Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    No. 10,651.
    There were less empty seats for that game that we actually fill up this season.

If your program can’t sell enough tickets to pay for your coaches salary it’s time for a new coach.

It means your program is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    There were less empty seats for that game that we actually fill up this season.

If your program can’t sell enough tickets to pay for your coaches salary it’s time for a new coach.

It means your program is dead.
    Soooooo, women’s sports free admission?

Soooooo, women’s sports free admission?
    Title 9 ensures a loss leader there

No. 10,651.
    That’s pretty close, Cajundome
    Didn’t seat then what it does now, added a 1000 seats in the renovation

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    That’s pretty close, Cajundome
    Didn’t seat then what it does now, added a 1000 seats in the renovation
    Matter of opinion. Not even the highest attended game. Up there, but not it.

Marlin will go one day. And many will still be unhappy.

The dome issues will still be there. The home schedule will still suck. And the coach won’t be any of the former players.

And I’m ok with a change.

6. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

The dome issues will still be there. The home schedule will still suck. And the coach won’t be any of the former players.
    The administration creamy themselves when we got 5400 to show up for anthropomorphic chicken day last year. I can't even imagine getting 10k. Which is hard to reconcile because during the Jesse era, we would have gone home thinking we got the game day wrong when less than a 1k showed up.

UL Basketball Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Just a little difference!!!
    #GeauxCajuns

3rd game of 3 game Home Streak, 19 Home Game Winning Streak and Defending Conf Champs, and we can’t get 1,000 people in the dome!!!

I feel bad for the players not getting to experience the full effect of being a Ragin Cajun Ball player in front of an adequate amount of screaming fans.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Right now, we are averaging 1,727 through 4 home games. Even with multiple non-D1 teams in the past, we have never averaged this low of a number through 4 home games outside of the COVID year. And this is coming off of a NCAA tournament appearance.

And I’m ok with a change.
    We shall see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Just a little difference!!!
    #GeauxCajuns

3rd game of 3 game Home Streak, 19 Home Game Winning Streak and Defending Conf Champs, and we can’t get 1,000 people in the dome!!!

I feel bad for the players not getting to experience the full effect of being a Ragin Cajun Ball player in front of an adequate amount of screaming fans.
    Glad you got to experience it Brad!

I find it interesting that we are talking about integrity when you can no longer claim coincidence surrounding BM having a good team when he needs an extension.

We need to focus here. Martin Hall will not entertain firing Marlin the year after an NCAA appearance. The time to get the ball rolling in that direction is not now. Wasted energy.

All of our efforts need to go to solving the Sodexo/Cajundome/UL issue. This is a HUGE problem to attracting families to the Dome. If we can't change the contract to allow UL control over concessions for basketball games and control over use of the Dome for basketball, then our time there needs to end. This is destroying the program.

We need to start having serious discussions about rebuilding Blackham just like we are rebuilding Cajun Field. With our history in basketball, I would think that there are enough deep pockets left from the old days to seed this project. It is time we reclaim our history and our basketball program.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    All of our efforts need to go to solving the Sodexo/Cajundome/UL issue. This is a HUGE problem to attracting families to the Dome. If we can't change the contract to allow UL control over concessions for basketball games and control over use of the Dome for basketball, then our time there needs to end. This is destroying the program.

We need to start having serious discussions about rebuilding Blackham just like we are rebuilding Cajun Field. With our history in basketball, I would think that there are enough deep pockets left from the old days to seed this project. It is time we reclaim our history and our basketball program.
    While I agree that we need to create a better gameday environment, averaging barely over 1,700 coming off of a NCAA tournament appearance is not directly because of the venue. That wouldn't even look good in Blackham. The reality is that the "vibe" of the program is stale. Until we pump in some energy into it, it doesn't matter where we play.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    While I agree that we need to create a better gameday environment, averaging barely over 1,700 coming off of a NCAA tournament appearance is not directly because of the venue. That wouldn't even look good in Blackham. The reality is that the "vibe" of the program is stale. Until we pump in some energy into it, it doesn't matter where we play.
    Agree. Great ways to do that are changing leadership and opening new venues, or in this case, rebuilding one of the greatest college basketball digs in history.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Right now, we are averaging 1,727 through 4 home games. Even with multiple non-D1 teams in the past, we have never averaged this low of a number through 4 home games outside of the COVID year. And this is coming off of a NCAA tournament appearance.
    I would like to know the actual attendance that gets scanned per game. Probably averaging 800.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information