Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Jacksonville State in 2023 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: Bus Trip to NOLA

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    I'm sure they took a big loss for the Independance Bowl last year. Had 3 busses, but well over half the people cancelled the morning of, when they saw it was about 11 degrees in Shreveport. We ended up taking 2 busses, each about half full. Was a good trip. But when they opened that bus door at the stadium, the rest of us probably wished that we had cancelled too. I've never felt cold like that.
    So maybe they are using this trip to recoup last years loss.
    There wasn't a refund; at least we didn't take one.

2. Default Re: Bus Trip to NOLA

I'm sure they took a big loss for the Independance Bowl last year. Had 3 busses, but well over half the people cancelled the morning of, when they saw it was about 11 degrees in Shreveport. We ended up taking 2 busses, each about half full. Was a good trip. But when they opened that bus door at the stadium, the rest of us probably wished that we had cancelled too. I've never felt cold like that.
    Didn't think we got refunds from last year for canceling. I know I didn't. Most likely reason for the cost of the trip is the cost to the alumni association to have the trip. I'm pretty confident the AA isn't making a profit on this trip, even if the bus is full.

$7500 for a 2 hour bus ride and a case of Coors light and some Cheetos? Ok, sure.

4. Default Re: Bus Trip to NOLA

. . . the Cheetos are gold plated . . .

It's hard to disagree; the cost is on the high side. But we went ahead and signed up anyway for convenience. We're getting older and just dont want to make that drive.
    Myself also. I am going alone and I just did not want all of the hassle of driving, parking, etc. I rode the bus for the Marshall Bowl game, and it was great. I hope they fill the bus.

Now this is funny!

7. Default Re: Bus Trip to NOLA

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    $7500 for a 2 hour bus ride and a case of Coors light and some Cheetos? Ok, sure.
    Pretty much so and the AA isn't making money off of the trip. The cost for this trip is a lot more than you think - way more than $2000. Also, the trip for the bus is more than 2 hours each way. I'm not exactly sure where it is coming from but it's not Lafayette and the driver was not included in the cost of the bus. The AA was going to use the UL busses but at the last minute were told they were not available so had to have Hotard jump through hoops to get one. Also it's Bud light and Doritos!

8. Default Re: Bus Trip to NOLA

. . . bud light is free, but the Dorito’s are Ali Landry hot . . .

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    Pretty much so and the AA isn't making money off of the trip. The cost for this trip is a lot more than you think - way more than $2000. Also, the trip for the bus is more than 2 hours each way. I'm not exactly sure where it is coming from but it's not Lafayette and the driver was not included in the cost of the bus. The AA was going to use the UL busses but at the last minute were told they were not available so had to have Hotard jump through hoops to get one. Also it's Bud light and Doritos!
    Why couldn’t they use the UL busses?

10. Default Re: Bus Trip to NOLA

. . . team, coaches, managers, cheer leaders, band . . . just do the math . . .

Quote Originally Posted by WestUCajun View Post
    Uh oh…

12. Default Re: Bus Trip to NOLA

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Don't know exactly why. Think they may have had trouble getting drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Maybe for graduation,

Thanks to those responsible for the effort. To me, the price is not excessive. I hope they can fill the buses.

I paid to go last year, even though I cancelled. I did not ask for nor did I receive a refund. Since I did reserve a seat, I figured I would not or should not receive a refund.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 . LastLast

Thread Information