Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

1. Default The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Putting the finishing touches on the presentation now. Between my massive amount of graduate school work, I’ve been gathering/creating images, taking note of fans opinions and desires, and morphing Al’s personality to be exactly what the Ragin Cajun faithful need to be more engaged with our university.

In a few days, I’ll present to the fans half a year’s of my work toward the perfect mascot for the University of Louisiana. Here’s a sneak peak image.

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

. . . if Louisiana does not adopt this mascot, there is no bottom to where we could land . . .

Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Very nice. I can tell you put a lot of work into this. If I could suggest something, make the "L" much larger and the Ragin Cajuns a little smaller. The "L" is kind of lost under the gators arm and should be more prominent if we are moving to using and "L" instead of UL (which I like) and a gator mascot.

The mascot is great, and your hard work is certainly appreciated. That said, I do not think the University will accept it because of the ''albino" part. As stupid as it sounds, there are people inside and outside of the university that will try to make something out of this that you clearly do not mean. I hope I am wrong, but I think this might cause a lot of controversy. If I understand correctly, you are a person of color, so I know you have no racist intent; but times are such that certain people would like to grab any little tidbit and make something out of it. I hope I am wrong. I have 7 grandchildren and I have been trying to get them interested in UL sports, so I think a great mascot would help.

Regardless, good luck.

Conceptually, this version looks pretty darn close to perfect. a few tweaks can be made, like the eyes on the pants, but the biggest debate is the wording across the sweater, Louisiana vs Cajuns vs something else, maybe a word on the front, and something different on the back vs just the letter "L", etc.

That said, all of the other wording stuff is just for print/logo versions, the actual live mascot wont have all the other wording stuff surrounding it.

If the mascot name is the only issue from the university, everyone should be accustomed to name changes, see what I did, so just change the name and adopt this ASAP.

6. Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

. . . Louisiana across the chest . . . Ragin Cajuns on the back name plate . . . Cap with the L on it . . . get the darn mascot suit made for the bowl game in the Dome . . .

Love it. Great design, very distinctive.

Love it. Collegiate feeling, Cajun Man pants. I liked the Cajundome hat on the first iteration.

9. Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Love it. Collegiate feeling, Cajun Man pants. I liked the Cajundome hat on the first iteration.
    . . . Cajundome hat with the L on it . . .

I’ve been trying to get the university using an L for a long time and so many are against it

I don’t see a problem with it even though I think albineaux the gator is perfect I think you will have to give it another name. Name it Pierre or or Claude something French, I just don’t think it will be accepted.

Also I don’t know if you could I was trying to put this symbol at the bottom of gator hand where you have the L replace with this symbol if you want to?

Name:  IMG_6189.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  86.8 KB

Just name him “Alphonse” and we can still call him “Al”

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    Putting the finishing touches on the presentation now. Between my massive amount of graduate school work, I’ve been gathering/creating images, taking note of fans opinions and desires, and morphing Al’s personality to be exactly what the Ragin Cajun faithful need to be more engaged with our university.

In a few days, I’ll present to the fans half a year’s of my work toward the perfect mascot for the University of Louisiana. Here’s a sneak peak image.
    I did my little thing with it.

Name:  Al_Standing2 (1).png
Views: 238
Size:  725.4 KB

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post

OH. HELL. YEAH!!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatJaxState

Nice redo. Much more updated than the previous one. No longer looks like it's from the 1950s.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information