Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anybody watching the Marshall Meltdown....

Default Re: Anybody watching the Marshall Meltdown....

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Fan boards, all of them, are 99% (minimum) bad info, random _____ing, and poor analysis. They are also generally bastions of unbridled free speech. If that’s not you cup of tea, best to stay away. There is practically no information exchanged that is necessary for a parent to know. It’s, quite literally, all for entertainment purposes only. Some are not entertained by that, or are even offended. Best to avoid if that’s you.

Just like you may (?) drive by strip clubs and honky tonks (I love that term) you can drive by message boards.
    I cannot pass by the previous two mentioned. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Fair

"If you’re easily offended after espousing greatness of a player and hurtful rebutting comes your way, stick to “the official site” on Facebook. It’s today’s safe space in college athletics media. "

"Some are not entertained by that, or are even offended. Best to avoid if that’s you."

why tell fans to dont come around the most visible and well know source of online Ragin Cajun fan community? do yall promote the facebook page as a more popular place of fan engagement than here? free speech is a double edge sword when you want something in return.

again, most are silent about their feelings and do quietly go away. I wont continue to post on this subject anymore, im not sure if my point is being heard anyway. its was just words of wisdom from one person who is considering a larger group of fans feelings. In the end it dont really matter.

p.s. while we spent time discussing this site, the OP was about marshall and someone brought up message boards from other schools also. just wanted to say this was both a general and specific conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I'm suddenly having LTURd flashbacks.
    This one just doesn't get old: McClelland on 'Lafayette,' and CUSA v the 'Belt

I asked a USM fan if he thought the Rice folks knew about the quote. He said they should, the USM fan have also posted it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    "If you’re easily offended after espousing greatness of a player and hurtful rebutting comes your way, stick to “the official site” on Facebook. It’s today’s safe space in college athletics media. "

"Some are not entertained by that, or are even offended. Best to avoid if that’s you."

why tell fans to dont come around the most visible and well know source of online Ragin Cajun fan community? do yall promote the facebook page as a more popular place of fan engagement than here? free speech is a double edge sword when you want something in return.

again, most are silent about their feelings and do quietly go away. I wont continue to post on this subject anymore, im not sure if my point is being heard anyway. its was just words of wisdom from one person who is considering a larger group of fans feelings. In the end it dont really matter.

p.s. while we spent time discussing this site, the OP was about marshall and someone brought up message boards from other schools also. just wanted to say this was both a general and specific conversation.
    Just about every thread these days gets derailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    In the strip club world you get ____ed but not laid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information