Thread: SBC Mediocrity

Default SBC Mediocrity

Some have contended that, sure, the SBC put 12 of 14 teams in Bowls, but that's only because we have so many mediocre 6-6 teams. The suspicion of others here is that the mediocre records are deceptive, because the conference is nationally competitive, and the records only reflect a parity in the 'Belt.

Curious, I pulled numbers. Please feel free to correct or add omissions:

vs AAC: 5-4
    L Tx State UTSA
    L Memphis Ar State
    L Tulane USM
    W Marshall ECU
    W GA South UAB
    W ECU App
    W Ga State Charlotte
    W UL UAB
    L USA Tulane

vs CUSA: 2-1
    L ODU Liberty
    W JSU CCU
    W Troy WKU

vs 1A Independents: 5-1
    W Uconn Ga State
    L CCU Army
    W Army ULM
    W Ar State UMass
    W Troy Army
    W Uconn JMU

vs MAC: 2-1
    W GA South Ball
    L CMU USA
    W Buff UL

vs MWC: 2-1
    L App Wyoming
    W Nevada Tx State
    W JMU USU

We are 17-8 against the G5.

It will be interesting to see if the bowls justify these numbers.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: SBC Mediocrity

Let's watch it happen!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatJaxState

3. Default Re: SBC Mediocrity

. . . this ain’t your daddy’s Sunbelt Conference that Sunbelt Billy coached in and CMD did not have Levi Lewis the last two years . . .

Default Re: SBC Mediocrity

I’m afraid the Belt let down will be in NOLA. I have watched JVille St a few times this year I think they are a tad bit better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I’m afraid the Belt let down will be in NOLA. I have watched JVille St a few times this year I think they are a tad bit better than us.
    Yeah, if our heads aren’t in it,Rich Rod will give CMD and the Cajuns a beat down.

We will play our best game of the year!

7. Default Re: SBC Mediocrity

. . . every team whose "head is not in it" will stand a large probability of losing during this upcoming bowl season . . .

8. Default Re: SBC Mediocrity

. . . and I'm afraid that if this happens to occur, you will be here again posting that had our players slept in a dorm during camp, this would not have happenned . . .

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    We will play our best game of the year!
    I hope so. Will Gant and any others that enter the portal still play?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I hope so. Will Gant and any others that enter the portal still play?
    I would expect even if they wanted to, CMD would have them pack their bags.

But then, that's why you play the game. For my part, I am optimistic. Our last two games the team played with great intensity; we will see if those were random events, or if they signify a shift, and a trend. In addition, we are comfortable in the 'Dome, and we have played in the post-season every year for 6 years; everyone on this team has a lot of bowl experience.

On the other side, this is J'ville's first season in 1A, their first bowl appearance, their first appearance in the 'Dome, and their first post-season appearance since the 2020 1AA playoffs, where they won their first game at home, then lost the second on the road. There are a lot of factors at play here.

I like it.

12. Default Re: SBC Mediocrity

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    But then, that's why you play the game. For my part, I am optimistic. Our last two games the team played with great intensity; we will see if those were random events, or if they signify a shift, and a trend. In addition, we are comfortable in the 'Dome, and we have played in the post-season every year for 6 years; everyone on this team has a lot of bowl experience.

On the other side, this is J'ville's first season in 1A, their first bowl appearance, their first appearance in the 'Dome, and their first post-season appearance since the 2020 1AA playoffs, where they won their first game at home, then lost the second on the road. There are a lot of factors at play here.

I like it.
    Team history doesn’t matter. Coaching history does. Coach Rod has extensive experience and especially New Orleans. The Alabama team will be comfortable in this situation.

Thread Information