Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Jacksonville State in 2023 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

1. Default Re: Jacksonville State view

I really don't think CUSA is living rent free in Sun Belt school's heads. If anything, we're more concerned with AAC. We're much closer to the G5 penthouse than the outhouse. These guys need to get over themselves. Cajuns by 28 over these pompous _____ clowns! Send them home with their gamecocks tucked between their legs.

Default Re: Bowl Game Leak

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If you guys don’t think losing to this team is detrimental to our brand y’all are nuts. It just reinforces the perception of the same ole Cajuns.

We couldn’t even beat the teams we were supposed to this year. Didn’t 4 of our losses this year come as we were the clear favorite?

We as fans have experienced terrible football for so long that when we excel it’s as if it was a fluke. So falling back to 6-6 is acceptable by the majority. Which in itself is pathetic.

If you don’t believe that’s the case just read this thread, already making excuses for losing.

We were beat in 2 games this year, Minnesota and stAte, we lost the rest.
    We said same ole Cajuns when we had a chance to hire a coach at a time our job would have been most desirable and we hired Baldwin 2.0. (the only 2 position coaches to get the job) Took us 13 wins to 6 wins over night.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'm reading there's a chance that Jax St gets moved from NOLA is Liberty loses tonight. So we'll see. Maybe we can get lucky and avoid this entire thing all together.
    I think Jax st would bring a better crowd. Hope they stay in the bowl. I wonder if Maggard considered Rich Rod out of the FCS for our job but took the better candidate?

4. Default Re: Bowl Game Leak

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    I think Jax st would bring a better crowd. Hope they stay in the bowl. I wonder if Maggard considered Rich Rod out of the FCS for our job but took the better candidate?
    Rich Rod was the better candidate by experience, and success.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yes all the schools mentioned stayed home those respective years. (no other options) LSU's decline was in the Stovall years.
    But they didn't go into a decline because of being left out waiting for a cotton bowl invite in 1969 that went to Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yes all the schools mentioned stayed home those respective years. (no other options) LSU's decline was in the Stovall years.
    Interesting, thanks!!!

However, I don't think any would associate UCLA's declining of a bowl with LaTech's. For two reasons: a. Ucla certainly does not shy away from postseason play as they have more titles across all sports than anyone and B. They have also on other occasions applied for bowl eligibility waivers. Ergo going out of their way to try to get in to a bowl

Default Re: Jacksonville State view

Quote Originally Posted by NWLA Cajun View Post
    I really don't think CUSA is living rent free in Sun Belt school's heads. If anything, we're more concerned with AAC. We're much closer to the G5 penthouse than the outhouse. These guys need to get over themselves. Cajuns by 28 over these pompous _____ clowns! Send them home with their gamecocks tucked between their legs.
    And we’re more concerned about what others call this school than we are about winning football games. People need to get over that. Maybe start with telling Martin Hall to change the name on the big brick sign in front of the building that says LOUISIANA LAFAYETTE. What a novel idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCajun View Post
    Nothing to do with the administration, sports are entertainment…if you aren’t entertained go do something else. It’s not that serious, not to me. It’s also pretty clear how many people have never actually played competitive sports and how close winning and losing actually are.
    You want to go to the how close winning and losing actually are route. UL has the highest assistant coach money pool in the SBC. How come these guys haven't done or figured out the difference between winning and losing? They finished 5th in a SBC west weak division. The expectations aren't being meet. You keep siding and saying what the administration wants you to say. Tell MH we said hello.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    You want to go to the how close winning and losing actually are route. UL has the highest assistant coach money pool in the SBC. How come these guys haven't done or figured out the difference between winning and losing? They finished 5th in a. SBC west weak division. The expectations aren't being meet. You keep siding and saying what the administration wants you to say. Tell MH we said hello.
    Yeah big administration guy here. Your view is low brow, somebody has a different view than you and it makes them an apologist for the administration. Responses like that are usually a sign of low intelligence. You know the coaches aren’t actually on the field right? It weird that almost all of these coaches were here when a different set of players were winning those close games but now they don’t even know what it is right? Bc you definitely know more about competition than Mike Desormeaux, Tim Leger, Lamar Morgan and many others on the staff. None of those guys have competed at a high level, maybe you should teach them what that’s about.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cocktolstoy View Post
    We said same ole Cajuns when we had a chance to hire a coach at a time our job would have been most desirable and we hired Baldwin 2.0. (the only 2 position coaches to get the job) Took us 13 wins to 6 wins over night.
    Trust me Des is not Baldwin 2.0. I still support Des as HC but there are major problems with this program that I’ve seen over the last 2 seasons that are in desperate need of correction.

