Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When you sell out your football stadium...

Default When you sell out your football stadium...

You can afford to bring in SEC teams....

.....BOONE, N.C. – On a magical day in front of a sold-out crowd, the App State Mountaineers defeated the Auburn Tigers 69-64 in the program's first game on national television in the Holmes Convocation Center era. The Mountaineers led for 27 minutes of the game and used four double-digit performances to propel the team to a signature win.

The Mountaineers (6-2) have now won five straight with the win over Auburn (5-2) and have held a double-digit lead in each game during their streak.

With Sunday's win over SEC opponent Auburn, the Mountaineers claimed just their third win over an SEC school in program history and the first win over an SEC opponent since they defeated Arkansas in 2007. The win also marks App State's first win over a high-major opponent on its home floor since 1993 when the Mountaineers took down Nebraska at Varsity Gym.

App Nation was alive and well on Sunday as 7,037 fans attended the game, marking the 11th time in program history that App State has played in front of a crowd larger than 7,000 at home. Sunday was just the third time in the Holmes Center era that at least 7,000 people watched the Mountaineers play.

Default Re: When you sell out your football stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post

.....BOONE, N.C. – On a magical day in front of a sold-out crowd, the App State Mountaineers defeated the Auburn Tigers 69-64 in the program's first game on national television in the Holmes Convocation Center era. The Mountaineers led for 27 minutes of the game and used four double-digit performances to propel the team to a signature win.

The Mountaineers (6-2) have now won five straight with the win over Auburn (5-2) and have held a double-digit lead in each game during their streak.

With Sunday's win over SEC opponent Auburn, the Mountaineers claimed just their third win over an SEC school in program history and the first win over an SEC opponent since they defeated Arkansas in 2007. The win also marks App State's first win over a high-major opponent on its home floor since 1993 when the Mountaineers took down Nebraska at Varsity Gym.

App Nation was alive and well on Sunday as 7,037 fans attended the game, marking the 11th time in program history that App State has played in front of a crowd larger than 7,000 at home. Sunday was just the third time in the Holmes Center era that at least 7,000 people watched the Mountaineers play.
    Apps just different. They get it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Apps just different. They get it.
    And we (Acadiana) don't. I don't know why and probably never will and it probably doesn't matter.

We could go undefeated.
    We could offer FREE tickets.
    We could offer FREE PARIKING INSIDE THE FENCES.
    And yet they won't come.

"Fans" that look for a reason not to come.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    And we (Acadiana) don't. I don't know why and probably never will and it probably doesn't matter.

We could go undefeated.
    We could offer FREE tickets.
    We could offer FREE PARIKING INSIDE THE FENCES.
    And yet they won't come.

"Fans" that look for a reason not to come.
    Those fans reside on the FB RAGIN Cajun Fans Football page...

Those fans reside on the FB RAGIN Cajun Fans Football page...
    And sadly many also reside here.

I bet that the way App got Auburn to go to their place was as part of a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal. Usually App gets nowhere near that crowd for basketball. Deal seems to have worked well for them. They do have one of their better teams this season. Good for the league for them to get a win like that. By the way we play at App on the afternoon of Saturday February 17.

7. Default Re: When you sell out your football stadium...

Sustained relationships with an anytime anywhere montra is another way to do it.

It won't happen in the 1st, 2nd, or perhaps third contract but a sustained relationship will get desired home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I bet that the way App got Auburn to go to their place was as part of a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal. Usually App gets nowhere near that crowd for basketball. Deal seems to have worked well for them. They do have one of their better teams this season. Good for the league for them to get a win like that. By the way we play at App on the afternoon of Saturday February 17.
    Backstory...why not UL?
    https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/...outputType=amp

It was a 2 for 1. It’s time to start doing those in basketball again. We play at least 1 big team on the road a year. Why not just do that through these deals? I’d rather Auburn than some Southland team.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It was a 2 for 1. It’s time to start doing those in basketball again. We play at least 1 big team on the road a year. Why not just do that through these deals? I’d rather Auburn than some Southland team.
    No money games this year.

11. Default Re: When you sell out your football stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    No money games this year.
    Don't do it for money.

Anytime, anywhere.

..., and we need to start doing these in football as well. Upgrade the schedule to sell tickets in the new stadium.

It really is time to ditch the annual 6th home game. Keep 1 payday game, and convert 1 of the other slots to a 2 for 1 machine.

You get a 6th home game every few years against a P4, and more chances for program elevating wins.

I have no argument with your proposal. Reason we don't do it is you generally get paid nothing or very little twice for your games at the arena of a major school. Still, I would do it in order to get a major school here. It may create a little more interest in the program which could pay off down the road. However, I don't make those decisions. As far as this year goes, we had some major schools interested after Jordan Brown left. However dates could not be worked out. We did get the home and home with Rice however to complete the schedule. Next season Rice will be in the American Conference and they will come here.

14. Default Re: When you sell out your football stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    As far as this year goes, we had some major schools interested after Jordan Brown left. However dates could not be worked out. We did get the home and home with Rice however to complete the schedule. Next season Rice will be in the American Conference and they will come here.
    Time and unforeseen occurances befall us all, but long term Louisiana needs to find a way to avoid being a position of needing to find "This year" deals.

The. The schedule would magically get tougher and the monetary and contract extension incentives would be harder to attain.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information