Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Signing Class - Football

Default Re: 2024 Signing Class - Football

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Then they have 10 athletes in the portal right now. I know both Hall and Stringer well, I learned their recruiting system well while both were here. I saw the talent he had on the field this year; our staff lost that game. I'm not overly concerned about USM as I am with our program at this point.
    I really hope we win a few more next season. I am pulling for CMD to be another Robe, but if there is no further progress before we show off the new renovation, it would be best for the program to couple the opening of the new construction with a new direction for the program.

Either way this goes with CMD, there has to be a huge feeling of taking the next step with the program when we unveil the new stadium. We HAVE TO get that right.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I really hope we win a few more next season. I am pulling for CMD to be another Robe, but if there is no further progress before we show off the new renovation, it would be best for the program to couple the opening of the new construction with a new direction for the program.

Either way this goes with CMD, there has to be a huge feeling of taking the next step with the program when we unveil the new stadium. We HAVE TO get that right.
    I'm pulling for Mike too! You comment is spot on for the program's future.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

I think that is where many of us are right now. I supported him from day one in spite of the negative backlash of his hiring because he was named the coach and what he did on the football field while playing at this program. What else was I supposed to do, cry and pitch a fit because they didn't hire a higher profile coach?

But he has to prove he can produce wins on the football field and none of us can do that for him. I need to see major improvement on the football field in performance and record. Recruiting is just a building block, results matter.

4. Default Re: 2024 Signing Class - Football

Priest Ashe is the flipped player from TxSt

https://www.on3.com/db/priest-ashe-235907/scouting/

5. Default Re: 2024 Signing Class - Football

Some feel we USL’d this hire. I believe almost everyone hopes that’s not the case. I think even those people hope that the hire bares fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Priest Ashe is the flipped player from TxSt

https://www.on3.com/db/priest-ashe-235907/scouting/
    That looks like a great pick-up in a much needed position!

I don’t think any Cajun fan has ever pulled for CMD to fail.

CMD mentioned in his press conference yesterday, and I haven’t previously herd him say it, losing 45 scholarship players and the start of portal NIL. He came into the job expecting a rebuild and said he expects the results on the field next year to reflect the process of the rebuild. He seems really excited about next season. Press conference between minutes 9-11 ish.

Looks like Zachary WR/DB Luke Wisham has picked up a late offer from Houston. He is no longer showing a commitment to the Cajuns.

Cajuns Land OLB from the Portal

He happens to be a former high school teammate of Wisham. Wisham also has a TCU offer as a safety

Where's he coming from, T?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Where's he coming from, T?
    Arizona State

Big edge rusher formerly at Arizona State. 6'5" 240 ibs.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    He happens to be a former high school teammate of Wisham. Wisham also has a TCU offer as a safety
    I saw the offer from TCU, but I wonder if they will trip him in? Dead Period begins Sunday. I have no problem with their evaluation process. He wasn't ranked very high when he committed to UL, so people can see they are doing a good job of identifying athletes early on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information