Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

1. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    3 straight losing seasons will cost a coach's job.
    . . . now do Ricky Bustle . . .

2. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Name one then
    I understand how Will Wade being the upcoming opponent generates talk of a Marlin replacement.

There is no opening, so any research for who is hot right now would be futile on my part.

I will say this, looking to Will Wade as a solution is guaranteed to fizzle and his history is guaranteed to draw extra scrutiny on everthing.

3. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I understand how Will Wade being the upcoming opponent generates talk of a Marlin replacement.

There is no opening, so any research for who is hot right now would be futile on my part.

I will say this, looking to Will Wade as a solution is guaranteed to fizzle and his history is guaranteed to draw extra scrutiny on everthing.
    . . . if Wade came, he will either succeed and move on to another P5 hire or he will fail, do something toxic and will be fired . . .

4. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . it’s been two years and we still waiting for a name that should have been hired for a football coach at $750,000 a year . . .
    Keep waiting, it is a fruitless endeavor.

You can't reverse engineer specific hiring situations

Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

It's guaranteed to propel the program.

6. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    No one is deluded enough to believe he's retiring here. It's a steroid injection.
    Probably the best description.

I understand most people hate Bob marlin but to bash him at the expense of will wade is ____ing comical. You think will wade gives two shats about mcneese? He will prop them up for one year then leave at the drop of a strong ass offer from a major program. Then mcneese will go back to averaging 200 people a game. No thanks. Not to mention the belittling of our program from Willy. Y’all would forgive all that huh? Hilarious. You want fresh meat? Fine, but you get an up and comer who hasn’t shat all over our program any chance he gets. You don’t get someone who backstabbed his way to get the mcneese job only to make it a one year rehabilitation tour. It will always be ____ will wade. Go get someone with a moral compass that knows how to play the game without being a complete fk face. Ok rant over.

Anyone remember what the attendance was like under Jesse Evans. I went to most games but don't know the numbers. Seems like we were pretty competitve at that time.

9. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I understand most people hate Bob marlin but to bash him at the expense of will wade is ____ing comical. You think will wade gives two shats about mcneese? He will prop them up for one year then leave at the drop of a strong ass offer from a major program. Then mcneese will go back to averaging 200 people a game. No thanks. Not to mention the belittling of our program from Willy. Y’all would forgive all that huh? Hilarious. You want fresh meat? Fine, but you get an up and comer who hasn’t shat all over our program any chance he gets. You don’t get someone who backstabbed his way to get the mcneese job only to make it a one year rehabilitation tour. It will always be ____ will wade. Go get someone with a moral compass that knows how to play the game without being a complete fk face. Ok rant over.
    . . . I love a fan that can think . . .

10. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    It's guaranteed to propel the program.
    At this point Brad Boyd would propel the program and last longer than Will Wade.

11. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

At this point Brad Boyd would propel the program and last longer than Will Wade.
    . . . this is a proposal which I have supported for a long time . . . this could be done with short strings, remuneration based upon production and the immediate savings would be substantial . . . and lawd knows, we would have a coach who loves Louisiana and has the tenacity to move things around . . . at this point, what do we have to lose . . .

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    During his entire tenure, Bob has won 2 regular season titles and 2 conference tournament titles [3 years total, one reg and tourney were the same year]. He is 0-2 in the NCAA Tournament and 0-1 in the NIT. Also, during his tenure here he has a losing record against teams in the Top 200 RPI or NET. Additionally, he has never won a game against a Top 100 RPI team in a Power Conference. All of these things are adequate evidence that Bob is not competitive with the top 60% of D-1 programs. That is unacceptable.
    Both basketball programs need to clean house while CF is being built. It’s a coin flip with FB needing a change in a few years, need the coaching deck cleared. Can’t do all three in the same year.

13. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    During his entire tenure, Bob has won 2 regular season titles and 2 conference tournament titles [3 years total, one reg and tourney were the same year]. He is 0-2 in the NCAA Tournament and 0-1 in the NIT. Also, during his tenure here he has a losing record against teams in the Top 200 RPI or NET. Additionally, he has never won a game against a Top 100 RPI team in a Power Conference. All of these things are adequate evidence that Bob is not competitive with the top 60% of D-1 programs. That is unacceptable.
    Mr. C, pretty sure we only have 1 regular season title.

Even then, here are the stats that matter. Below average.

14. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

. . . fire everybody . . .

15. Default Re: Will Wade is FREE #WillyTheKid

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It's more of a Wade type than actually Will Wade. No ambitious coach gives a ____ about a program they view as stepping stones. The fact that people would forgive Wade's BS says more about the state of our program than it does about the fans.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information