Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anybody watching the Marshall Meltdown....

Default Anybody watching the Marshall Meltdown....

https://clutchpoints.com/marshall-fo...-fans-hate-him

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-982816.html

HC fires 4 assistants.

QB enters portal.

HC rumored to be soon let go.

It's a soap opera in Huntington.

Default Re: Anybody watching the Marshall Meltdown....

Smart parents stay off message boards other than university controlled social media. And then, there is still a risk of being offended.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    https://clutchpoints.com/marshall-fo...-fans-hate-him

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-982816.html

HC fires 4 assistants.

QB enters portal.

HC rumored to be soon let go.

It's a soap opera in Huntington.
    You mean the one that tells a reporter his program pays no NIL and the fans are disgraceful?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You mean the one that tells a reporter his program pays no NIL and the fans are disgraceful?
    Yeah, that was pretty dumb.

The four assistants fired came from above last week. Seems a make changes or else edict came from the AD.

Herdfans is getting interesting. Looks like their discontent is falling all the way up to the AD.
    https://www.herdfans.com/12thman/ind...topic=117362.0

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty dumb.

The four assistants fired came from above last week. Seems a make changes or else edict came from the AD.

Herdfans is getting interesting. Looks like their discontent is falling all the way up to the AD.
    https://www.herdfans.com/12thman/ind...topic=117362.0
    It sounds like he should be included in that edict! Why would you purposely give your competitors everything they need to take recruits away and blow up your own recruiting class? Then call your own fans despicable, what exactly are you going to recruit to now?

I'm suddenly having LTURd flashbacks.

7. Default Re: Anybody watching the Marshall Meltdown....

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Smart parents stay off message boards other than university controlled social media. And then, there is still a risk of being offended.
    . . . don’t fool yourself . . . there are NO smart parents, players or coaches . . . so govern your conduct accordingly . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I'm suddenly having LTURd flashbacks.
    Been saying that. Marsha is the SBC’s new El Aye Tech. Honorable mention, JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . don’t fool yourself . . . there are NO smart parents, players or coaches . . . so govern your conduct accordingly . . .
    Message boards are a place for connection, when a new person joins the program fan-hood and want to learn more, be more connected, message boards provide that. some posters here dont believe "consistent" negative posting has an effect on people that want to connect and cant get to all the inner circle events. Positivity and Negativity has its own momentum. It is reckless for fans to think what they say has no impact. most times you never see it. whats that old phase, "its the quite ones you have to worry about".

10. Default Re: Anybody watching the Marshall Meltdown....

. . . had a discussion once with a Louisiana Player of the Year and she said the first thing they did after a game and especially once they got on the bus for a road game was to pull up RP to see what the fans were posting about them . . . so . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    Message boards are a place for connection, when a new person joins the program fan-hood and want to learn more, be more connected, message boards provide that. some posters here dont believe "consistent" negative posting has an effect on people that want to connect and cant get to all the inner circle events. Positivity and Negativity has its own momentum. It is reckless for fans to think what they say has no impact. most times you never see it. whats that old phase, "its the quite ones you have to worry about".
    LoL! You're right. It's all our fault here on RaginPagin. Investigation complete. We have our culprit. FINALLY! Poor Martin Hall was trying so hard and here we are undoing all their hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    LoL! You're right. It's all our fault here on RaginPagin. Investigation complete. We have our culprit. FINALLY! Poor Martin Hall was trying so hard and here we are undoing all their hard work.
    I never said "All anyones fault", but I guess your story has to be true, i take it all back, the constant negative post has never ever affected anyone ever. I must have made the whole thing up. Thanks for bringing up martin hall, i totally forgot to mention them in my post, good catch. On top of that ragin pagin is completely different than any other message board in the country, including Marshall's. Carry on as normal.

I never said "All anyones fault", but I guess your story has to be true, i take it all back, the constant negative post has never ever affected anyone ever. I must have made the whole thing up. Thanks for bringing up martin hall, i totally forgot to mention them in my post, good catch. On top of that ragin pagin is completely different than any other message board in the country, including Marshall's. Carry on as normal.
    I'm sorry message board posts affect you that much.

Kids grow up nowadays in a bubble where the only negatives they hear is the opposing parents and the occasional overbearing parent unloading on their own kid.

College, players still have “cheerleaders” but the pond is now smaller and higher expectations come from all corners, not just coaches, parents and friends.

Message boards vary, but all can be brutal. Texas State, for example, no language filter. And probably one of the more brutal towards administrators. TSAB Tiggerploings turn on any player if they don’t perform. I don’t do paywalls, the secret handshake stuff gets out eventually, but, as our friends in Ruston and their Rivals site showed, a b hurt coach will even seek to humiliate critics. What a great way to build support Tech!

If you’re easily offended after espousing greatness of a player and hurtful rebutting comes your way, stick to “the official site” on Facebook. It’s today’s safe space in college athletics media.

Fan boards, all of them, are 99% (minimum) bad info, random _____ing, and poor analysis. They are also generally bastions of unbridled free speech. If that’s not you cup of tea, best to stay away. There is practically no information exchanged that is necessary for a parent to know. It’s, quite literally, all for entertainment purposes only. Some are not entertained by that, or are even offended. Best to avoid if that’s you.

Just like you may (?) drive by strip clubs and honky tonks (I love that term) you can drive by message boards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information