Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Troy Trojans Setting Records

Default Re: Troy Trojans Setting Records

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    56 miles to Montgomery and 52 minutes fastest route. No major football program and lots of alumni. Would be similar to Baton Rouge without LSU. Not so isolated.
    Auburn is right there

56 miles to Montgomery and 52 minutes fastest route. No major football program and lots of alumni. Would be similar to Baton Rouge without LSU. Not so isolated.
    Troy has more fans come out of the Dothan area than Montgomery. Montgomery is big time Auburn territory.

3. Default Re: Troy Trojans Setting Records

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    And Troy, the last 2 years had very aggressive season ticket drives...UL? Not so much....
    Louisiana hasn't had a legitimate ticket drive since Stokley came up with "Hot Stuff"

4. Default Re: Troy Trojans Setting Records

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Auburn is right there
    Essentially the same as from Troy to Montgomery. Auburn fandom isn’t equal to Bama, LSU, Georgia,Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and possibly MissState. Very localized.

Essentially the same as from Troy to Montgomery. Auburn fandom isn’t equal to Bama, LSU, Georgia,Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and possibly MissState. Very localized.
    Don’t underestimate the Walmart fans. I was living in the wire grass area when Auburn won their title and they have tons of fans. But Bama is king.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Troy sets its all time attendance record this year.

You know what they say about excuses right? They are like excuses everybody got one.
    Troy season tickets start at $60
    UL season tickets start at $110

Troy single game tickets start at $15
    UL single game tickets start at $25

Before the season, Troy did a one-week "United in Cardinal" ticket drive, and marked single game tickets down to $10.

UL did minimal marketing in an effort to try and sell season tickets only, so they can get as much cash from you as possible before the team s***s the bed against someone like Old Dominion.

Which part of our GameDay experience - on or off the field - is worth 60-80% more than what Troy offers?

UL is not bringing in new fans. They've burned every bridge with the students and they're doing nothing to lure in families-of-four on a random Saturday.

The only way they can get attendance back up is to hope they can bring BACK longtime fans who got tired of their crap. These are people who, for years, didn't have to pay to park, didn't get gouged on tailgate pricing, got season tix for $60, etc.

So yes, while we may have a better parking situation than Troy, using that to milk some extra dollars out of longtime fans is what drove people away and is keeping them from coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Troy season tickets start at $60
    UL season tickets start at $110

Troy single game tickets start at $15
    UL single game tickets start at $25

Before the season, Troy did a one-week "United in Cardinal" ticket drive, and marked single game tickets down to $10.

UL did minimal marketing in an effort to try and sell season tickets only, so they can get as much cash from you as possible before the team s***s the bed against someone like Old Dominion.

Which part of our GameDay experience - on or off the field - is worth 60-80% more than what Troy offers?

UL is not bringing in new fans. They've burned every bridge with the students and they're doing nothing to lure in families-of-four on a random Saturday.

The only way they can get attendance back up is to hope they can bring BACK longtime fans who got tired of their crap. These are people who, for years, didn't have to pay to park, didn't get gouged on tailgate pricing, got season tix for $60, etc.

So yes, while we may have a better parking situation than Troy, using that to milk some extra dollars out of longtime fans is what drove people away and is keeping them from coming back.
    I have been a fan my whole life which first memories dates back to mid 70s. I have been buying the same 20x20 TG spot, that comes with 2 parking passes since the mid 90s. To this day that size spot and passes are less than a hundred dollars per game on a six home game season. I don’t find that outrageously priced or that I am being gouged in at all.

I have been a fan my whole life which first memories dates back to mid 70s. I have been buying the same 20x20 TG spot, that comes with 2 parking passes since the mid 90s. To this day that size spot and passes are less than a hundred dollars per game on a six home game season. I don’t find that outrageously priced or that I am being gouged in at all.
    You might not, but public feedback continues to show that many of the people who disappeared from Cajun Field do feel like the product is too expensive.

These are "bread used to cost a dollar!" people. Now you need them to come back to fill the stadium, and they get greeted with $25 nosebleeds and $6 hotdogs

This is all moot if you can replace them with students and young adults who have no recollection of when tickets to events were under $10

Zac Etheridge is interviewing for the job as well as Bill Clark and Alex Atkins.

Bill Clark would be a home run if they can pull him out of retirement.

10. Default Re: Troy Trojans Setting Records

. . . I think you might have bolstered his point . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information