Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MBB: Louisiana Puts 19-Game Home Winning Streak on the Line Against EKU

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Puts 19-Game Home Winning Streak on the Line Against EKU

If you have a 19 game home win streak and no one is there to see it, does it actually exist?

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Puts 19-Game Home Winning Streak on the Line Against EKU

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    and that EKU team he just beat has to be a bottom 20 D1 team...they were awful
    EKU did not shoot well last night and they turned it over too much. However, they have 7 guys returning from a team that won 23 games last year. They also lost in the finals of their conference tournament, and in the finals of a pay for play post season tournament. They have one of the leading shot blockers in the nation and are one of the leading rebounding teams in the country. They are one of the favorites to win their league this year. I think saying they are awful is a little bit of hyperbole. That being said, the Cajuns will have to play better than they did last night to win on the road. Still too much trouble finishing at rim. The way they rebounded last night is encouraging however. They will win one of those road games eventually. When that happens, they will have confidence needed to have success in those venues. I think that is an issue right now. Hopefully they will gain that road win before conference play or before they are too far into that part of the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    EKU did not shoot well last night and they turned it over too much. However, they have 7 guys returning from a team that won 23 games last year. They also lost in the finals of their conference tournament, and in the finals of a pay for play post season tournament. They have one of the leading shot blockers in the nation and are one of the leading rebounding teams in the country. They are one of the favorites to win their league this year. I think saying they are awful is a little bit of hyperbole. That being said, the Cajuns will have to play better than they did last night to win on the road. Still too much trouble finishing at rim. The way they rebounded last night is encouraging however. They will win one of those road games eventually. When that happens, they will have confidence needed to have success in those venues. I think that is an issue right now. Hopefully they will gain that road win before conference play or before they are too far into that part of the schedule.
    Mike that EKU team was awful. Look at their NET. It was 2 bad basketball teams playing last night. They didn't have a single guard that I would take over ours, and ours outside of Fulks are not good. And to celebrate getting outrebounded still is why this basketball is going nowhere this year. They cannot win on the road playing ball like this. Nothing is changing with how the roster is constructed.

Our effort on defense was very good last night. We forced them into 19 turnovers while we had 10 which allowed us to have 10 more shot attempts then they had. That was the difference in the game. They outrebounded us by 1, we hit 1 more 3 pointer. Kobe's effort on the glass was much better than previous games. We are playing our starters too many minutes--they each had over 31 minutes last night with Joe, Themus and Kentrell at 34 minutes. Not sure why Michael Thomas did not play in the second half, only played 3 minutes in the first half. Butler had a nice game, he really needs to step up for us to be successful the rest of the year. I thought Ratliff made some nice plays but only had 7 minutes of action. Hardy played with nice energy last night. We need him and Fields to contribute.

Thomas has an ankle issue that occurred in the first half.

6. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Puts 19-Game Home Winning Streak on the Line Against EKU

Are we really about to argue that EKU was anything but dreadful last night?

Is this what the Marlin era has done to people? 299/362 in the NET. So if metrics don’t matter, I don’t want to hear anyone say anything after we play McNeese because they’re NET is 41. If by some miracle Marlin doesn’t schit his pants and we beat Willy the Kid, NOBODY better say anything about their NET ranking, lest you be a gigantic hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Mike that EKU team was awful. Look at their NET. It was 2 bad basketball teams playing last night. They didn't have a single guard that I would take over ours, and ours outside of Fulks are not good. And to celebrate getting outrebounded still is why this basketball is going nowhere this year. They cannot win on the road playing ball like this. Nothing is changing with how the roster is constructed.
    Agree that rebounding is main issue and will need to improve for results to improve

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Are we really about to argue that EKU was anything but dreadful last night?

Is this what the Marlin era has done to people? 299/362 in the NET. So if metrics don’t matter, I don’t want to hear anyone say anything after we play McNeese because they’re NET is 41. If by some miracle Marlin doesn’t schit his pants and we beat Willy the Kid, NOBODY better say anything about their NET ranking, lest you be a gigantic hypocrite.
    I don’t expect to beat McNeese. They have a better roster than Cajuns at this stage. Of course it is not impossible for Cajuns to win as with a few exceptions, anyone can beat anyone on a given night. I know Tech beat McNeese but game went to wire in Ruston. Argument can be made McNeese is best team in state this season

9. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Puts 19-Game Home Winning Streak on the Line Against EKU

You keep saying that about the Brokebacks, but they did lose to LATurd

I watched the game. Could have gone either way. Tech pulled away in last minute from free throws. McNeese likely wins on neutral court.

11. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Puts 19-Game Home Winning Streak on the Line Against EKU

Mike any word on our early signee yet? Kind of a weird situation that it is not yet announced.

12. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Puts 19-Game Home Winning Streak on the Line Against EKU

I watched the game. Could have gone either way. Tech pulled away in last minute from free throws. McNeese likely wins on neutral court.
    Woulda, shoulda, coulda. They lost. The best team in the state shoulda gotten a road win on a team that’s not the next best team in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Foog View Post
    Mike any word on our early signee yet? Kind of a weird situation that it is not yet announced.
    It's foggy because there is no senior on the team. Marlin is going to have to kick his boy's son off scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You keep saying that about the Brokebacks, but they did lose to LATurd
    Did big fish not lose to laturd as well?

15. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana Puts 19-Game Home Winning Streak on the Line Against EKU

Yes but we’re not in the top 5 teams in Louisiana.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information