Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Jacksonville State in 2023 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Default Re: Bowl Game Leak

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Only in the grandstand just like baseball. And only in premium seating in the dome for basketball. And let's remember this, people by multiple seats in the grandstands, very few buy single seats. So, again there are not a lot of RCAF members when it comes to all three of those sports. If that were the case, there would be more RCAF members. I spoke to Dr Maggard about this at an RCAF function last year.
    Did you ask him why they have basically had the same number of members since RCAF started.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In the past UCLA, LSU, and UConn and Tech took that route and declined an invite.

It took a few years for those programs to recover. Meaning the following year (and for one years) they didn't get an invite.
    Did ucla and unconn decline with no other bowl open?
    Did lswho decline, or finagle the system to move punishment to a year when they weren't as good and go to bowl when better but otherwise would have been punished

Default Re: Jacksonville State view

Isn't this the school Artis Gilmore played for???

4. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Bowl Game Leak

I believe people like simplicity over complexity. Nobody can tell me being and understanding your place in the RCAF is easy to understand.

5. Default Re: Bowl Game Leak

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Did ucla and unconn decline with no other bowl open?
    Did lswho decline, or finagle the system to move punishment to a year when they weren't as good and go to bowl when better but otherwise would have been punished
    Yes all the schools mentioned stayed home those respective years. (no other options) LSU's decline was in the Stovall years.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Did you ask him why they have basically had the same number of members since RCAF started.
    You can ask him since you can't refute what I posted. The seating capacity for Lamson Park is 2,790. What is the seating capacity of the grandstand? That's more than the actual number of RCAF members. The same holds true for baseball and basketball. There is crossover between the sports, but too many simply still support one sport at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Isn't this the school Artis Gilmore played for???
    No. AG played for Jacksonville, not JSU.

All of these "jackson" schools make it confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I believe people like simplicity over complexity. Nobody can tell me being and understanding your place in the RCAF is easy to understand.
    The one thing with RCAF that is easy to understand is “what have you given lately” is the measuring stick.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    No. AG played for Jacksonville, not JSU.
    I knew dat, just trying to trick a certain poster.

11. Default Re: Jacksonville State view

About the NOLA bowl? Last year we played UH in a bowl that was frozen. I had tickets and opted to watch it on television because I’m not freezing. Not many people are willing to do that. The prior year we beat MU in the NOLA Bowl. It was great.

If you’re not in a NY 6 bowl it’s not important who you play. Starting next season if you’re not one of the 12 your relevance is further reduced.

I’m glad to be bowling in NOLA bowl where at least I’m able to focus on the game instead of rain gear, or winter clothes, and sometimes both together.

I thought this was a Football bowl Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Some of your post makes sense, but most of them reek the smell of UL administration _____hole.
    Nothing to do with the administration, sports are entertainment…if you aren’t entertained go do something else. It’s not that serious, not to me. It’s also pretty clear how many people have never actually played competitive sports and how close winning and losing actually are.

Wouldn’t get too offended by what a fan from Jacksonville calls us.

Not a bad breakdown though.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yes all the schools mentioned stayed home those respective years. (no other options) LSU's decline was in the Stovall years.
    Favorite son…fool’s gold third year, ran him after fourth. 22-21-2.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information