Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Signing Class - Football

Default 2024 Signing Class - Football

I sure hope I'm really surprised by our signing class because as it stands today we're 12th in the conference only ahead of ODU and ULM based on ON3.com website. Here's the current SBC ranking:

1 - USM
    2- Coastal
    3- TX State
    4- Marshall
    5- USA
    6- JMU
    7- APP
    8- Ark State
    9- G. Southern
    10- Troy
    11- G. State
    12- UL
    13- ODU
    14- ULM

I know we are all hoping to get things turned around next year, but we've had equal to better talent against most teams this year. That only continues with equal to better recruiting and it doesn't look that good at present. Hope there's a few rabbits we don't know about, but so far this is nothing like the classes we were able to pull in not that long ago.

Here's the link, you have to click on each team to see ranking in conference. Couldn't find SBC list on this site.
    https://www.on3.com/college/louisian.rison-commits/

Default Re: 2024 Signing Class - Football

This will be the year where Mike shows us what kind of recruiter he really is. A lot of the talent on this team was leftover from Napier. If he truly thinks he can continue the culture, it will start with a successful recruiting class.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I sure hope I'm really surprised by our signing class because as it stands today we're 12th in the conference only ahead of ODU and ULM based on ON3.com website. Here's the current SBC ranking:

1 - USM
    2- Coastal
    3- TX State
    4- Marshall
    5- USA
    6- JMU
    7- APP
    8- Ark State
    9- G. Southern
    10- Troy
    11- G. State
    12- UL
    13- ODU
    14- ULM

I know we are all hoping to get things turned around next year, but we've had equal to better talent against most teams this year. That only continues with equal to better recruiting and it doesn't look that good at present. Hope there's a few rabbits we don't know about, but so far this is nothing like the classes we were able to pull in not that long ago.

Here's the link, you have to click on each team to see ranking in conference. Couldn't find SBC list on this site.
    Washington decommitted few weeks back. There are a few JCs committed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Washington decommitted few weeks back. There are a few JCs committed.
    Will Hall is killing it at USM!

Will Hall is killing it at USM!
    He lost Gore and 9 others in the portal.

Unless it changed, Gore declared for the draft, not portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Unless it changed, Gore declared for the draft, not portal.
    Then they have 10 athletes in the portal right now. I know both Hall and Stringer well, I learned their recruiting system well while both were here. I saw the talent he had on the field this year; our staff lost that game. I'm not overly concerned about USM as I am with our program at this point.

Gore declared for the draft. No surprise, USM has used him up like a rented mule. No sense risking injury and not getting a pro deal.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This will be the year where Mike shows us what kind of recruiter he really is. A lot of the talent on this team was leftover from Napier. If he truly thinks he can continue the culture, it will start with a successful recruiting class.
    This right here. Ultimately his success or failure will come down to this

Wisham listed as a WR. He was laying lumber as a defensive back in the championship.

1 - USM
    2- Coastal
    3- TX State
    4- Marshall
    5- USA
    6- JMU
    7- APP
    8- Ark State
    9- G. Southern
    10- Troy
    11- G. State
    12- UL
    13- ODU
    14- ULM

This whole class has some very attractive offers which is how I like to judge a recruiting class.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    This whole class has some very attractive offers which is how I like to judge a recruiting class.
    Me too, just wish the list was longer. I realize we have commits that aren't listed, but prefer to see them on our page like the other schools.

13. Default Re: 2024 Signing Class - Football

The time to be concerned or happy isn’t here yet. Probably won’t be until the final count in February. We picked up 4 good projects last February to make our class very competitive with the top of the SBC.

Right now Troy is in 10th. Y’all buying that? Not me.

14. Default Re: 2024 Signing Class - Football

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    ……not sure of actually how many freshmen played this year but to have Lunch, Davis, and (help me out with some more) playing shows his guys are pretty good!

Me too, just wish the list was longer. I realize we have commits that aren't listed, but prefer to see them on our page like the other schools.
    They picked up a big commitment this past weekend on the offensive side of the football, including the DL that was committed to Texas State.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information