Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Demo party 12/11

1. Default Re: Demo party 12/11

. . . I would suspect that the benefits of the potential recycling/crushing/shredding benefits will go to the party doing the demolition and probably was calculated into their bid . . .

Default Re: Demo party 12/11

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Hopefully we get back to a totally open concourse on the first floor. I hated it when they put in the temporary‘luxury’ suites.
    “Luxury”…duck blind with a heater?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Man, I was keeping an eye on that house…love that location.

Eta: it’s still being listed…$335k. Not a bad price really, as the house looks immaculate…and we know Frenchie kept it up well.

Just kinda big for me and not at all the layout I want. But that back patio is really nice! Brings back lots of Frenchie memories.
    I recently downsized and moved to the Saints Street area. Would be interested to move closer to the stadium. Would have to do some hard thinking if I want to go back to a larger home.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    I recently downsized and moved to the Saints Street area. Would be interested to move closer to the stadium. Would have to do some hard thinking if I want to go back to a larger home.
    My issue is, I want to build a small 1,600-1,800 sq ft house, with a very small yard. Finding an empty lot in the st streets is very rare, and usually exp. Even if I find a ‘tear-down’ type house, they come in at least low -mid 100k’s, which blows my budget. It’s just not feasible to build a small, simple house for 400k.
    I’ll prob have to find a lot further out, but I really want this area. Plus, those lots are usually bigger than what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The concrete can be crushed and used as a road base. A good portion of the rebar can be recycled. The aluminum seats can be pulled out any time and shredded. Electric wire can be pulled out too. On many jobs the money made from recycling can equal the cost of the demolition. I suspect there will be lots of crushed concrete generated. They may have a concrete crusher on site I don't know haven't been to the site.
    And that goes to the company that won the bid right?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    And that goes to the company that won the bid right?
    It depends on how the contract is set up. If the owner gets the recycled material then the cost of the demolition goes up. Most owners get a demo contractor and tell them to give me a bare piece of property.

12/15/2023 - 6:41 am

Attached Images Attached Images  

Friday morning

Attached Images Attached Images        

Great pics, bitter sweet

With all the comments about structural issues on here, I’m surprised it’s still standing

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    With all the comments about structural issues on here, I’m surprised it’s still standing
    Ha…I had that same thought. But they weren’t just comments….it was pretty evident for even non-engineering folks what terrible shape it was in. Tons of exposed rebar, etc.

And who knows, maybe it’s going down quicker than other, similar structures. It sure is happening a lot quicker than I thought at first. They are almost to my UD seats, and that PB should come down pretty quickly. That will be a big moment in the demo.

Yeah no ____..... There was a ton of rebar in the upper deck structure

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Yeah no ____..... There was a ton of rebar in the upper deck structure
    Looks like it. Im not sure what a normal amount is, but I did hear it was built well.

14. Default Re: Demo party 12/11

LOL, true.

They haven't started the demolition yet, just threatening the stadium with equiplment is making it crumble.

Quote Originally Posted by STPacronym View Post
    12/15/2023 - 6:41 am
    Is that lower bowl being torn down?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information