Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Default The 12-Team "Playoff"

Heard many a person here talk about how the new 12-team playoff brings new excitement to G5 teams, because they'll be part of the championship picture..

Do you guys still feel that way after today?

All day the talking heads have talked about "the best teams, not necessarily the most deserving".

Expanding to 12 teams just gives the committee more slots to create TV matchups. As far as G5, they'll still say "sure Liberty was undefeated, but could they REALLY beat a 3-loss LSU team?"

Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Heard many a person here talk about how the new 12-team playoff brings new excitement to G5 teams, because they'll be part of the championship picture..

Do you guys still feel that way after today?

All day the talking heads have talked about "the best teams, not necessarily the most deserving".

Expanding to 12 teams just gives the committee more slots to create TV matchups. As far as G5, they'll still say "sure Liberty was undefeated, but could they REALLY beat a 3-loss LSU team?"
    Doesn’t matter what they say. G5 will have their shot to prove it on the field.

Should have read more about the playoff setup instead of listening to my father in law.

I retract my previous statement

4. Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

That 12 team playoff with best G5 champ is on a sinking island

I wish they would at least take the G5 Conference Champion from the strongest G5 Conference. Instead, they will just take the highest ranked G5 Champion. There is a major difference there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I wish they would at least take the G5 Conference Champion from the strongest G5 Conference. Instead, they will just take the highest ranked G5 Champion. There is a major difference there.
    Good point.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this proposal for a new subdivision with player compensation comes out just as the playoffs are expanding. Any time the little guy gains just an inch of ground the powers that be do something to add miles of separation.

8. Default Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this proposal for a new subdivision with player compensation comes out just as the playoffs are expanding. Any time the little guy gains just an inch of ground the powers that be do something to add miles of separation.
    . . . sometimes you just have to have the right “inch” . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Or this 4 days ago

https://lsutigerswire.usatoday.com/2...parating-ncaa/

16 team play off with 10 conference champs and 6 at large teams!! Only fair way!

I say bring on 32 team December madness.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    I wish they would. Get the SEC bias completely out of college football. Blow hards like Finebaum and the rest of the talking heads can circle jerk to the SEC elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    16 team play off with 10 conference champs and 6 at large teams!! Only fair way!
    There will be only 9 conferences next year

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The 12-Team "Playoff"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    There will be only 9 conferences next year
    ...And 7 at-large teams with the best records and SOS.

THAT will work!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatJaxState

The 12 team playoff is still a joke. Until the playoff system is all inclusive, there will never be a true playoff champion.

Again, if the P5's have no problem playing the G5's during the regular season, then the G5's should be given an equal opportunity to be able to play for the national championship game in post season. And again, I will state the G5's will probably humiliated in the first 4-5 years, but after that, the G5's will carry their own and the playing field will become more level.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information