Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Jacksonville State in 2023 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: Jacksonville State view

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Of course they bring them. It's part of the bowl experience. That's the point of the brand. lol
    FIFY

About the JSU band. I saw several fans mention that the band will probably not be out on full force (if at all) for the bowl game because they were originally not eligible for a bowl game and the band had not planned for the performance.

Of course this is just a rumor but it makes sense since many band members probably have made plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Our local media is pretty much garbage these days with the exception of a few folks, and it’s only getting worse.
    I usually do not listen to the local news as I listen to news talk radio and Fox News to get my news (before someone says it, I know it is slanted, but I like the way it is slanted). The other day after a football game ended one of the local news broadcasts came on. Being too lazy to pick up the remote to change the channel I watched the broadcast.

Why are all the non-studio reporters high school kids? I could not believe what I was watching. The broadcast looked like something that would be shown at a high school during the lunch period.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    About the JSU band. I saw several fans mention that the band will probably not be out on full force (if at all) for the bowl game because they were originally not eligible for a bowl game and the band had not planned for the performance.

Of course this is just a rumor but it makes sense since many band members probably have made plans.
    I thought that bringing the band was part of a bowl contract?

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    I usually do not listen to the local news as I listen to news talk radio and Fox News to get my news (before someone says it, I know it is slanted, but I like the way it is slanted). The other day after a football game ended one of the local news broadcasts came on. Being too lazy to pick up the remote to change the channel I watched the broadcast.

Why are all the non-studio reporters high school kids? I could not believe what I was watching. The broadcast looked like something that would be shown at a high school during the lunch period.
    LMAO!!

Sadly, they’re college graduates. Put their report together on their phone.

They’re letting us know what is impor’ant (and easy) to report.

Even my wife dropped a WTF the other day, which is NOT in her usual vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    LMAO!!

Sadly, they’re college graduates. Put their report together on their phone.

They’re letting us know what is impor’ant (and easy) to report.

Even my wife dropped a WTF the other day, which is NOT in her usual vocabulary.
    I get what KATC/Scripps is trying to do, but the result/output is poor. Then they mix in some national correspondence reports to fill in gaps and it's just bad. One of local reporters drove to BR to do a report on some LSU architects which was aired last night. What? Could not find a single report-worthy happenstance in Acadiana? Could not care less.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I get what KATC/Scripps is trying to do, but the result/output is poor. Then they mix in some national correspondence reports to fill in gaps and it's just bad. One of local reporters drove to BR to do a report on some LSU architects which was aired last night. What? Could not find a single report-worthy happenstance in Acadiana? Could not care less.
    Again, I think it all stems from what these outlets are wanting to pay as compensation. They’re not going to get the best and brightest of young professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by old alum View Post
    I thought that bringing the band was part of a bowl contract?
    Don't know about that, but based on the fans say they may not have a lot of their band.

I'm worried about how portal depleted our team will be come bowl time.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I'm worried about how portal depleted our team will be come bowl time.
    Mostly notable, The Ohio State University is being decimated by the portal. Even their kicker bailed.

Just the excuse du jour for bad bowl performances coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    For those who watch KADN, Will Herron the sports guy there, had an interesting segment last night on the bowl game. He mentioned twice that the Cajuns were facing Jackson State. SMH.
    I saw that. It was actually THREE times. Weak.

Default Bus Trip to NOLA

Anyone with inside information about this even being a possibility?

Default Re: Bus Trip to NOLA

It is a possibility but not set yet

Please keep us informed. We definitely want to ride the bus.

I would like to also. That is why I have been holding off on buying my game ticket. I am pretty sure a bus would fill up pretty quickly.

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information