Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Jacksonville State in 2023 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: Jacksonville State view

WOW!!! I googled their band. Perhaps the Pride of Acadiana should watch this video. They are very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PFfUJ3LPOo

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    I might go just to hear their band! But then, I'll have to listen to the POA play the same song over and over and over again.
    Roarman for band director!

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    They are the “Marching Southerners” to be more precise, and they ARE, hands down, the FINEST college marching band in the country—BAR NONE!!! I’m writing this as a member ofhe PoA back when we were an _____-KICKING band back in the 1970’s and 80’s under Jim Goodman. Back then, he told us the only college band he’d worry about facing was JSU—scary back then, and unbelievable today!!

For all the peeps on this board that participate in the yearly “the PoA SUCKS” thread—this will set a new standard. The Southerners are a 560-member “drum corps” style band that does an actual show, and they WILL, literally, blow the stands away. They also hace a DCI quality drumline and colorguard.
    Here is their current show—ENJOY!!

https://youtu.be/Sm7PkuXZpAI?si=tpdDq36PYzGfCHzD
    Thanks! Seriously good band!!! You ever come across any videos of the PoA from our time there (mid 70’s in particular)?

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    They are the “Marching Southerners” to be more precise, and they ARE, hands down, the FINEST college marching band in the country—BAR NONE!!! I’m writing this as a member ofhe PoA back when we were an _____-KICKING band back in the 1970’s and 80’s under Jim Goodman. Back then, he told us the only college band he’d worry about facing was JSU—scary back then, and unbelievable today!!

For all the peeps on this board that participate in the yearly “the PoA SUCKS” thread—this will set a new standard. The Southerners are a 560-member “drum corps” style band that does an actual show, and they WILL, literally, blow the stands away. They also hace a DCI quality drumline and colorguard.
    Here is their current show—ENJOY!!

https://youtu.be/Sm7PkuXZpAI?si=tpdDq36PYzGfCHzD
    They are very impressive!

They are worth the price of admission.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Jacksonville State view

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    Just for calling us la-la deserves a ass kicking
    Geaux Cajuns
    CC
    Absolutely. For the sake of verbal economy, and efficiency of expression, UL is two letters shorter. But, if he just wants to play the jerk, then La-La away.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    Absolutely. For the sake of verbal economy, and efficiency of expression, UL is two letters shorter. But, if he just wants to play the jerk, then La-La away.
    Since you are a saint:

"Forgive them lord, for they know not what they do."

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Default Re: Bowl Game Leak

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Did you expect anything less?
    Well, based on the argument that there are too many bowl games and teams don't deserve, one would think demand would go down and supply us too high, so prices should be lower

Another reason that proves ncaa has no concept of academics

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Utah state vs. Georgia state in the potato bowl. That’s not a bad matchup. GSU wasn’t going to travel anyway.
    That was my thougts as well! They could play in the Peach Bowl and not bring anyone.

UL Football Re: Jacksonville State view

For those who watch KADN, Will Herron the sports guy there, had an interesting segment last night on the bowl game. He mentioned twice that the Cajuns were facing Jackson State. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    A long time. They were a consistent playoff team in fcs. They beat FSU a few years ago when state was down.

Just looked it up
    Sept 11,2021 Jax st 20 fsu 17
    And we lost the following season 49-17. Yikes.

Yes…I know those were two different FSU teams, but only about a season and a half apart, and I’m guessing Jacksonville State hasn’t regressed since that game.

This could be a dogfight, especially with our defense having to contain Rich Rod’s offense without Gant and possibly without Ossai by the time December 16 rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    For those who watch KADN, Will Herron the sports guy there, had an interesting segment last night on the bowl game. He mentioned twice that the Cajuns were facing Jackson State. SMH.
    Our local media is pretty much garbage these days with the exception of a few folks, and it’s only getting worse.

Probably largely due to the way these media outlets treat their employees. Hiring them cheaply, but then still making them sign contracts where they owe money (some of the little bit they make) if they leave early.

It’s only going to get worse as profits, if any, continue to decline, and it’s the industry’s fault for the way they’ve decided to mold their business, turning off more and more viewers, and in turn, meaning less advertisers willing to spend dollars.

That's market 125 for you

14. Default Re: Jacksonville State view

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    "LA La" without the "oooh" is missing that little umph.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Very nice, I wonder if they'll bring the band? Expensive to put up that many kids.

And they finished with Malagueña... shades of the Muchaco's! (And I'll mail a free copy of my book to the first person who can explain why that's not a misspelling... )

Somewhere I used to have a recording of finals (it might have been pre-DCI... VFW?) played in the Astrodome. Acoustics were horrific, but when the Muchacho's soprano bugle played the signature solo with the high notes from La Virgen de la Macareña, the place exploded.
    Of course they bring them. It's part of the bowl experience. That's the point of the band. lol

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information