Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where were you?

1. Default Re: Where were you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I was roughly 10 rows above here
    We were a little up and a little to the left but close

Default Re: Where were you?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tyme View Post
    Correction. His best call. Very cool to see it in person then relive it the next day or so with the video and Jay's call.
    In my mind his best call was the 2000 super regional call to go to Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    I remember being at the other end zone on my dad's shoulders. As soon as Baer made the kick he started jumping up and down, and we were both freaking out. It will forever be my favorite memory as a Ragin' Cajuns fan.
    Awesome.

I was in the end zone seats right behind the goal post the ball went through. And to think, I thought those were crummy seats when I bought them.

5. Default Re: Where were you?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    In my mind his best call was the 2000 super regional call to go to Omaha
    Yeah. Hard to disagree with that one.

What a great memory and maybe my favorite Cajuns moment of all time. We sat on the Cajuns sideline like almost everyone else but on the non-Baer fg side around the 35/40

With my Dad and best friend on about the 10 yard line of the other end zone from where Baer made the kick.

8. Default Re: Where were you?

. . . at the duck camp with my two then young boys . . . watching on my camp 65" rear prokection box TV . . . many good memories there some of which included Cajun's football games . . . when they played, they were on the TV at the camp . . .

That year, I produced a high school football postgame show with Butch Bellah. The company he worked for at the time invited my then-girlfriend (now wife) and I into their suite for the game. We were in that end zone and completely lost it when the kick sailed through. One of my most cherished Cajuns football memories.

10. Default Re: Where were you?

In the end zone just right of the goal posts where the kick sailed right through. Loud doesn’t begin to describe the noise.

11. Default Re: Where were you?

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    In the end zone just right of the goal posts where the kick sailed right through. Loud doesn’t begin to describe the noise.
    That crowd eruption sent a jolt of energy through my group of buddies like nothing I've ever experienced being a sports fan. The Saints beating the Vikings made me emotional, but I wasn't in the Dome for that. As for as an in-person sporting event, nothing has topped that moment (and subsequent after party.)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That crowd eruption sent a jolt of energy through my group of buddies like nothing I've ever experienced being a sports fan. The Saints beating the Vikings made me emotional, but I wasn't in the Dome for that. As for as an in-person sporting event, nothing has topped that moment (and subsequent after party.)
    I was in what I consider the best seats in the entire Superdome. Very front row of the mezzanine level right on the 50. The thing about that is we were on the San Diego St side. A friend of my dad had gotten those through connections with somebody on the New Orleans bowl board and I was hesitant to use them because I wanted to sit with other Cajun fans. I picked up my tickets I bought from will call and realized they were in the end zone (ironically right behind the uprights and would have been great for the final kick) and I was like yeah lets go use the seats on the 50. Turned out to be a few other Cajun fans around and we had a good time.

What I will never forget is there were these local guys that were sitting directly behind us just there hanging out, not a fan of either team. One ran his mouth about various things the whole game and the other was quiet. The loudmouth leaned in and asked me a few questions about the team from time to time. At one point after a bad snap he hit me on the shoulder and said "you guys have the worst center and the worst kicker I have ever seen" (remember Brett missed an extra point on the first touchdown). I turned around and told him, "actually that kicker is an honorable mention All-American". He just gave me a "psst yeah right" shaking his head. About 30 seconds after "the kick" went thorough and I finally stopped screaming "Yes Yes" at the top of my lungs, I turned around and pointed right at the guy and shouted "HONORABLE MENTION ALL-AMERICAN".
    As they were getting ready to walk out the quiet guy tapped me on the shoulder and said "That is the most exciting finish to a football game I have ever seen in my life, and I was here for the NFC Champonship". Hearing that from a total stranger that wasn't even connected to the school always stuck with me.

13. Default Re: Where were you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I was in what I consider the best seats in the entire Superdome. Very front row of the mezzanine level right on the 50. The thing about that is we were on the San Diego St side. A friend of my dad had gotten those through connections with somebody on the New Orleans bowl board and I was hesitant to use them because I wanted to sit with other Cajun fans. I picked up my tickets I bought from will call and realized they were in the end zone (ironically right behind the uprights and would have been great for the final kick) and I was like yeah lets go use the seats on the 50. Turned out to be a few other Cajun fans around and we had a good time.

What I will never forget is there were these local guys that were sitting directly behind us just there hanging out, not a fan of either team. One ran his mouth about various things the whole game and the other was quiet. The loudmouth leaned in and asked me a few questions about the team from time to time. At one point after a bad snap he hit me on the shoulder and said "you guys have the worst center and the worst kicker I have ever seen" (remember Brett missed an extra point on the first touchdown). I turned around and told him, "actually that kicker is an honorable mention All-American". He just gave me a "psst yeah right" shaking his head. About 30 seconds after "the kick" went thorough and I finally stopped screaming "Yes Yes" at the top of my lungs, I turned around and pointed right at the guy and shouted "HONORABLE MENTION ALL-AMERICAN".
    As they were getting ready to walk out the quiet guy tapped me on the shoulder and said "That is the most exciting finish to a football game I have ever seen in my life, and I was here for the NFC Champonship". Hearing that from a total stranger that wasn't even connected to the school always stuck with me.
    Awesome story. Shared experiences are what make a fanbase maintain and grow. It's also what sustains them during low periods. Thank goodness we have some, but far too few. That night changed our program and our fanbase for years to come.

I was kneeling with my 3 year old (now 15 year old), in my arms with my back to the goal posts, we were in the upper deck just behind the left post. I was praying, and then everything went deafening.

Cartagena, Colombia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information