Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Jacksonville State in 2023 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: its bowl game week

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Add in Inflation and families just can't afford nor see the value in an mehhh experience.
    I know the university does not set the price of the bowl tickets, but those prices for a family of 4 or 5 were just too high just like the bus ride with no ticket.
    I remember for the Lending Tree Bowl in Mobile, we brought like 3 busses loaded with Cajun fans. I promise you the prices were not that high and that was before this bad inflation.
    I will be there as usual, hoping some of our alumni, fans, NOLA people decide to support the home team. As I said previously, day of game tickets will be cheap.
    Agreed!

Default Re: its bowl game week

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Agreed!
    Jamarcus had a segment on the tv3 news yesterday for the Cajuns care program. A student ticket was $67 before fees and taxes. That’s the same as the “teacher tickets”. I know this specific thing is not university related. You would think the bowl would want more students to be there. Why not have a student discount? A lot of adults can’t afford that much less some broke ass college kids.

3. Default Re: Its Bowl Game Week

With insurance being out of control across the country, gotta wonder if R&L Carriers is feeling the pinch. New Orleans for sure is dying a slow death with regard to tourism dollars. Probably why they didn't even feature the NOLA Bowl discount links this year. One way or the other, these prices are not reasonable for this experience.

As far as the busses go, as someone said before, there should be a plan in place before the season even begins. With the recent track record of results and the many MANY bowl games available to us, it should be expected that we'll be in a bowl game. But the cost? Passing on the cost to the alumni trying to get to the games is complete BS. This is why everything goes back to our disastrous fundraising efforts. A healthy RCAF could help to pay for some of this instead of gouging our fans. Instead, the RCAF general fund is content with wasting money, like paying the MBB HC $750k+ a year to chase off the fanbase.

4. Default Re: Its Bowl Game Week

. . . preach the suck. . . is it really a wonder why no new fans can be enticed with all the suck posted here . . . who would want to attend anything when they read what they read here . . . this place may end up being the final death knell . . .

5. Default Re: Its Bowl Game Week

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . preach the suck. . . is it really a wonder why no new fans can be enticed with all the suck posted here . . . who would want to attend anything when they read what they read here . . . this place may end up being the final death knell . . .
    Jack Ma quote “Opportunities lie in the place where complaints are.”

6. Default Re: Its Bowl Game Week

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    . . . what’s a Jack Ma . . .

7. Default Re: Its Bowl Game Week

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . what’s a Jack Ma . . .
    A guy who interpreted complaints as opportunities and became a billionare.

8. Default Re: Its Bowl Game Week

A guy who interpreted complaints as opportunities and became a billionare.
    . . . RCAF needs him badly . . . with him we could be Oregon, Texas or even Houston because lawd knows, we have the fuel here . . . lots of it . . .

9. Default Re: Its Bowl Game Week

It's all in perspective. Some take the easy road. Sitting on the fence and complaining about the "complainers" gives this illusion that they're sympathetic to the brass but also can claim they're "real supporters" on RP. Realists understand that shining a light where the darkness is will always be the first step in fixing the issues. This administration is the drug addict that hasn't yet admitted to themselves that they have a problem.

Default Re: Its Bowl Game Week

I don’t know much. But I do know last year was colder than cold.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    I don’t know much. But I do know last year was colder than cold.
    I have been deer hunting since I was a kid, but sitting on those aluminum bleachers in below freezing weather in Shreveport was one of the coldest this old 42 year old body has ever been. I cannot wait to sit in the relaxing confides of the Super Dome Saturday and pull a good day drunk.

Pack the Super DOME! Geaux Cajuns!

all my bowltickets appeared in wallet this morning and I did not have to call or send an email. i guess it just had a delay in processing.

Cody just Tweeted the 2-Deep. Team looks pretty deep outside of Gant. Landon Burton is starting at C!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Cody just Tweeted the 2-Deep. Team looks pretty deep outside of Gant. Landon Burton is starting at C!
    Can you post it?

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread Information