I’m hoping that the bowl game spring boards us into a good offseason and an 8+ win next season or he needs to go.

Who previously was never more than a position coach or co-DC…they really Troy state’d that hire. Hires either work or they don’t. Very few coaches actually are successful at every stop they have been. An extreme minority have a straight trajectory to the top, not even Saban or Meyer. In fact I can’t even think of a highly successful coach that didn’t struggle somewhere or at some point. I’m not satisfied with where we are either but he is the coach and I don’t see how it helps to constantly hammer him. I don’t think there is anyone who wants to win more than Mike.
    I’d say he has a slightly better resume.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Sumrall

Yeah big administration guy here. Your view is low brow, somebody has a different view than you and it makes them an apologist for the administration. Responses like that are usually a sign of low intelligence. You know the coaches aren’t actually on the field right? It weird that almost all of these coaches were here when a different set of players were winning those close games but now they don’t even know what it is right? Bc you definitely know more about competition than Mike Desormeaux, Tim Leger, Lamar Morgan and many others on the staff. None of those guys have competed at a high level, maybe you should teach them what that’s about.
    Many folks on this site views are very different than yours. You have been the only consistent poster along with Jacob who have tons of built in excuses. The standard has been raised and the standard is the standard that doesn't change for anyone. This team isn't meeting the minimum expectations. The coaches aren't on the field but they lineup the folks and call plays to help the team succeed. Play calling on both sides of the ball have showed the severe lack of experience. If all of the coaches were here and now it's a difference set of players then ask yourself why aren't these kids being coached up? Maybe they have completed at a high level but they sure haven't showed the ability to coach at a high level and that is what they are getting paid to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I’d say he has a slightly better resume.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Sumrall
    Which guaranteed he would be a winner how? Plenty of coaches with extremely impressive resumes fall flat on their faces all the time. No matter which route you take, it can always go either way. Every single hire will either work or it won’t. You see successful coaches get hired away and fail, get fired and succeed somewhere else or never succeed again. It’s the same guy, which tells me circumstances have a lot more to do with success and failure than people admit. That goes for pretty much any profession. My biggest concern personally is S&C bc we sure seem to be injured a lot more than under Napier but everyone at Florida wants Hocke fired bc they are injured more than ever before, maybe it’s just luck. It’s east to keep saying it, “next man up” but at a certain point it’s just not possible, not at this level. I think if we had a healthy o line the last 2 years we are looking at 8-9 wins both years. That’s not getting into QB, RB and DB injuries or the academic casualties last year.

Which guaranteed he would be a winner how? Plenty of coaches with extremely impressive resumes fall flat on their faces all the time. No matter which route you take, it can always go either way. Every single hire will either work or it won’t. You see successful coaches get hired away and fail, get fired and succeed somewhere else or never succeed again. It’s the same guy, which tells me circumstances have a lot more to do with success and failure than people admit. That goes for pretty much any profession. My biggest concern personally is S&C bc we sure seem to be injured a lot more than under Napier but everyone at Florida wants Hocke fired bc they are injured more than ever before, maybe it’s just luck. It’s east to keep saying it, “next man up” but at a certain point it’s just not possible, not at this level.
    But didn't we have the guy that was the assistant at TSAB? Rusty and Lewis were the best S and C guys we had imo.

Doesn't rich rod prefer a two qb system?

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information