Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    ...And 7 at-large teams with the best records and SOS.

THAT will work!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatJaxState
    Ditto.

2. Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    The 12 team playoff is still a joke. Until the playoff system is all inclusive, there will never be a true playoff champion.

Again, if the P5's have no problem playing the G5's during the regular season, then the G5's should be given an equal opportunity to be able to play for the national championship game in post season. And again, I will state the G5's will probably humiliated in the first 4-5 years, but after that, the G5's will carry their own and the playing field will become more level.
    . . . what will happen in 4 to five years to make a difference . . .

3. Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

The 12 team playoff is still a joke. Until the playoff system is all inclusive, there will never be a true playoff champion.

Again, if the P5's have no problem playing the G5's during the regular season, then the G5's should be given an equal opportunity to be able to play for the national championship game in post season. And again, I will state the G5's will probably humiliated in the first 4-5 years, but after that, the G5's will carry their own and the playing field will become more level.
    I agree.

Once word gets out about how many NIL players career ended due to no playing time, reverse matricULation will begin

4. Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I agree.

Once word gets out about how many NIL players career ended due to no playing time, reverse matricULation will begin
    . . . they can’t figure out the money, you really think they will figure out the reverse . . .

I agree.

The majority of these NIL deals are paid to the athlete as a weekly check. When the athlete isn't producing as expected, his playing time decreases which further reduces the production. Then the weekly paycheck disappears. This is what happened with JB at Memphis. As this continues to happen, certain schools/coaches will develop a negative reputation and have a harder time recruiting transfers. I feel the long term impacts on the team will be negative as players will be worried about producing individual numbers instead of doing what is best for the team--think making that extra pass instead of taking a contest jumper.

6. Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    The majority of these NIL deals are paid to the athlete as a weekly check. When the athlete isn't producing as expected, his playing time decreases which further reduces the production. Then the weekly paycheck disappears. This is what happened with JB at Memphis. As this continues to happen, certain schools/coaches will develop a negative reputation and have a harder time recruiting transfers. I feel the long term impacts on the team will be negative as players will be worried about producing individual numbers instead of doing what is best for the team--think making that extra pass instead of taking a contest jumper.
    . . . once the fraud is figured out, the players will just demand all the cash up front or that the vehicle come without a loan and the haves will continue to poach from the have nots, it will just cost a little more . . . that will further whittle down the number of haves as those who only have enough ass to compete as Memphis may have done with Brown will not be in competition for the best of players . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . once the fraud is figured out, the players will just demand all the cash up front or that the vehicle come without a loan and the haves will continue to poach from the have nots, it will just cost a little more . . . that will further whittle down the number of haves as those who only have enough ass to compete as Memphis may have done with Brown will not be in competition for the best of players . . .
    Isn’t that what happened to Florida with the QB? He wanted all the millions up front and they couldn’t produce it, so he left.

8. Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Isn’t that what happened to Florida with the QB? He wanted all the millions up front and they couldn’t produce it, so he left.
    . . . there you go and poof, they are 5 and 6 . . . the good athletes will not be fooled for long . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Dude copied my playoff.

11. Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Dude copied my playoff.
    A compliment, an endorsement, pliagerism, great minds, or something else?

Please explain how the G5 will magically become competitive after 4-5 years of playing in the playoffs.

13. Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Please explain how the G5 will magically become competitive after 4-5 years of playing in the playoffs.
    It won't be magic, and it won't happen, across the board. (It hasn't happened across the board in the P5 ranks)

A level post season playing field would bring in more donors and make recruiting easier.

14. Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

It won't be magic, and it won't happen, across the board. (It hasn't happened across the board in the P5 ranks)

A level post season playing field would bring in more donors and make recruiting easier.
    . . .blind trust . . .

15. Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . .blind trust . . .
    Yes that's what exists now.

More exposure erases blind trust.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information