Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: NIL, professional sports and Brown

Default Re: NIL, professional sports and Brown

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    My immediate reaction was similar, but then.it actually makes me feel bad that young adults are being taken advantage of in the current system by morally unscrupulous people.

Hopefully cautionary tales are heeded as this ____ty era of college athletics continues on.
    The guy is 24 and has been with 4 programs. I'm sure everybody wants to have their hand in that cookie jar but I'm not going to pass this along with no fault to JB. He has not wanted to stick anywhere he went.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Lots to read between the lines in this article. Penny kinda threw JB under the bus.

https://bluffcitymedia.co/memphis-ce.illness/?amp=1
    How did he do that? He said they needed to get him the ball more.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . do you know that, or just thought you would throw it out there to see if it sticks . . . many auto dealers provide transportation in the form of NIL . . .
    What's your source as to exactly how much money he got paid? Or you just throwing it out there to see if it sticks? I guess it's hard to be wrong when you say "it's enough to retire" and "more than zero". You using that Price is Right method?

4. Default Re: NIL, professional sports and Brown

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    What's your source as to exactly how much money he got paid? Or you just throwing it out there to see if it sticks? I guess it's hard to be wrong when you say "it's enough to retire" and "more than zero". You using that Price is Right method?
    . . . using the same method you are using . . . if he did not get any money, he will have to continue to work . . . none of this should bother you as he is no longer associated with your university . . . or, maybe with all of the negativity you have spewed here, it’s not your university . . . let us know . . .

5. Default Re: NIL, professional sports and Brown

From a pretty reliable source, I know what the number promised to JB was, whether or not he ever saw all or any of that money was another question.

From what I heard, and I do trust where this information is coming from it was north of 350K in promised money.

. . . using the same method you are using . . . if he did not get any money, he will have to continue to work . . . none of this should bother you as he is no longer associated with your university . . . or, maybe with all of the negativity you have spewed here, it’s not your university . . . let us know . . .
    I never made a comment one way or the other concerning whatever amount he got paid or what he could potentially do with said money. So explain how exactly I'm using your method. Go ahead and break down the post where I said it. I know. I know. When your sole purpose here is to troll, it probably gets a little confusing sometimes when you have to deal in reality. I'm here for you buddy. LoL

7. Default Re: NIL, professional sports and Brown

I never made a comment one way or the other concerning whatever amount he got paid or what he could potentially do with said money. So explain how exactly I'm using your method. Go ahead and break down the post where I said it. I know. I know. When your sole purpose here is to troll, it probably gets a little confusing sometimes when you have to deal in reality. I'm here for you buddy. LoL
    . . . $350,000 was posted here about the tie of the transfer . . . Now north of $350,000 showed up right before your idiotic post . . . I gave the numbers on what $200,000 would be worth at retirement age with conservative investment . . . in true RP form posters like you and others acted like that was gospel and continued with your suck type posts . . . so the real question is who are the trolls (trawls) . . . those with a positive take or those who repeatedly show up here to preach the suck of the university they claim to support . . . you make the call . . .

200,000 invested at just 5% compounded would give you almost $1,500,000 in 40 years.
    Hate to get off subject but if you're going to have an investment over that amount of time, an S&P mutual fund would pay more using past history as a guide.

9. Default Re: NIL, professional sports and Brown

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Hate to get off subject but if you're going to have an investment over that amount of time, an S&P mutual fund would pay more using past history as a guide.
    . . . pretty sure that is an investment . . . I just made a general observation that if the money was invested conservatively for 40 years at the end there would be a pile of money to use upon retirement . . . a retirement nest egg . . . my observation gave the benefit of the doubt . . .

. . . $350,000 was posted here about the tie of the transfer . . . Now north of $350,000 showed up right before your idiotic post . . . I gave the numbers on what $200,000 would be worth at retirement age with conservative investment . . . in true RP form posters like you and others acted like that was gospel and continued with your suck type posts . . . so the real question is who are the trolls (trawls) . . . those with a positive take or those who repeatedly show up here to preach the suck of the university they claim to support . . . you make the call . . .
    "in true RP form posters like you and others acted like that was gospel and continued with your suck type posts . "

Show me where I claimed any number as "gospel". You were here posting about numbers, real or imagined, yet was asking others to verify their claims with sources.

11. Default Re: NIL, professional sports and Brown

"in true RP form posters like you and others acted like that was gospel and continued with your suck type posts . "

Show me where I claimed any number as "gospel". You were here posting about numbers, real or imagined, yet was asking others to verify their claims with sources.
    . . . it’s time for you to move on . . . you have been fishing for days now with only a weight . . . you will never catch without a hook and you have none . . .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information