Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New press box

UL Football New press box

Are there any renditions of what the new press box on the west side will look like? Seems like that will be a major project to build the infrastructure for it. I guess it will have to be built above the concession area. Hopefully it won't be a duck blind like when the baseball stadium had to have a temporary one built.

Default Re: New press box

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I guess it will have to be built above the concession area. Hopefully it won't be a duck blind like when the baseball stadium had to have a temporary one built.
    No, it shouldn't be like the old baseball pressbox. There will be offices and other facilities tied into the structure. I seriously doubt the existing structure will stay

Edit: if you're talking about the temporary pressbox for next year not sure

Are there any renditions of what the new press box on the west side will look like? Seems like that will be a major project to build the infrastructure for it. I guess it will have to be built above the concession area. Hopefully it won't be a duck blind like when the baseball stadium had to have a temporary one built.
    You mean press box on the east side? Nothing has been released yet.

4. Default Re: New press box

The press box is moving to the East side of the stadium. Along with other projects for the athletic department if I recall correctly.

It will be on the east side. A temporary press box will be used until phase 2 of the renovation on the east side takes place.

Temp pressbox is being designed by a firm from Gueydan.

7. Default Re: New press box

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Quick schedule Oregon, 5-for-1 if we have to.

8. Default Re: New press box

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Quick schedule Oregon, 5-for-1 if we have to.
    . . . no way they will play in our field . . .

LOL

Would buy into an east side lease.

Got to bring in the experts

Correction: Yes, moving to the east "student" side. I was listening to Dave Schultz and he was talking about the press box being moved and he said " I know I'll screw this up....It's moving to the WEST side". Well, he did screw it up lol and fooled me. I should know that after all the years sitting in the hot sun setting over the west side on those grueling hot day games. Anyway, would like to see some rendition's of Phase 2 if anyone has. Did not even know there was a phase 2.

I swear, every year me and my students wonder aloud "why aren't we the Ducks?" during football season.

Correction: Yes, moving to the east "student" side. I was listening to Dave Schultz and he was talking about the press box being moved and he said " I know I'll screw this up....It's moving to the WEST side". Well, he did screw it up lol and fooled me. I should know that after all the years sitting in the hot sun setting over the west side on those grueling hot day games. Anyway, would like to see some rendition's of Phase 2 if anyone has. Did not even know there was a phase 2.
    The east side is in the sun as the sun sets in the west. The west side is blocked from the sun by the stadium. So the sun will be in the face of the new press box, but not the luxury suites on the west side.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    The east side is in the sun as the sun sets in the west. The west side is blocked from the sun by the stadium. So the sun will be in the face of the new press box, but not the luxury suites on the west side.
    Have all 6 pm Saturday night games and all will be fine!

15. Default Re: New press box

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . no way they will play in our field . . .
    Not with no Duck Blind Special Press Box.

Those Oregon Ducks would be easy pickins.

Michigan stealing signals would seem 1st grade next to a "pressbox is designed by a firm from Gueydan."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information