Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When you sell out your football stadium...

Default Re: When you sell out your football stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Apps just different. They get it.
    Yep, they do. We used to do what App is doing. Blackham used to rock. We used to fly a 727 full of fans to away games. Then we got an administration that got scared. Well, scared money don't make money. And App is balling right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Yep, they do. We used to do what App is doing. Blackham used to rock. We used to fly a 727 full of fans to away games. Then we got an administration that got scared. Well, scared money don't make money. And App is balling right now.
    It starts with the push and support from the Univ. Admin and mainly the Pres. App has it, we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    And we (Acadiana) don't. I don't know why and probably never will and it probably doesn't matter.

We could go undefeated.
    We could offer FREE tickets.
    We could offer FREE PARIKING INSIDE THE FENCES.
    And yet they won't come.

"Fans" that look for a reason not to come.
    The Why Try movement is catching on.

I quit buying season tix for basketball years ago. And I won't buy them again until Marlin is gone. Yall can dog cuss me, scream, cry and stomp your feet all you want. This program is capable of so much more, yet they keep extending Dr Milquetoast time after time. Yall are more than welcome to keep pouring your time, money and energy into that house of mediocrity. My train left that station a long time ago.

Watch when we play Jax State. There will be a ton of kids wearing shirts that say COCKY. And they will live up to the slogan. We might get beat by upstarts who have the correct attitude. I remember when that was us.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I quit buying season tix for basketball years ago. And I won't buy them again until Marlin is gone. Yall can dog cuss me, scream, cry and stomp your feet all you want. This program is capable of so much more, yet they keep extending Dr Milquetoast time after time. Yall are more than welcome to keep pouring your time, money and energy into that house of mediocrity. My train left that station a long time ago.
    No one has any right to tell someone else how to spend their time or money. That goes for those who choose to attend our games and those who choose not to. Everyone's reason is valid. Having said that, you missed some pretty exciting games last season. Can this season's team cease from being a live and die by the three team is a question I can't answer yet. Teams like that struggle on the road for awhile. They win games they maybe should not and vice versa. Everyone in the program knows that is where they are right now and realize they have to improve in other areas for success to come. I do wonder if two consecutive championship seasons change the mind of people with your view. It would be nice to find out. I also wonder if the move away from TicketMaster which should be in place by next season helps with walk up attendance. I think it is a big factor in folks showing up when they can watch every game via ESPN plus.

7. Default Re: When you sell out your football stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    How many times you gonna say this again, and again. We get it, you’re not buying what they’re selling.

8. Default Re: When you sell out your football stadium...

I'm just a washed up basketball coach but typically these are done as a 2 for 1 in lieu of paying big money. I've negotiated plenty of games. I've seen this offered. P5 school pays X amount for year 1 returns in year 2 and gets you back year 3 at a discount. In essence they buy you twice. South Al has done this with Auburn and Bama. Has nothing to do with what you can sell, these teams draw a crowd for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    How many times you gonna say this again, and again. We get it, you’re not buying what they’re selling.
    I can post it again if you like. You're welcome to keep scrolling homie.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The backstory basically confirms everything the “in the know” people say about scheduling. Bruce Pearl is willing to play mid-major road games… and that’s about it.

So should we call up Bruce Pearl and ask to schedule a home/home or 2-1? Sure. But after he just got his butt kicked at App State, I’m guessing he’ll be less enthusiastic about doing these deals. Nothing to gain, everything to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    The backstory basically confirms everything the “in the know” people say about scheduling. Bruce Pearl is willing to play mid-major road games… and that’s about it.

So should we call up Bruce Pearl and ask to schedule a home/home or 2-1? Sure. But after he just got his butt kicked at App State, I’m guessing he’ll be less enthusiastic about doing these deals. Nothing to gain, everything to lose.
    We don’t even entertain 2 for 1s anymore. Maggard has said this publicly multiple times.

12. Default Re: When you sell out your football stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Commitment to excellence from the top down. Not scared of their own shadow. Bold and unapologetic. Total understanding of what athletics success has done for their university.

APP ST is ranked 25th best college in NC

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/nc

We need better and unique branding- everyone
    App state does everything right - also everyone
    But but but branding, meanwhile they have same nickname as a bigger school not even 6 hours away

Acceptance rates: in order of hardest to get in to

UNC 17%
    UL 75%
    Lswho 76%
    App st 83%
    ECU 92%

(I seem to recall UL being tougher to get in to in previous reporting?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information