Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Still Waiting

1. Default Re: Still Waiting

I figured it was inadvertent.

Default Re: Still Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . the goal posts have now been moved so far the game can’t even continue . . . we have now moved from a young coach with up and coming potential to old has beens that have been rejected by the P5 . . . it’s truly amazing what you can find here is you stay but a moment . . . it’s kind of like the weather in Louisiana . . . there are no bounds to the positions a board of complainers will take . . . and then there is B4H . . . get your shot my man . . .
    Jerry Kill was no P5 reject. He had Minnesota on the come up and had to retire due to health reasons. I would have taken him in a heartbeat. He is an excellent coach.

3. Default Re: Still Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Jerry Kill was no P5 reject. He had Minnesota on the come up and had to retire due to health reasons. I would have taken him in a heartbeat. He is an excellent coach.
    . . . well he is old and apparently not very healthy . . . there is certainly an issue with a coach who once commanded $2.5mm in salary and is working for what he is working for now . . .

. . . it’s been two years and we still waiting for a name that should have been hired for a football coach at $750,000 a year . . .
    We didn't do a search you dolt. It's not the fan's job to come up with candidates and certainly not salaries. And we certainly have no verification that the $750,000 was the tops of where we could spend and you haven't verified that anyhow. However, Bronco Mendenhall who has been a very successful coach, just got hired by New Mexico. If we couldn't go find someone like that who is making about $1 million per year when we are ranked and have one of the nation's longest winning streaks at that time then I don't know what to tell you. But you keep making up excuses for an administration that didn't even do a national search and a situation you literally know little about.

5. Default Re: Still Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    We didn't do a search you dolt. It's not the fan's job to come up with candidates and certainly not salaries. And we certainly have no verification that the $750,000 was the tops of where we could spend and you haven't verified that anyhow. However, Bronco Mendenhall who has been a very successful coach, just got hired by New Mexico. If we couldn't go find someone like that who is making about $1 million per year when we are ranked and have one of the nation's longest winning streaks at that time then I don't know what to tell you. But you keep making up excuses for an administration that didn't even do a national search and a situation you literally know little about.
    . . . NEVER ever pretend to know what I know and don’t know . . .

. . . it’s been two years and we still waiting for a name that should have been hired for a football coach at $750,000 a year . . .
    You have never showed us that we wouldn’t have paid a Rich Rodriquez Butch Jones or Jerry Kill type of experience more than 750k. Rich Rods 2nd contract at Jacksonville st was 850k + incentive. I’m sure we could have been in the ball park with some like him.

. . . well he is old and apparently not very healthy . . . there is certainly an issue with a coach who once commanded $2.5mm in salary and is working for what he is working for now . . .
    2 years at New Mexico st he got them in a bowl game for the first time in their history last year and won 10 games for the first time in the history of the program. We talking about New Mexico st in a state with absolutely no high school talent in just his 2nd year beat Auburn and won 10. Believe what you want.

Easy Bryan Brown is the answer

9. Default Re: Still Waiting

. . . so now we believe in the ULM/Bowden type of program . . . would have hated to see this board with a hire like that and a 6 and 6 initial season . . . and that is assume we would not have had even more defections in year one and no indication how such a coach would recruit in Louisiana . . .

I won't because you don't know ____

The next promotion in Mike's career after Napier left was to be a real coordinator at a fbs program. No other fbs program would have him considered him as a head coach at that stage. The most important aspect to being a head coach is the staff you can bring to a job. The hiring of the defensive coordinator was a sign that he had a limited network of coaches to draw upon. There are only 130 fbs head coaching jobs in the country, much fewer ones where the team has been in the top 25 the past 2 years. The hiring of Mike(no fault of his to accept the job) was an incredibly lazy hire by the administration.

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    The next promotion in Mike's career after Napier left was to be a real coordinator at a fbs program. No other fbs program would have him considered him as a head coach at that stage. The most important aspect to being a head coach is the staff you can bring to a job. The hiring of the defensive coordinator was a sign that he had a limited network of coaches to draw upon. There are only 130 fbs head coaching jobs in the country, much fewer ones where the team has been in the top 25 the past 2 years. The hiring of Mike(no fault of his to accept the job) was an incredibly lazy hire by the administration.
    So mikes natural next step was a coordinator and Morgan’s wasn’t? Morgan coached at ULM, UL, Houston and 2 stints at Vanderbilt…under some of the best defensive minds in the country including Jesse minter and bob shoop. Napier coached at bama twice, Clemson, ASU and CSU and all his DC’s have come from SLU…still at Florida he is using SLU DC’s.

13. Default Re: Still Waiting

. . . so didn’t Mike coach 4 years under a top 25 coach . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Bullsht, so Morgan is disqualified bc he knows Mike? That’s ridiculous, that’s actually a really ignorant viewpoint. Why did Napier hire Morgan here? Did he not know more qualified people? Or was it bc he is a damn good coach?
    Napier didn't hire Morgan as a DC because he wasn't qualified or ready to be a DC yet. HUGE difference between a good position coach and a qualified DC coach. Morgan isn't disqualified because he knows Morgan, but he was hired because Mike doesn't have many connections.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Napier didn't hire Morgan as a DC because he wasn't qualified or ready to be a DC yet. HUGE difference between a good position coach and a qualified DC coach. Morgan isn't disqualified because he knows Morgan, but he was hired because Mike doesn't have many connections.
    He had a top 40 defense last year, the lost 8 starters. We have 3 seniors on the 2 deep
    On defense.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information