Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

This looks really nice and well done. Thank you for your efforts on this CC . You are very talented

I’m with others on the name. While it makes a lot of sense , in today’s world it might be misconstrued into something offensive. I’d keep the Al part and maybe tweak the rest of the name to improve its chances of acceptance.

Otherwise it’s perfect.

Edit: That sure is a cool looking animal

Name:  alligatoralbinos.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  385.8 KB

2. Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Offensive?

A good explanation for the condition

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albinism_in_humans

Seriously someone needs to pay for the outfit and wear it to UL events!!

Do a test run to see how many kids and adults come up to shake your hand or take pics!!

I found one you can buy the head online!! Put on a UL shirt and do it!!

Name:  IMG_6417.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  103.6 KB

Get you some Delcambre Reebox and you be set that’s White Boots for those who do not know

Name:  IMG_6422.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  34.5 KB

I did some quick editing it was originally green but try to keep the same texture to see how a white albino alligator mascot would look in real life !! I say let’s do it

Name:  IMG_6426.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  59.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Offensive?

A good explanation for the condition

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albinism_in_humans
    People are soft and _______ these days

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    People are soft and _______ these days
    I don’t think it’s about being soft!

It’s political correctness ! I am not going to get into a political discussion. We all know specially a University has to be respectful to everyone. Unless you want the media and everyone else to leave open to criticize the idea of albineaux the alligator !

Everyone in the public sector has to be conscious of everyone else’s feeling .

Same with a job in a social setting etc.

7. Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

. . . screw (that’s not the word I want to use) feelings . . . it’s an alligator . . . it will eat your lunch no matter your color, tint, race, gender or feelings . . .

8. Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I did some quick editing it was originally green but try to keep the same texture to see how a white albino alligator mascot would look in real life !! I say let’s do it

Name:  IMG_6426.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  59.7 KB
    On a spirit leader, all you really need is the head.

Ditch the tail keep the spirit leader super mobile.

9. Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . screw (that’s not the word I want to use) feelings . . . it’s an alligator . . . it will eat your lunch no matter your color, tint, race, gender or feelings . . .
    Only Ragin Cajuns can control the power of The Gator.

10. Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Alright. So there's a section in the Phase 2 presentation about this very thing. From the start, I have always said I am open to a name change, but it would just have to come from the fans or the university. But I'll give y'all a sneak peak of what I wrote.

Albineaux is an albino alligator- not a white gater, but specifically an albino alligator. Whatever his name can be, albinism is intrinsic to the character. Al having albinism is important because it ties his origin on a similar path with the origin of the Cajun people.

Albino animals in the wild have a low survival rate. Obliviously the white makes them easily spotted, making it hard to hunt, and even harder to hide. These objectively beautiful creatures have something they can not change about themselves that puts them in danger in their natural born habitats. However, once you take them out of that environment and put them in a safe place, they thrive--so much so that people from across the world come to marvel at how special they are.

Albineaux came to live in Cypress Lake the same way the Cajun people came to Acadiana. Under threat from the British, Cajuns had to migrate across two countries just to settle on land that was barely desirable at the time. But look at them now, world renowned and the envy of cultures across the planet.

We can say, "The Ragin Cajuns embraced Albineaux because Cajuns know the plight of Albineaux."

If you're wondering how appropriate is the name Albineaux, well he's actually more PC than you think. The word "albino" is an acceptable word in the Albinism community; what's important is how it's used. People with Albinisim hate when people call them "an albino." Which is understandable to me because I am a very proud Black man, but I would take issue to someone calling me "a black." Using descriptors like nouns can be very dehumanizing (making it offensive), but used like an adjective can be empowering. Albineaux is proud to be albino. His name is a great example of how to refer to people with Albinism in short hand. You can call him albino, because that's what he is and that's his name sort of, but never call him AN albino.

I hope all that clears up some things.

11. Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Seriously someone needs to pay for the outfit and wear it to UL events!!

Do a test run to see how many kids and adults come up to shake your hand or take pics!!

I found one you can buy the head online!! Put on a UL shirt and do it!!

Name:  IMG_6417.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  103.6 KB

Get you some Delcambre Reebox and you be set that’s White Boots for those who do not know

Name:  IMG_6422.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  34.5 KB
    I also think this is so funny ahahah. I would love to see this at the tailgates.

Quote Originally Posted by CouillonCinema View Post
    I also think this is so funny ahahah. I would love to see this at the tailgates.
    Me and the wife had a business well we got a dog outfit for one of the Christmas parades just to promote the business you wouldn’t believe how many kids and adults just wanted to take pics with it. Anyone can do it just have to throw yourself in the fire and do it. Not like the university can stop you .

If successful it would put the pressure for them to do something. I am sure that’s what the Cajun chicken did he got himself a chicken outfit and started to go to UL (USL) events and they said hey come on the sidelines for games.

Gotta be like Batman or the Mandalorian , can never take your gator head off.

Can we just get a green gator, like in Cypress Lake, and put a red Louisiana jersey on them?

14. Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Can we just get a green gator, like in Cypress Lake, and put a red Louisiana jersey on them?
    . . . I think they black . . . one of our school colors . . . but albino is the ticket . . . leave the feelings home . . .

15. Default Re: The Campaign for Albineaux continues…

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Nope

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information