Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 67, Tech 72

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 67, Tech 72

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    I’m older than a lot here. Life’s journeys has soften my passion over sports in general, my outdoors attendance is restricted, and I’ve taken off the my team hued glasses. That said,

I’m not surprised with today’s results. It’s this year’s offense, live and die by the 3. The only positive from today nobody quit. I wasn’t putting myself thru the even the chance of getting frustrated. Went mulch leaves. Kinda like the SEC, it (mulching) just meant more.

I gave up faith in FB with that “revenge tour” theme. Take it out on a mirror.

My fandom is ok, but not what it was. I’ve donated gear from years back to fundraisers. Had a motor home at CF long before it was a thing. Made trips following football and basketball where if we had 50 Cajun fans there, it was an accomplishment.

That said, when Marlin or any coach leaves, if UL hires another HC that no other D1 program would, I’m out.

The dome, that’s flat on the administration to fix. Coaching has zero to do with the pricing of everything there. Been a sinking ship since it opened

2. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 67, Tech 72

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’m older than a lot here. Life’s journeys has soften my passion over sports in general, my outdoors attendance is restricted, and I’ve taken off the my team hued glasses. That said,

I’m not surprised with today’s results. It’s this year’s offense, live and die by the 3. The only positive from today nobody quit. I wasn’t putting myself thru the even the chance of getting frustrated. Went mulch leaves. Kinda like the SEC, it (mulching) just meant more.

I gave up faith in FB with that “revenge tour” theme. Take it out on a mirror.

My fandom is ok, but not what it was. I’ve donated gear from years back to fundraisers. Had a motor home at CF long before it was a thing. Made trips following football and basketball where if we had 50 Cajun fans there, it was an accomplishment.

That said, when Marlin or any coach leaves, if UL hires another HC that no other D1 program would, I’m out.
    I'm a lot closer to you these days than the pizz and vinegar I once had as USL/Louisiana supporter. And I hate that it's happening. But how many times can you convince yourself to keep coming back for more punishment...

I'm a lot closer to you these days than the pizz and vinegar I once had as USL/Louisiana supporter. And I hate that it's happening. But how many times can you convince yourself to keep coming back for more punishment...
    I’m out the target market. Would guess 25-45 demographic UL is after. I get it. I understand, they need long term money. I even understand to a degree pricing out the retirees, but the lack of a replacement plan is so glaring.

You got kids/college down the road, your priorities will change. Promise, especially if your kids play top level travel sports. And the marketing plan is non existent. For example, what day is demo day/ lunch at CF?

Default Re: Louisiana Heads to Tech for In-State Showdown

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I’m not a big basketball x and o’s guy so how do you fix it? Is it a matter of just hope you’re hitting ? Is there a plan B of you’re not hitting?
    You get better personnel. And why we are relying on the 3 ball you teach and preach defense to these guys. You can rebound with fundamentals and effort.

It’s crazy that people let a bunch of 18-22 year old kids playing games dictate their lives. There’s no ROI on anything. It’s ridiculous. The only kids that dictate what I do in my life are my own. I learned to stop basing my decisions, feelings and emotions on what college kids do in a game. It’s not worth it.

Losing to Tech is turrible but not unexpected with big fish

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It’s crazy that people let a bunch of 18-22 year old kids playing games dictate their lives. There’s no ROI on anything. It’s ridiculous. The only kids that dictate what I do in my life are my own. I learned to stop basing my decisions, feelings and emotions on what college kids do in a game. It’s not worth it.
    This right here.

I’ll add that I too used to have my life revolve around sports. My wife couldn’t stand it. After the NFL decided it was cool to kneel during the National anthem, but not support the Dallas police officers who were killed, my view on sports has drastically changed. Now sports are lucky if they get a seat at the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I understand the importance of Men’s Basketball, I really do. But as long as the SBC keeps dominating in both Football and Baseball, color me happy.
    This is my feeling as well. Hell, just hire some guy for $150k and focus on football, baseball and softball at our university.

9. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 67, Tech 72

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    This right here.

I’ll add that I too used to have my life revolve around sports. My wife couldn’t stand it. After the NFL decided it was cool to kneel during the National anthem, but not support the Dallas police officers who were killed, my view on sports has drastically changed. Now sports are lucky if they get a seat at the table.
    Same here. Not sure I’m even going to watch the Saints today. Usually tape it and fast forward through the game to see anything interesting or entertaining

Didn't even realize we were playing yesterday. Only noticed when I got on Twitter and happened to see the halftime score. I should forget more often.

It’s a pretty simple order. God, spouse, family, work, other stuff.

Not saying this is the wrong outlook...but when your core fanbase reaches this point it's a bad sign. Fan is short for fanatic - "a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal." "Meh. I hope they win, but it doesn't matter much either way" is a one way ticket to the Southland.

13. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 67, Tech 72

. . . I knew I liked this guy . . . everything else posted about this guy and life supports this position . . . THANKS . . .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread Information