafayette

And that's the thing. Townsquare Media is apparently firing people for "not getting enough clicks and comments". Nevermind the fact that ever since TS Media took over that building on Bertrand, whenever you do decide to click on a news article, the page acts as if it's been infected with Ebola with all the popups and random ____.

Story seems to have been removed now...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information