Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Still Waiting

1. Default Re: Still Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yes, because Levi was better than NFL starting QB Anthony Richardson and Elite 11 participant Grant Mertz.
    . . . where did I say anything close to this . . . I will help you . . . nowhere . . .

2. Default Re: Still Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . you should never comment about Deggs again with your history . . .
    You should never comment on anything, but especially when people aren't talking to you.

3. Default Re: Still Waiting

. . . where did I say anything close to this . . . I will help you . . . nowhere . . .
    Right, because you didn't just indirectly credit Levi Lewis for Napier's success... We imagined that.

4. Default Re: Still Waiting

Right, because you didn't just indirectly credit Levi Lewis for Napier's success... We imagined that.
    . . . I gave him all the credit . . . without Levi Lewis Napier would be nothing but a Louisiana coach and would be facing the same fans CMD is facing now who would be calling for his head . . .

Default Re: Still Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    We need to hire a coach that has mastered the wing T.
    Brent Indest and Tank.

It's a specific type of person that is Anti-Napier but Pro-Marlin. You must be upset with Deggs and Glasco, but love Broadhead. Am I close?
    He is very happy with Glasco. Trust me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Brent Indest and Tank.
    Just Tank will do.

. . . I gave him all the credit . . . without Levi Lewis Napier would be nothing but a Louisiana coach and would be facing the same fans CMD is facing now who would be calling for his head . . .
    Napier was good because of guys like Ron Roberts and Patrick Toney. I know you probably have no clue who they are because the announcers didn’t call their name on TV.

9. Default Re: Still Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Napier was good because of guys like Ron Roberts and Patrick Toney. I know you probably have no clue who they are because the announcers didn’t call their name on TV.
    . . . he wasn’t good, he won because of others and Levi may have been the biggest part of it . . . that’s the point . . . he probably should be here and if he were he would probably be at 6 and 6 and bowling just like CMD . . . instead he is at home at 5 and 6, watching CMD bowl and waiting to be fired next year . . .

I think Levi's success was due to him playing behind an offensive line that had 4 future NFL starters on it.

Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    By bowl standards today, he would have had 4 bowl appearances in 9 years.

The recruiting advantage this would have provided would have possibly prevented the 3-win collapse at the end.
    Now that's some insight. Never once thought about it like that.

His first season in '02 was of course following the misery of ol' Toothpick and he rolled up to fraternity row in the back of a truck on a monday night (when both rows have meetings) and was hollering at everybody to get ready for real improvements to the Program. From what we were after the '96 season to 2001, Rickey Bustle is a great HC in Cajuns Football history.

It's almost as though he didn't have a cough, cough MH, working Against his view of what we could achieve.

“Together” is the tag line for our university’s fundraising campaign, but we fail to execute this within the entire university. Academics is not working with athletics to push our university forward.

Academics excels nationally & internationally in research and the classroom, but athletics can barely compete regionally, except for the diamond sports. Our endowment grows while RCAF and athletic funding is stagnant. How can we reach our potential “together” if leadership won’t?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    I think Levi's success was due to him playing behind an offensive line that had 4 future NFL starters on it.
    This. And a good defense that allowed him to not have to take any chances.

14. Default Re: Still Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    . . . none of it had anything to do with his unbelievable ability to scramble and his innate 6th sense to detect defenders on his tail . . . Levi made Napier rich and don't ever forget it . . . Levi had way more impact on all of those one score game victories than anything Napier did as a coach . . . some are born with a four leaf clover in their pocket . . . Napier had Levi . . .

. . . none of it had anything to do with his unbelievable ability to scramble and his innate 6th sense to detect defenders on his tail . . . Levi made Napier rich and don't ever forget it . . . Levi had way more impact on all of those one score game victories than anything Napier did as a coach . . . some are born with a four leaf clover in their pocket . . . Napier had Levi . . .
    Pretty hard to argue with this. Like Brady and Belichick of the SBC.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information