Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Troy Trojans Setting Records

Default Troy Trojans Setting Records

Troy sets its all time attendance record this year.

https://troytrojans.com/news/2023/12.rogram-history

Have you ever been to a game at Troy? I have been to 3. There is no general parking at least that I have found. You drive around a huge neighborhood behind the visitors side of the stadium until you find a place on the street or someone selling spots in their yard for 20 bucks. Trojan fans would kill for free parking directly across the street but they still show up.

Was there COVID in Troy? Another reason why people don’t show anymore here.

Are all of Troy’s games on ESPN+ another reason some suggest our attendance sucks.

FYI Troy is about the size of Abbeville but with a university in it. No one lives there all those fans have to drive in from places like Dothan, Montgomery and other towns.

You know what they say about excuses right? They are like excuses everybody got one.

Default Re: Troy Trojans Setting Records

Yep, went 2 years ago. Found a lot about 1/4 mile away to park with local KCs. No interest in ever going back.

Troy proves it can be done with the right leadership and marketing.

It's not just Troy, several schools in the east either sold out the stadium or had great attendance the majority of games.UL is so far down that rabbit hole with attendence, nothing less than a nuclear clearing out of those offices in athletics, MH, Alumni Ass. RCAF will dotime for a clearance sale

TXST is the only SBC school comparable to Louisiana with the likes of TSATB. They have Texas literally in their backyard…yet their attendance is up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    TXST is the only SBC school comparable to Louisiana with the likes of TSATB. They have Texas literally in their backyard…yet their attendance is up too.
    Both UT-Austin and UTSA within an hour drive. Texas A&M within two.

Yes, good comparison. And their attendance prior to this year has been putrid! Their football team couldn’t get better no matter the HFC hire. But to make matters worse their administration was horrible when it came to athletics. Maybe they’ve turned the corner. And it started with the new President. He is a huge cheerleader for athletics. Out front and very visible. And for now it’s working. New athletic performance center to break ground. I hope they can keep the momentum going.

We need our administration to be front and center promoting athletics and engaging the local populace to support our programs. Sadly I just don’t see it happening anytime soon …

Troy competes with both AU and UA. AU a little over an hour away.

I tailgate at Troy with work friends of one of my friends from da Berry. They are ex players at Troy and are big fans of both Troy and Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Yep, went 2 years ago. Found a lot about 1/4 mile away to park with local KCs. No interest in ever going back.
    You talked me out of going to the Troy series last year for softball. Nothing close to the stadium. I have never been to Troy and from the sounds of it I also haven't lost anything in Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Troy competes with both AU and UA. AU a little over an hour away.
    That’s a good point. I didn’t realize Auburn was that close.

FYI Troy population 17k and change and there ain’t nothing close.

https://www.google.com/search?q=troy.e-gws-wiz-serp

For reference Monroe has 46K, Ruston 22k, and Youngville 17k. Makes Troy’s crowds even more impressive.

13. Default Re: Troy Trojans Setting Records

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    FYI Troy population 17k and change and there ain’t nothing close.

https://www.google.com/search?q=troy.e-gws-wiz-serp

For reference Monroe has 46K, Ruston 22k, and Youngville 17k. Makes Troy’s crowds even more impressive.
    56 miles to Montgomery and 52 minutes fastest route. No major football program and lots of alumni. Would be similar to Baton Rouge without LSU. Not so isolated.

And Troy, the last 2 years had very aggressive season ticket drives.UL? Not so much.Passed through Montgomery last week, Troy had 2 large BB congratulating their SBC championship.UL? We can't seem to hoist a championship banner in our own stadium

It’s like our athletic administration is being passive aggressive by not doing marketing drives in protest of Martin Hall. We’ve all seen a difference in Dr. Maggard since he became VP of athletics and not AD. The problem is now the fans are protesting too. This is a lose lose situation until someone is assertive with athletics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information